rip secondary professions

I believed this thread is a lie, but not, not is. Yesterday I fishing in Darkmoon Island, my shadow priest have Fishing in 0, I had read this thread few minutes ago, but I believed this thread was false, but no, not is. When I had 100 fishing points, I fish again, but I didn't get any point.

Well, my new twinks will not have professions at lvl 375, that's so sad for me. But...that's life ='(

View attachment 5642

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_070815_095038.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_070815_095038.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 60
Thank god I haven't done any quests like that.

<3 maxed.

So, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this. One of my toons (F2P) has 375/375 fishing. If I try and fish with him for anything, it will reset the fishing prof down to 100 upon my next login?

Was thinking of doing the DMF Fancy Fish Feast thing, but I won't want to fish up the fish if a cast gives me a skill point and lowers my 375 fishing if this is the case. Also, I guess I should give up on fishing in Dalaran for the coin achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this. One of my toons (F2P) has 375/375 fishing. If I try and fish with him for anything, it will reset the fishing prof down to 100 upon my next login?

Was thinking of doing the DMF Fancy Fish Feast thing, but I won't want to fish up the fish if a cast gives me a skill point and lowers my 375 fishing if this is the case. Also, I guess I should give up on fishing in Dalaran for the coin achievement.

Fishing won't do anything, but if you do any of the quests that give skill ups for fishing (like fishing dailies or DMF quests), you get locked.

That is good news at least. Otherwise, if I fished at all for anything, my fishing would drop back to 100.

That is good news at least. Otherwise, if I fished at all for anything, my fishing would drop back to 100.

Yeah but it also means that stuff like Jeweled fishing pole become almost impossible to get cause you can't do dailies.

[MENTION=17630]Tiger[/MENTION] and others .Ok, so I just tested straight fishing to see if it would knock me back down to 100, and it does. Took a toon who had 275/300 fishing, fished 21 casts in SW water, logged out and back in and fishing was back to 100. :(

The only thing left to test is if it will happen to someone maxed at a particular level of fishing, say 225/225. I will see if I have anyone to test this on later.

Ok, it looks like straight fishing will not knock you back down to 100 if you have maxed your fishing to a particular level, 150/150, 225/225, 375/375. I only tested this with a toon that had 225/225 casting around Darkmoon island. First I made 10 casts, logged out and back in. Then I did 20 casts and logged out and in, 20 casts and logged out and in, and then 30 casts and logged out and in. It never knocked me down to 100 so I assume it is because of the max skill points for a particular level.

The mechanism is simple:
For any secondary profession with skill above 100 when you would skill it up it becomes 100.
It also works when your skill is capped (375/375 or any other..wtf am I even..) for fishing and cooking seems to be triggered together with fishing.
Archeology on the other hand is set to 100 probably only by doing darkmoon's monthly quest as does First Aid I mean normal skill-ups don't lower it.
I'm saying that from my experience of 10 characters but I might be wrong somewhere.

In the end I think that it is better to let it lower and just play as there are voices that it gets back when you subscribe.
Though I find there are that many things to achieve on starter edition and even more on veteran that I will never run out of them to buy subscription. :(

Sure, some have gotten it with the first cast.
Although I would not count on it.
Fishing in pools does not require a skill level.

Users who are viewing this thread