EU+US Returning after hiatus since MoP

Caramelcorn

Grandfathered
Hey everyone, I've never interacted with the community much but I was involved with Free to Play for most of Cataclysm and all of Pandaria, and I'm just now returning to the game. For reference, this is the character I've used the majority of the time:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/Caramelcorn/simple

While I'm proud of some of the gear I've gotten, unfortunately Resto Druids are no longer healing gods and I find myself struggling compared to other healers. I also noticed that Balance Druids seem to be topping damage meters on most battlegrounds.

It used to be recommended that Resto and Balance druids go for different gear, but I'm wondering if that still holds true. Will this druid be at a significant disadvantage with the current gear if I switch to Balance?

---

Also, in the interest of continuing to play a healer, I plan to level a Holy Paladin like I always planned on doing but never got around to, but I have a small question - with the new system giving us gear from battlegrounds, do those rewards allow me to have a full set of Int Plate armor?

Gear doesn't really matter much at all in bgs anymore, as long as you are wearing something in every slot you will have the standard stats, with a 5% boost to your main stat if you wear a full set of your class' armor (full plate for warrior or full leather for druid)

I don't recall a plate belt dropping from the bg crates, but a holy pally should be able to get the plate stuff that other plate wearers get from the crates like the legs, wristguards and chest

Gear doesn't really matter much at all in bgs anymore, as long as you are wearing something in every slot you will have the standard stats, with a 5% boost to your main stat if you wear a full set of your class' armor (full plate for warrior or full leather for druid)

Thanks, that definitely clears things up. Hope to see you on the battlefield!

You should be able to get a belt from instance boxes.
Resto druids are getting a buff soon I believe so don't give up on that favorite toon. Always topping the charts don't matter. It only serves to boosts your ego. In my raiding times the other leaders and I would not allow raiders to run metrics. The end results was all that mattered. Team cohesion was numero uno, not individual results.
You should check the upcoming changes.

wb

wbx2

Always topping the charts don't matter. It only serves to boosts your ego. In my raiding times the other leaders and I would not allow raiders to run metrics. The end results was all that mattered. Team cohesion was numero uno, not individual results.

And that's how it should be, not who's #1, 2, 3, 4 on meters even when the dps/hps isn't a wide gap. Especially in PvP where CC, dispels, jukes, and positioning mean a lot. If you're watching meters too much then you're stuck in LFR mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread