EU+US Private Server section / XPOff server?

rip

People these days.

Doesnt VQuality have it's own user forum? Why does is need to piggy back onto XPoff? The creator can just put a link to it in their signature. Many people on here have signatures. The post above mine has nearly 30 links in their signature. Evidently, a person can have many many links.

it's not worth investing time and effort in such a project if it's going to be taboo and buried within the community it's being made it for. it's not piggybacking off anything since the goal is to make something for the community. it's not a selfish endeavour, it just needs proper support and discoverability in order to be viable. this thread is not even about v-quality.

I can feel the community getting bigger already. roll on legion.

Reactions: Mvq
I would like to start by saying that on a moral level I have nothing against private servers, I use to create large guilds on twink private servers such as RiSeN WoW, Strife, World of Dalaran, and others. I had some of my most enjoyable moments in this game playing these servers, all of which I found on Twinkinfo.com.

Fast forward all these years and here I am, no longer a no name user, but an actual owner of XpOff. The two previous owners besides Myself, Drayner, and Myrm had no real interest in growing the online retail community outside of progressing their website. So there was a private server section during Damon, and Shane's years at the helm.

Once Myrm took the reins from Shane he removed the private server section and the auction house section because he had big goals for our community on blizzard's servers, he believed down the line that we could have some form of relationship with blizzard. I am not a fan of what blizzard has become since being sold to Activision, I believe they are starving their own game because it benefits their bottom line to go about things in the way that they have for the last few years. This i believe is the underlying cause of nostalrius’ success, which isn't to take away from what I've heard was an incredible server. I do not want to work with or for blizzard, I do not support their business as it is today, if by some miracle blizzard asked The NWL to run a blizzcon tournament I would be tempted to say no, based on morality alone.

However like Drayner, and Myrm I myself have an interest in growing the community on blizzard servers, I've given away items valued in thousands of dollars, spent countless hours with The NWL and Twink Cup, and spent more than a grand on TI/XpOff, all to grow the community on blizzard servers.

An XpOff private server would serve to do the exact opposite of that, instead of trying out legion, some people may go to our private server instead, leaving less room for overall growth and exposure. Now it was mentioned that Vquality didn't hurt EU but the truth is I've talked to blackout, and watched him, Vquality made PuGs a lot harder to achieve on EU, this much is obvious, and I think a server such as this may have even more drastic impacts on blizzard servers, potentially crippling our communities ability to expose itself in a few months during legion. Imagine if Twinkinfo did this when we were segregated into experience locked battlegrounds, would twinking outside of F2ps still exist to this day? I'm not sure but the chances are probably slim.

I have to ask myself if this is the direction I want the website to go, it is not. My goals in legion for this website and The NWL are largely intertwined (obviously), I've recently opened up an Endgame sub forum because in legion I intend to run RBG Tournaments alongside level 19 NWL seasons, along with being entered into the mainstream of players in game come legion, with these tournaments I hope to enter into the mainstream of twitch, both these things could increase our user base by thousands, it is my hope that we can eventually become a sort of WoWhead for blizzard Esports.

That being said I will not be running the 2017 twink cup, and most likely will not be contributing to any prize pool tournaments for lower brackets as I believe they are unhealthy for small, niche communities. So in short I cannot support an XpOff private server, or private server section because it's potential is counter to everything we have worked for the past couple of years, the group function will remain as a form of compromise (much like the underbelly) where moderators will not intrude on any content (within reason), creators of private servers are able to create groups and have access to an impressive amount of features they can use to maintain and grow their groups, I welcome anyone still interested in this to utilize the group feature as a base of operation. However that is all the support this website or myself can offer.

I can see that. However, in Legion the amount of twinks online isn't relevant regarding pops. So how'd this private server intervene that?

In which universe has endgame pvp tournaments anything to do with a twink private server?

So what you all are stating is that in less less than a week you all have already given up?
Don't take this the wrong way but as the adage states "built it and they will come". Earlier in this thread people were speaking as if twink private servers were "more active" than live servers. And now people, less than a week later, are already giving up the ghost on them?

You can't blame the administration of the site for not wanting to support quite literally what are illegal activities now can you all?

I haven't given up on anything, I came to see if the policy had changed in the last few months given that the blizzard support didn't come through as was hoped for when the policy was enacted. If there were proper support and interest then sure I would spend days of my time to help create something for the community. Build it and they will come is all well and good but not if it is relegated to being built in the middle of nowhere and signposts to it are forbidden.

Private servers have proven at times to be more active but that was when they were allowed to be openly discussed and when retail was in a particularly bad way. Also, my vision for a truly great server can't get by without real support. The groups feature lacks discoverability.

I don't think discussing private servers is illegal, either.

I can see that. However, in Legion the amount of twinks online isn't relevant regarding pops. So how'd this private server intervene that?

In which universe has endgame pvp tournaments anything to do with a twink private server?
By bringing endgame PvPers and Twitch users to this website it is my hope that exposure to low level PvPers will entice them into trying it out, that can't happen if they are all on a custom server.

By bringing endgame PvPers and Twitch users to this website it is my hope that exposure to low level PvPers will entice them into trying it out, that can't happen if they are all on a custom server.

Alright so it's easily explainable why that won't happen.

End-game PvPers aren't gonna play a Tournament without a prizepool. The NWL only works at 19s because it's a system that organizes premades for them. At end-game, a team of 10 can simply press a queue button to do that.

End-game PvPers aren't gonna play a Tournament without a prizepool.

There will be a prize pool for any end game tournaments I run, also i don't expect RBGers to play in seasons, I expect them to take notice, possibly roll a low level when they have nothing else to do, that goes for twitch viewers are well. I'm aware of the obstacles in the way of managing end game within The NWL.

There will be a prize pool for any end game tournaments I run, also i don't expect RBGers to play in seasons, I expect them to take notice, possibly roll a low level when they have nothing else to do, that goes for twitch viewers are well. I'm aware of the obstacles in the way of managing end game within The NWL.

What'll fund those prize pools?

Not sure yet, I'd like it to be more than this year's Twink Cup, we'll see.

Wait, so this tournament will be a 1 time a year kinda thing? How long will the tournament last?

Wait, so this tournament will be a 1 time a year kinda thing?
Nope there will be more than one, not sure yet on the time, haven't even touched tournament structure, I have many other things that require doing first.

I have to go do some yard work.

Nope there will be more than one, not sure yet on the time, haven't even touched tournament structure, I have many other things that require doing first.

I have to go do some yard work.

Seems unlikely to host a 3000+$ tournament funded by a few individuals more than 1 time a year.

sounds like this site is jumping the shark, or pivoting away from the community it is supposedly for. spending thousands of dollars on endgame tournaments? what?

Users who are viewing this thread