Pick My Spec (Alliance)

Srs

Legend
Hi. I'm Srs from 19s, I currently have a horde priest named "Elduderino", in 39s. Played a few games on AB night. Had lots of fun.

This is probably not thread worthy, but whatever. I have a terrible time making decisions, when it comes to making new toons, and I figure this will get me going faster than staring at the character creation screen for hours on end.

My question is: what class/specs in Alliance currently in most need of? I was thinking of making a resto shaman because it seems like healers are always needed, but sometimes CC classes are also lacking. I like casters. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
A good mage is really useful, but a mediocre mage is just a KB and a mana sponge for healers. Positioning and decision making are super important compared to a melee who can just get things done by holding the W key and spamming damage at things nearby. I also think 2 mages on the same team can be a waste.

Disc/rsham are both good healers that can be useful, but I think the healing numbers are starting to even out nicely on both sides so I'd stick around for another queue night and just watch what alliance brings to know what they need for sure :)

I am not 100% up to date with the overall general public composition, but Disc Priest rsham, or FC seem like sure fire winners.

Good to see ya coming up to 39s :)

Great to hear you are choosing alliance. I'd say no to the mage as they are pretty niche and we have a couple who queue mage pretty regularly. I think alliance could use some dedicated FCs first and foremost and perhaps some more healers and skilled melee dps. Again, I'd probably echo what was said above, our healer numbers are getting decent but it couldn't hurt for sure.

fc is a definite need, healers that know what they are doing is another. We had one night where my shadow priest friend did more healing than 3 disc priests. Next game we had 1 disc priest and it felt so much better than when we had 3. When alliance has both fc's and healers, we actually end up winning games(that night we ended up winning every game after getting the two)

There's been alot more disc/rsham on alliance the past couple weeks, people answering the call for more alli heals. WW monk is underrated, and alot of fun to play, imo. An offensive-minded Disc would be great of course.

Is there any particular classes that you are quite comfortable with? A player who excels at a particular class would be of more value to alli recently than someone who is playing a class they are unfamiliar with.

What do you think about Druid and having a different set depending on what is needed that night?

There's been alot more disc/rsham on alliance the past couple weeks, people answering the call for more alli heals. WW monk is underrated, and alot of fun to play, imo. An offensive-minded Disc would be great of course.

Is there any particular classes that you are quite comfortable with? A player who excels at a particular class would be of more value to alli recently than someone who is playing a class they are unfamiliar with.
I should have mentioned that I am worlds worst FC, and dislike smelly druids :p

For real, I think I'm probably the best at priest, but I already have a priest on horde, and I like to switch classes up sometimes. Mage would be fun, but bend already has a mage, and he would just me me look bad ;D

Thanks for input guys. What I've got from this so far, is that I don't necessarily have to make a healer to contribute.

Bend is the imbendbad (sp?) Mage? It's important to note that Poly glyph is grandfathered. Mage isn't the same without it.

Lock is pretty weak unless your a vocal player. Are you? What do you have against Druid? Boomkin is a decent caster, but without much CC, it doesn't need to be vocal. Then you also can go RDruid if there are less heals on Alli. Why are you bad at FCing? In my experience, it's both easy and stressful. If your team has cohesion it's easy. It's stressful when they aren't and you have to make decisions to stay or go and the game's fate rests on your ability to choose correctly.

I haven't seen many MWs in this bracket and they out heal shammans, that could be a consideration other then following the trends

Are you sure they out heal shamans? I've only seen about one mw thus far.

People are scared to play them, and mana is a real issue unless you go heavy spirit.

But in terms of healing it almost feels like you trade your mana for their health at 1:1 ratio. It's so weird but the healing output on a single target is huge.

People are scared to play them, and mana is a real issue unless you go heavy spirit.

But in terms of healing it almost feels like you trade your mana for their health at 1:1 ratio. It's so weird but the healing output on a single target is huge.

I was aware mana was an issue, much like at end game. Might level one out of interest. Their utility would be far less than a shaman though which imo has highest skill cap of any healer in this bracket. Using a mw would have the added benefit of getting around the 1 class premade rule though.

Users who are viewing this thread