Need bis rogue (sub)

Don't have a rogue; but if I were you, I would explore old raid tier sets on wowhead for set bonuses I found interesting.

Seems like so bits is what you have access to.

Heirloom weapons or crafted ones instead.
Then 3x crafted warlord items.

Sounds like you can then fill out with dungeon items.

Personally for me the appeal has been using upscaled items from previous expansions that are near and dear to my heart. Or glaives etc..

But a solid set bonus set up could outweigh some best in slots (whole is greater than the sum of its parts).

I am prob going to do my rogue later this year so might look at it tonight and see what's up.

I can imagine the warlords crafted should be trinket/weapon/major armor piece

This is what I would go for atm:

Level 99 Night Elf Rogue (Shadowmeld + Stealth Speed rocks)
670 Mainhand
670 Offhand
680 Alchemy Trinket
620 Alchemy Trinket
640 "Legendary" Ring 1
all other Slots 615 Garrison Dungeon Rewards, except you are lucky and have the right "upgrade procs" from loot. Like this one Beastrider Belt - Item - World of Warcraft
I don't think that there is a set bonus which will be so strong, that it will compensate more than 25 item level on 2 / 4 items.

5% increased damage + a meta socket seems decent enough for me. Prideful Gladiator's Vestments - Item Set - World of Warcraft
But it isn't :) ... my answer above yours is wrong, too. My twink rogue finally hit 99 yesterday. Did some simulationcraft before and after hitting 99. For my current gear, those are the stat weights (and the reason, why i'm not wearing the warlords crafted daggers, eventhough i have them.):

Assassination (Item-Level 620):
______________Agi__Wdps__AP__Mastery__Crit__Mult__Vers__Haste__WOHdps_
Scale Factors___4.70__4.30__4.25__1.80___1.75__1.71__1.58___1.46___1.31_

Ranking: Agi > Wdps ~= AP > Mastery > Crit > Mult > Vers > Haste > WOHdps

Subtlety (Item-Level 620)
______________Wdps__Agi__AP__Mult__Mastery__Crit__Vers__Haste__WOHdps_
Scale Factors____5.15__5.12_4.04_2.36__1.85____1.74__1.70__1.58____1.18_

Ranking: Wdps ~= Agi > AP > Mult > Mastery > Crit ~= Vers > Haste > WOHdps

!!! Keep in mind that those are pve weights, multistrike and crit is worse in pvp because of their reduced effects. (Crit only inc. dmg bei 150%, not 200% and multistrike only procs once not twice.)

The only things which should be used are "tools", set-bonus for a 30sec vanish or evasion and stuff like that. You will lose dps ofc but you can do something others can't. So it's not wrong to use some old stuff funwise but if you are going to maximize the efficiency than you have to go with 600+ on every slot. Agility scales just to good to be left out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread