US Need help with my new twink

It's important to understand how rogues are in battlegrounds. You won't be a damage monster, and you need to pick your fights very carefully in order to be effective. You are a highly objective class that needs to be in the right spot at the right time. Sometimes when playing mid, it's better to keep the healers sap controlled while letting your team do the damage. Other scenarios would be sapping the enemy survival hunter since he poses a great threat to your team.

You are not a damage monster. 1v1's can even be tricky since you rely on procs as Outlaw, which is the only viable spec on a rogue atm tbh. It takes some getting used to when it comes to playing rogue in this patch. The playstyle is very unique, and doesn't necessarily involve a lot of action. It isn't for everyone.

I would recommend you equip your replica lion's fang in main-hand on your rogue, as it scales very well in BG's/Arena. That should get you somewhere at least.

When it comes to gear, you should equip high ilvl white pieces as neck and rings. And as you play, you can start replacing your main armor pieces with ilvl 27 ones from winning random BG's. When it comes to trinkets, the fishing trinket from the competition in Stranglethorn Vale is actually quite easy to get. So after 2 weeks you could have x2 65 ilvl trinkets. You could get 25 ilvl cloak from random dungeons as well. As for your head, you can get ilvl 100 ones from pick pocketing WoD mobs. The best way to do this would to be at Tomb of Lights in Talador, Draenor. The reason is because the mobs are aggro'ed by other NPC's, making them easy to pick pocket. This takes around 10-15 minutes. However, you will aggro the warlock from time to time, but other than that, it's pretty painless and easy to do.

Now, all of this is of course with instanced PvP in mind (BG/Arena). World PvP will be different.

For an example of how a rogue could look without necessarily having to be GF'd:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bestworldxd/advanced

Now, this rogue does have a GF'd item equipped, which is the one trinket. But that shouldn't matter. You should aim for the 65 ilvl fishing trinkets anyways, which is still obtainable.

TL;DR: Rogues aren't damage monsters, play objectively, be smart. That's the current playstyle. Don't mongo, it won't work. For gear, look at this armory (replace trinkets with x2 fishing ones from STV) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bestworldxd/advanced

For a decent understanding of rogue, feel free to tune in to my stream. I play rogue quite often. Could also watch a VoD. Should give you a general idea of how rogue is currently performing in BG's. The link to my stream can be found in my description below.

Last edited:
@Bestworld U know if http://www.wowhead.com/item=143898 is any good for anything? how big is the difference between the replica and SF for an axample?

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know for a fact that it's better. I even tested it against the brushwood blade, which has a 3.0 second swing speed as opposed to movie relic weapons 2.80. The movie relics comes out ahead. It's about a 2-4 damage difference between brushwood and movie relic, and a lot more between heirloom sword and movie relic weapon. I'd put shadowfang in about the same range as heirloom sword.

I can't imagine the dagger you linked being better than Jagged Wing Slasher, which is the slowest dagger around. It could make for a good offhand though. But the specs that require daggers are terrible either way.

thanks for reply, @Bestworld

Ive done the Quest for Jagged Wing Slasher some years ago, and therefore its gone.. I was thinking if Talon + Winter veil would be bis for me then? If i decided to try Sub that is ;)

I have no idea if the winter veil dagger would be 2nd bis. It could be. Would have to run tests. There are other daggers that are almost nearly as slow as the Jagged Wing Dagger. Like Ranger's Notched Dirk. I think that's Blood Elf only though, if I remember correctly.

It's important to understand how rogues are in battlegrounds. You won't be a damage monster, and you need to pick your fights very carefully in order to be effective. You are a highly objective class that needs to be in the right spot at the right time. Sometimes when playing mid, it's better to keep the healers sap controlled while letting your team do the damage. Other scenarios would be sapping the enemy survival hunter since he poses a great threat to your team.

You are not a damage monster. 1v1's can even be tricky since you rely on procs as Outlaw, which is the only viable spec on a rogue atm tbh. It takes some getting used to when it comes to playing rogue in this patch. The playstyle is very unique, and doesn't necessarily involve a lot of action. It isn't for everyone.

I would recommend you equip your replica lion's fang in main-hand on your rogue, as it scales very well in BG's/Arena. That should get you somewhere at least.

When it comes to gear, you should equip high ilvl white pieces as neck and rings. And as you play, you can start replacing your main armor pieces with ilvl 27 ones from winning random BG's. When it comes to trinkets, the fishing trinket from the competition in Stranglethorn Vale is actually quite easy to get. So after 2 weeks you could have x2 65 ilvl trinkets. You could get 25 ilvl cloak from random dungeons as well. As for your head, you can get ilvl 100 ones from pick pocketing WoD mobs. The best way to do this would to be at Tomb of Lights in Talador, Draenor. The reason is because the mobs are aggro'ed by other NPC's, making them easy to pick pocket. This takes around 10-15 minutes. However, you will aggro the warlock from time to time, but other than that, it's pretty painless and easy to do.

Now, all of this is of course with instanced PvP in mind (BG/Arena). World PvP will be different.

For an example of how a rogue could look without necessarily having to be GF'd:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bestworldxd/advanced

Now, this rogue does have a GF'd item equipped, which is the one trinket. But that shouldn't matter. You should aim for the 65 ilvl fishing trinkets anyways, which is still obtainable.

TL;DR: Rogues aren't damage monsters, play objectively, be smart. That's the current playstyle. Don't mongo, it won't work. For gear, look at this armory (replace trinkets with x2 fishing ones from STV) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bestworldxd/advanced

For a decent understanding of rogue, feel free to tune in to my stream. I play rogue quite often. Could also watch a VoD. Should give you a general idea of how rogue is currently performing in BG's. The link to my stream can be found in my description below.
Now that you said it that way. I guess you can say I play a more support kind of role. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread