EU+US New 20 Project.

Mirox

Grandfathered
Greetings All.

First of all im in the look out for a new 20 F2P project with an old mate of mine. He recently returned to wow again after a long break. So we have a few Quetions we hope all you fellow tinkers could "shine" some light on. My mate is looking to roll a Ww monk for some Instanced pvp, But the thing is i donth see many ww monks in bg these days, well not the 1s i join. Are ww monk any good in Legion or should he go for a different class? Also my question is about healer class. Holy pala any good? or is Disc still the best option. I donth mind playing a "lesser" played heal class. i like the challenge of it. :) Hope any one have some advice. Cheers from us

Windwalkers are good but on their own can be a bit frustrating to play. If u heal alongside him it'll be a good combo. The off-heals of a WW is average. They have a slow and mortal wounds ability and also potential root ability but at 20 they lack the gap closer. He'll find it frustrating against ranged classes but again with a heals it would compensate for the beating he'll take trying to gap close. Roll is the only chance at closing the gap and that's a bit limited compared to a charge or harpoon.
Disc is still the best heals but I'm a bit like u in that I'd like to play one that's a bit more challenging.
Here's and idea for u both, why don't u both roll a Monk and both gear for WW & Mist and take turns healing each other, or even run double WW.
Holy Pali is good and has the bubble get out of jail card. I've never played one but have a friend from time to time who does. They can push out some dps also.
Those are my thoughts for ya! Either way have fun. Nothing more fun than starting a new project toon ;)

Cheers for that info Icehawk. We are both trying out Monks today and we'll see what we think about it. :D

Why play an OP spec like Disc when there is little to no challenge or skill to it, and there are already too many?

Coming from me, my main twink is a windwalker monk. If you know how to para the player, chi burst into an RSK then you almost one shot. Most of the time if you are attacked first, you're a dead man. If you're looking for a challenge, i recommend playing windwalker. Disc priest still is the best healing class but like Walrusbreath said, it poses no challenge and is a faceroll class. If you were thinking about rolling a holy pally, i'd do it. The class takes at least some skill to do and will pose a challenge i can promise that.

One of these threads again lol. Look, these threads come off as "whats the best classes so i can roll fotm"
If you really want to get into f2p then just test the classes out yourself and play what you like best. It will be obvious what classes perform better ingame. Coming to the forums to ask what to play is like asking for a excuse to play a op class due to the fact your new/just returning to the game.

One of these threads again lol. Look, these threads come off as "whats the best classes so i can roll fotm"
If you really want to get into f2p then just test the classes out yourself and play what you like best. It will be obvious what classes perform better ingame. Coming to the forums to ask what to play is like asking for a excuse to play a op class due to the fact your new/just returning to the game.
@Trialmop I don't believe the OP was asking what the fotm classes are so he could roll one. I certainly didn't get that impression from his post. Granted there are a lot of fotm twinks out there but I don't believe the OP is looking to add to that group.;)

@Trialmop I don't believe the OP was asking what the fotm classes are so he could roll one. I certainly didn't get that impression from his post. Granted there are a lot of fotm twinks out there but I don't believe the OP is looking to add to that group.;)
the whole "I donth mind playing a "lesser" played heal class." After asking "is Disc still the best option." is more suspect than his spelling of don't. If someone is too lazy to test out a class then they are probably too lazy to play a class that poses a challenge ingame. Not saying that this is the case with this specific thread but it could be.

I highly recommend holy paladin. While it may not be the best healer, it does offer unique utility abilities (hoj, and beacon of light). As a solo healer, disc is best, but holy paladin really shines alongside other healers as they can fill gaps and provide some decent spread heals as well as anti burst timing with bestow faith/holy shock especially when needing to move.

Another useful tip, is that beacon of light heals outside of the normal range of your healing abilities, meaning you can heal a character while ranging certain cc's which would otherwise be outside of the range of your regular healing abilities (assuming another target is in range of your heals). Beacon has so many different plays its incredible. Also you can spam beacon of light and annoy everyone around you with their sound effects on.

Mana is a problem for holy paladin I find though, and dps is lacking vs a priest, but the class is far from garbage and really shines when combined with other healing classes. Now if only they gave us back cleanse and lay on hands T-T

Users who are viewing this thread