General Makeshift Dalaran Hearthstone Under lvl 98

ohti

Hey all. I don't know how many people already know about this but I haven't seen anyone bring it up so here I am. Getting a new Dalaran hearthstone requires at least lvl 98, and serves as a second hearthstone, but recently I've been mimicking the effect on my 20 (will work on any lvl chars.)

Firstly however, you're going to need to get to new dal yourself at least once, whether it be a mage port or summon or whatever.

Once you get to new Dalaran head down to the sewers, be sure to hire a bodyguard from the npc to avoid being ganked, although if people are summoning mobs you will probably still get killed so this could be frustrating
WoWScrnShot_042818_024821.jpg

First step, head over to the black market auction house room, from here fish out of the yellow / red pools until you fish up an Emblem of Margoss. This item will serve as the 2nd hearthstone, so use it as such. (This could be a good source of sightless eyes too if that's what you want.)

On use, you will be taken to this exact location:
WoWScrnShot_042818_030532.jpg

Here you can fish for rep n stuff or you can talk to the NPC, which gives you the option to teleport you back up to new dal:
WoWScrnShot_042818_030542.jpg

Once you choose to be taken back to Dalaran you are teleported to the exact same spot as if you used the Dalaran hearthstone.
WoWScrnShot_042818_030554.jpg

I have been using this because I have my original hearth set in Booty Bay for the fishing contest so this has been nothing but efficient for me, I don't know how many ppl this will help but I'll be able to show friends this so I don't have to explain it all again. Let me know if this helps you so I know this wasn't all for nothing D:

HOWEVER: There is one downside to this. The emblem is consumable, so in order to retain the hearthstone like mechanic you will need to fish up another emblem before you leave Dalaran or you wont be able to return using this strategy. Keep this in mind.
[doublepost=1524941365,1524899880][/doublepost]As I was tired last night I forgot to add an obvious point but you'll need legion to do this which is something I myself didn't even consider until it happened to a friend lmao

Does this mean someone that is a starter account with legion could possibly farm the sightless eyes for the rat mount?
They would need Legion to even get to new dal
but yeah I don't see why they wouldn't be able to but the grind would be painful

I thought this was badass until you said the rune was consumed on use. RIP. I guess I have no real reason to have a non Dal hearthstone

as of bfa prepatch, f2ps can use this short guide to their advantage as they can access legion now

have fun f2ps!

Users who are viewing this thread