New Ways to Hit Cap

rsq

Legend
As many of you are aware, with 5.04 the spell hit cap has been increased from 8 to 12. Unfortunately, many of us also lost our secondary weapon sticks that helped us attain our old hit caps, forcing us to search for even more.

I wanted to open up this thread as a possible discussion for new 'BiS' ways to hit cap for classes both Horde and Alliance. I'm also curious in hearing peoples' ideas about off-gear sets that focus on maxing a particular stat while still reaching hit cap.

On my Horde warlock/mage, I think the best all around way to hit cap is using GSoJ, Slippers of Unturned Loyalties, and Lushwater Cloak.
On my Horde Ele, I'm hit capping with DWB, elder cloak, and brilliant necklace.

I'm interested in hearing other peoples' sets to make sure I'm not missing anything, obvious or not! Also, any class/spec/race is welcome, I just chose to use those three as an example. Just looking to have a place to centralize a conversation about hit caps in 5.04 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For ele shamans, someone on ap horde (littlepowwow) just brought up that deep fathom ring+neck+elder cloak might give more stats, especially since horde cant get argas now.

also, didn't ele have a passive that convert spirit into hit? or i was dreamming.
That's why people are talking about using brilliant necklace+elder satchel cloak to hit cap. The talent was a 2nd tier in cata (0/3), though it was better to spec into 5 seconds off of wind shear

Alliance can still get Argas. No word horde being a bug or intended. Many bugs still exist though. Expertise adds spell hit. Not useful for many, but shaman and paladin dwarves using maces, and to a lesser extent human prot paladins using swords. Orc shamans using BFD/quest axe. Some specs do still get hit from spirit and some specs get bonus hit for some abilities.

Beyond that, Wowhead items with hit rating and reach cap while sacrificing as few stats as possible.

What do you mean with hit cap? In PvP or in PvE? PvE has no hit cap for f2p. I am persaonally at 32% hit with special hit gear as ele for PvE, since 5.0.4 it is possible to farm in winterspring for me . In PvP it is possible to get hit capped, but not always necessary. Hybrid and healer classes should gear for life points first, because heals always hit.

horde shammies can get hit capped using 'acquisition bracers' and 'slippers of unturned loyalties'. Both are long quest-lines but worth it.

horde shammies can get hit capped using 'acquisition bracers' and 'slippers of unturned loyalties'. Both are long quest-lines but worth it.

I believe the spell hit cap is 12 hit rating now, so those 2 would only get you 7 hit rating.

Healer's do seem to have an advantage with abilities that give 15% chance to hit.( Holy and Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Spiritual Insight and Holy Insight In the character detail's those 15% are in spell hit. Does that mean for all spells? Like for example Psychic Scream? And for a Holy Paladin, would that mean he needs 6 hit rating to hit cap his HoJ ?

Elemental shamans and shadow priests can hit cap with Elemental Precision and Spiritual Precision. Is there something like that for balance druids?

On a separate, but slightly relevant note all gear with the suffix "Of the Tiger" was changed to have Agility + hit instead of strength + agility. On a more relevant Topic, Sabzep, I would believe that is correct. However when I look at the Character stat sheet for my shaman it says for spell hit I have 15% it shouldn't say that because its not spell hit for all spells, just certain spells. I know this because my purge sometimes misses 24's. I hope they change that soon, and I would assume that paladins would still need the hit required to have their other offensive spells connect.

I believe the spell hit cap is 12 hit rating now, so those 2 would only get you 7 hit rating.
Does that mean for all spells? Like for example Psychic Scream? And for a Holy Paladin, would that mean he needs 6 hit rating to hit cap his HoJ ?

Veinte and I tested it after the character screen started showing 15% hit rating and determined that it is baseline, not just the listed spells.

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/priests-spec-talents-40017/index2.html Hit each other with a combined ~1500 SW:ps with no hit gear on, zero misses.

However when I look at the Character stat sheet for my shaman it says for spell hit I have 15% it shouldn't say that because its not spell hit for all spells, just certain spells. I know this because my purge sometimes misses 24's.

It at least takes more than 18% hit to cap against 24s. Not sure what the exact number is, but its higher than that.

Beyond that, Wowhead items with hit rating and reach cap while sacrificing as few stats as possible.

I considered putting together a guide/list of the new bis ways to hit cap for each class/spec but
1) was kind of too lazy to do so
2) realized I would miss things (pun intended?)

For instance, Tuskytim and I were talking about Horde Eles hit capping and he suggested using Acquisition Bracers and belt of the moon instead of DWB and we concluded it would be a trade of 5 stam for 1 int and 3 crit, which I would argue are both decent choices, up to a player's preference.

My plan was to combine all of the information collected at the end of the thread into one new 'guide thread' listing BiS options to hit cap.

As for Argas being grandfathered, found this in the 19s section. http://i.imgur.com/sxYP7.png

Healer specs don't need to gear for hit at all, because they're all hit capped by default (15% baseline).

Users who are viewing this thread