Low Level Problems + Solutions

Instead implicate new badges. The badges are BOA. They give a 5% boost to XP gain for each one you have. You can have up to 4 badges. Each badge has an item type. (Cloth, leather, mail, plate). If you wear plate but use a cloth you gain 2.5% per badge. I just came up with this. Can be changed.

Or maybe even be able to enchant the "2.5% Experiance gain", stacks with other enchants aswell.

Ehawther said:
I want to respond to these points from a PvP perspective. PvE situations like questing and dungeons are better than they have ever been for lower level characters. You could get really specific on some issues, but in general things are good for PvE.

Big Problems:

1.) BOA

These items are obtainable by all characters - regardless of having a main or not. Are you going to level through PvP or make a twink? Then you will be getting honor. Save up and buy some BoA's. You don't even have to "work hard" to get them, just play the game you like so much and you will get rewarded.

Caster weapons are currently conferring a stronger stat advantage then they should and their SP needs to be reduced. However, you can still get great gear that should be on par with BoA's through quests and dungeon loot. Some item changes could be made to offer a few more options for low level characters, and I would support this to see some different gearing options out there for different characters.

But taking away BoA's is not the solution you are thinking it's going to be. It will change things, but it wont fix people getting rolled in BGs. Because newer players are still going to get rolled by experienced players with the best blue gear, and certain classes are going to continue to dominate unless class-based and ability-based changes are made.

Of course all the other ability's need to be equal thats common sense.

2.) Damage is too high. Heals are too low

Burst is quite high right now. Heals are a mixed bag. Changes that address how burst abilities like Ambush scale would be useful if they are done right. Taking away Ambush from Rogues is not going to fix things, but work could be done to lower damage in some spots.

Shaman heals at 19 need some love. Pally and Priest heals at 19 dominate things. Druids seem to be okay. All of this leads into addressing class and ability changes that Blizzard should address at lower levels.

Druid needs better healing too. Unless you've played a 19 resto druid after we lost healing touch you have no clue how bad we are now.

3.) Resistance and Resilience scale too good

Meh. As a character, you aren't just being given resilience or resistance for free. You have to gear for it. And that is a valid choice, because you give up other stats in that exchange. Scaling could be addressed to balance things out, but it is not a game breaking issue right now.

Tell a frost mage that when he has 40% damage reduction when targeting a dwarf.

4.) Talents (Learned for some classes too early, others too late.)

This is were a real evaluation should happen. By the end of the major PvP bracket breaks (19, 29, etc.) all classes should be relatively equal. If healers get a "big" heal in a certain bracket, then all healers should receive this same kind of benefit. Evaluating the balance (more correctly imbalance in the current game) between classes would go a long way to fixing some of the things wrong with low level PvP.

5.) XP gains with Rest + BOA + RaF are too high

PvE issue. Not sure why this is a "big problem." If you want to level up, do it. If you don't, turn xp off. Either way you can complete the zones you are questing in and enjoy the fact that your character is developing. You can get all the lore you want.

Its a big issue because people are leveling too soon when they have no clue how to play their class. Also, yes, this is PVE i didnt post this thread directly about PVP which i stated in original post.

Little Problems

1.) Blizzard is trying to make us 85 too quick

Same as above. Turn xp off if you don't want to level up so quickly.

2.) Out Zoning gathering skills

You want to be able to level your professions to a very high skill level because you are maxed after a few levels in a zone? Sorry, again, I don't think this is a problem at all. Use your gathering skills to make money. Just because a herb or mine is grey doesn't mean it's worthless.

Its annoying and an easy fix. Just change the skill requirement for each node/plant/skin.

3.) Everyone looks identical now due to ugly BOA

Aesthetics are not a good basis to evaluate game design. You think BoA's are ugly. I think BoA's look sweet. Sorry, but this is a bad argument.

BOA yes it looks cool but not when around anyone else. Would you wear the same shirt to school as almost everyone else? no youd be laughed at.

4.) We need glyphs

You get them. At 25, 50, and 75. Level up if they are that important to you. And if you want them in 19's then how does that help lower damage in a bracket that is already filled with a lot of burst damage by your own definition?

Im a 19 twink... im saying 19's need em.

5.) PvP trinket CD's are too long.

2 Mins would be nice. But it's not necessary. You have to make a smart choice for when your PvP trinket should be used.

5 is too long. Of course its not necessary. Nothing s necessary its a video game.

I'm here to provide an interesting opinion on your "problems"

Big Problems.

1.) BOA

Whats wrong with these exactly? They provide an unfair advantage over another that doesn't have them? Everyone has an equal opprotunity to level a character to 85, obtain justice points / enough honor to purchase heirlooms. Why should we aid the lazy that don't want to level a character to 85, that don't have the patience to level a character to 85, or have the time to level a character to 85. Heirlooms are there to help people level up, if someone out gears you then they have a right to rape you in bg.

2.) Damage is too high. Heals are too low.

Get bigger health pools, carry around healing potions and bandages, learn to crutch on the huts that have a perk in them.

3.) Resistance and Resilience scale too good

Set it back to how it was originally then

4.) Talents (Learned for some classes too early, others too late.)

Make due with what you have and have access too. There are consumables out there that are not BoP that can give you a giant advantage over another person.

5.) XP gains with Rest + BOA + RaF are too high

I don't see how this is a problem for low levels...

Little Problems

1.) Blizzard is trying to make us 85 too quick

I don't see that happening.

2.) Out Zoning gathering skills

Alright, so you want to mine and skin in places like STV without drawing aggro to mobs? Yea, how about we cap gathering professions at 150 that way twinks and people that are not of level don't have to go committing suicide in or have to hire a 85 to help them cap at 225.

3.) Everyone looks identical now due to ugly BOA

You have the option to not wear them. There are other drops, other items that you can obtain from quests that you can use in place of heirlooms.

4.) We need glyphs

No you don't. Like you said before, some people get talents to early and others to late. 19 twinks don't get them because they aren't high enough of a level.

5.) PvP trinket CD's are too long.

PVP Trinket i.e - Insignia is to long? Fine, lets have the CD of Every Man For Himself and Insignia the same time. Ontop of that, lets remove the shared CD between EMfH and WoTF

emetophilia said:
The final statement about reducing the CD on PvP trinket. Huh? I mean Humans are really good due to their 2-min trinket. But thats one of their benefits for being human, every race got their perks and disadvantages. If blizzard recued all pvp trinkets to 2-min it would take away the purpose of choosing Human. And what would they do with the human racial? Would they recude it to 1 min? Or make a completely new racial? I say keep the trinkets as they are. Knowing when to use your 5-min trinket is just another skill we need to master.

This is incorrect, the purpose of EMFH was to give humans a free trinket slot in PvP, not to give them a shorter insignia CD. 5 min CD dates back to vanilla where there was SIGNIFICANTLY less CC than there is now. Couple with that the fact that 19s lost defensive dispells and gained a lot more CC (6 sec hammer of skill anyone?). 2 min insignia is something that I would like to see more than anything else.

justgotagm said:
Tell a frost mage that when he has 40% damage reduction when targeting a dwarf.

Or a warlock on targeting an Undead, or an Arcane mage on a Gnome, etc. I have played Frost as a Mage and I don't feel that my experience or utility is currently broken with resistances the way they are. Having natural resistances is a perk of being that race. Should we do away with racials now just to make everything fair? Imbalance is different than having a measurable advantage that is within reasonable limits. A twink using additional gear to stack resistance is a completely valid choice. If these dwarfs you are talking about stack a ton of frost resistance then they will probably make a lot of Frost Mages to say "shit," but they will have lower health pools and lower damage in exchange for that benefit. It's a fair trade in my eyes. If you disagree that's fine, and maybe the scaling of resistances should be adjusted, but I have yet to see this issue be game breaking.

justgotagm said:
Its a big issue because people are leveling too soon when they have no clue how to play their class. Also, yes, this is PVE i didnt post this thread directly about PVP which i stated in original post.

Indeed you did state this point, and I simply responded on PvP specific issues. I believe PvE in its current state is the best that it has been for low level players in the history of this game. I have played since Vanilla and that is my opinion based on my experience of leveling characters. If you disagree, again that is fine, but there are steps you can take in-game to adjust your leveling experience so you can hit all the dungeons and quests you wish.

justgotagm said:
(regarding glyphs) Im a 19 twink... im saying 19's need em.

I'm also a 19 twink. I have played with and without glyphs. I have played most classes and specs at this level and I can confidently say that while having access to a minor, major, or prime glyph would be nice, it is not "needed." Perhaps there are some functions that glyphs provide that should be built into abilities or adjustments that need to be made in terms of the level that abilities become available, but overall I would say this statement is incorrect. In fact, giving 19's glyphs would likely be counter-productive to most of the points that have been made regarding lowering damage since glyphs tend to provide the ability to do more damage through increased crit and reduced cooldowns.

justgotagm said:
5 is too long. Of course its not necessary. Nothing s necessary its a video game.

So by that logic this whole thread is moot then, because it’s all just a videogame? I would argue some of these changes are needed and necessary within the rules of this videogame to make it fair to the players who enjoy it, and I am willing to state that based on experience, examples I provide, and my own evaluation of the current state of WoW. Sorry, but statements like that are simply a deflection. If you really feel a 5 minute cooldown is too long, then be ready to say why so we can add something to this discussion. I acknowledge that there is more cc then before, and so maybe the time should be adjusted based on that fact alone, but I feel like smart use of the current PvP trinkets is a great part of twink Battlegrounds. You have to ask yourself "is this worth it?" before pushing a button.

Ehawther said:
Meh. As a character, you aren't just being given resilience or resistance for free. You have to gear for it. And that is a valid choice, because you give up other stats in that exchange. Scaling could be addressed to balance things out, but it is not a game breaking issue right now.

Ehawther said:
Or a warlock on targeting an Undead, or an Arcane mage on a Gnome, etc. I have played Frost as a Mage and I don't feel that my experience or utility is currently broken with resistances the way they are. Having natural resistances is a perk of being that race. Should we do away with racials now just to make everything fair? Imbalance is different than having a measurable advantage that is within reasonable limits. A twink using additional gear to stack resistance is a completely valid choice. If these dwarfs you are talking about stack a ton of frost resistance then they will probably make a lot of Frost Mages to say "shit," but they will have lower health pools and lower damage in exchange for that benefit. It's a fair trade in my eyes. If you disagree that's fine, and maybe the scaling of resistances should be adjusted, but I have yet to see this issue be game breaking.

An interesting take on resistance. My biggest issue with resistance is that it is completely uncounterable due to a dearth of spell penetration in the bracket. I am happy, to an extent, with said dwarf being able to sacrifice his other stats for frost resistance if he wants to make that choice, but likewise the frostmage should be able to counter that by sacrificing his stats for spell penetration. At the moment he cannot and this is very much part of the problem.

You also said that players "dont get it for free". I would dispute this. Most races get a racial that gives 20-27% spell resistance to one or more schools, this is free. It's also often not a sacrifice in other racials either since, for instance, a worgen is often a favoured class due to Darkflight but he also has the strongest resistance racial. Similarly, cloak enchants are pretty poor in this bracket and if you are not an agility user then you have to give up very little indeed for a resistance cloak enchant. This means that getting more resistance is not a significant sacrifice at all.

Lastly, the sheer amount of resistance available is simply too high. As i said, making a decision to be more resistant is all well and good, but 40% is simply too high. If the dwarf made a decision to wear frost resistance then, imo, it should give him an edge on the frost mage, not a hard counter. Having a 40% fail rate on binary spells is a massive disadvantage for the mage.

I'm also a 19 twink. I have played with and without glyphs. I have played most classes and specs at this level and I can confidently say that while having access to a minor, major, or prime glyph would be nice, it is not "needed." Perhaps there are some functions that glyphs provide that should be built into abilities or adjustments that need to be made in terms of the level that abilities become available, but overall I would say this statement is incorrect. In fact, giving 19's glyphs would likely be counter-productive to most of the points that have been made regarding lowering damage since glyphs tend to provide the ability to do more damage through increased crit and reduced cooldowns.

I would agree that glyphs are not the highest priority for twinks at the moment, but they would undoubtably help the bracket I feel. As i think I have previously said, I feel that major and minor glyphs would improve the brackets because spells like swiftmend and thunderstorm have a major mechanic change in their glyphs that make them almost mandatory for playing, without which they are at a disadvantage. Prime glyphs do not have a place in the bracket as they would only change the balancing of things, often for the worse.

Despite not being too high a priority, it is very worth mentioning since they could be implemented so very easily and would only benefit the bracket

If you really feel a 5 minute cooldown is too long, then be ready to say why so we can add something to this discussion. I acknowledge that there is more cc then before, and so maybe the time should be adjusted based on that fact alone, but I feel like smart use of the current PvP trinkets is a great part of twink Battlegrounds. You have to ask yourself "is this worth it?" before pushing a button.

I feel that 2 minute trinkets are needed in twink battlegrounds because due to a lack of defensive dispells and an increase in crowd control in classes like the frostmage and the hunter. Other classes, often melee, are struggling. I am all in favour of keeping a high skill cap, but there is a big difference between a class having a high skill requirement and a class being underpowered. Lowering the cooldown of trinkets would benefit the least powered classes most and would go someway to helping balance the bracket.

In regards to human racials, the racial was designed to give a free trinket slot, not to give a huge mobility buff. If you compare the current form of EMFH (in a twink BG with 5min trinks) to other mobility racials such as wotf or escape artist you can see that humans have a very significant advantage in their extra trinket slot and debatably better CC dispel mechanics. I would feel no regrets if this change were made since it would help balance racials somewhat in my view.

Kore stated everything I'm feeling.

Like I said in the original post. All of these would be nice. Some of them were under LITTLE problems because I dont care about them, I just think they would slightly help. The big problems are the ones I tihnk need to be fxed.

You guys are all answering form a 19 twink perspective. I typed this from a low level (5-30) character. Therefore BLIZZ will listen. Make sure you're arguments regard all low levels or else i would have named this thread "19 Twink Issues". Are any of you catching on?

All of low levels in a bad state > all twinks in a bad state. (In blizz's eyes.)

CIHC you are stupid man honestly.

First off I have the max health possible on my resto druid besides LFH. I have like 2600 after i drink a rumsey if i rememberer correct. Where the hell do you suggest I magically gain more health? You're insulting me, I obviously have potions and bandages, and I do use the huts. That doesnt stop a hunter/mage/pally/rogue form killing me in under 5 seconds unless I use everything I can to stay alive.

You act like there are so many better options besides BOA quit kidding yourself. No robe + mace + shoulders can come close the the boa ones. Honestly you must have tried to prove me wrong for fun.

A new character to the game who just levels to 10 goes and plays a level 14 BOA hunter and literally gets killed with one shot. How do you think that level 10 feels?? Is he going to keep playing BG's? No.

If you have full BOA you are 90% done twinking in XP ON. Blizzard screwed themselves when they made the stats so good. Because if twinks = boa geared players then why are twinks separated? What I did before I stopped playing, was i leveled a toon to 10 in 43 minutes. In full BOA i spent 100g on greens + enchants and I RAPPED xp ON BG's. I farmed like 800 honor by the time I hit 19. The point is now everything is sooooooooo easy to get there is no separation between real twinks and BOA heroes.

You act like theres all these great blues floating around. Theres not.

I think one of the best fixes would be to include more solid terrain obstacles in WSG. Replacing AB with BFG as the 2nd low level battleground would also impove things.

It helps the non-ranged classes without actually touching any class directly.

CIHC said:
1.) BOA

Whats wrong with these exactly? They provide an unfair advantage over another that doesn't have them? Everyone has an equal opprotunity to level a character to 85, obtain justice points / enough honor to purchase heirlooms. Why should we aid the lazy that don't want to level a character to 85, that don't have the patience to level a character to 85, or have the time to level a character to 85. Heirlooms are there to help people level up, if someone out gears you then they have a right to rape you in bg.

Always funny when Twinks basically say ''shut up and level'', playing into Blizzard's ''end-game is all'' leash.

If people liked farming points on their end-cap toon, they'd play their end-cap toons instead.

And of course for newcomers, Realm-rerollers and non-Cata holders things get even more difficult.

Tinkerton said:
Always funny when Twinks basically say ''shut up and level'', playing into Blizzard's ''end-game is all'' leash.

If people liked farming points on their end-cap toon, they'd play their end-cap toons instead.

And of course for newcomers, Realm-rerollers and non-Cata holders things get even more difficult.

You pay 15 bucks a freaking month but can't afford 30 bucks to upgrade? Realm-reroll? Sorry, but there's several option, bring BoA with you, Bring Main with you, level, RaF, DK, Hell man, there's no reason to not have BoA. If you don't have them, don't cry because you don't have them and they give an unfair advantage. I mean, YOU CAN, get them, There's simply no reason why you can't get them. Hell, I leveled my main to 80 to get them (Rolled a DK in Wotlk, on a REROLLED server) just to get them. I leveled my main to 85 just for Guild BoA and other BoA. I hate leveling, I'm not even into end-game at all, my main got to 85 on december 8th and still in blue gear from quest. I didn't play it has under 3 days played at level 85. Screw that, I'm into twinking, I want BiS, I get BiS. Like I always said, most of us would spend hundred of hours killing the same mobs if it gave us point and that we could buy a BiS piece from it. HUNDREDS OF HOURS. People wants BiS and they work for BiS. If you're not into leveling and are too lazy to level or work for BoA, than SCREW BOA AND BIS GEAR, but don't call me X or X because I use them.

Kore nametooshort said:
You also said that players "dont get it for free". I would dispute this. Most races get a racial that gives 20-27% spell resistance to one or more schools, this is free. It's also often not a sacrifice in other racials either since, for instance, a worgen is often a favoured class due to Darkflight but he also has the strongest resistance racial...

Lastly, the sheer amount of resistance available is simply too high. As i said, making a decision to be more resistant is all well and good, but 40% is simply too high...

I can respect this position to a certain extent. As I have said maybe the values or scaling of resistances should be addressed, but looking at this practically I still think we are very far from dealing with a game breaking issue. However, you are making a choice, and in doing so incurring a cost, by selecting a race with a "free" racial resistance. The cost is that you don't get the benefits that other races have over you. Blood Elves and Worgen come to mind as racial "winners" with a strong skill set, but a case can be made for almost every other race having a role or circumstance where they really shine. The state of low level classes and specs is too complex to declare any race a true best choice for all combinations of race/class/spec in all situations. (*Special note: On the other hand I think that Tauren could be addressed for their lack of useful racials. NR resist and +herbalism are fine, but a 0.5 casted AoE stun that can be pushed back/avoided and only lasts 1.5 seconds as well as a base percentage health buff that is a shadow of what it once was all seems so underwhelming to me. But I digress.)

Continuing with this extremely dangerous Dwarf as our prime subject - based on the fact that there is a total of 1 class that can actually deal frost damage in 19's (Mages) and the fact that they still have polymorph, two other schools of magic to use, and a ~60% chance to successfully cast a frost based spell on this menacing dwarf in question leads me to make this claim: one of the 9 other players on your team can CC/slow this dwarf, while you (the mage) cast fire or arcane spells and if all else fails then pull out your wand.

Suddenly if you consider that this is a team game, then it isn't so "broken" anymore. Sure our Dwarf is going to make Frost Mages say shit, but how many are going to be on a team? And you can't say "what about 1v1 and duels" because some race/class/spec combination is always going to be dominant for core reasons in a specific scenario. This is a game of groups and teams, so the same logic can be applied to Worgen about curses, Undead about shadow damage, and Blood Elves about all magic except Holy. No race or class is so resistant to all forms of damage that they are too powerful against a well developed team. Last time I checked no one is fielding a team of 10 Frost Mages (though it might be kinda cool!) or are fighting bosses that only do Shadow damage in low level content. So, I really don't think this topic is as big of an issue as it has been portrayed by previous posts in this thread.

Kore nametooshort said:
I would agree that glyphs are not the highest priority for twinks at the moment, but they would undoubtably help the bracket I feel.

Would having glyphs be fun? Yes. But in a world where Blizzard seems (in my experience) to base their amendments of game and class design on some form of class deficiency instead of reasons like "Having glyphs would be fun for everyone!" I think that a stronger case can be made for a more serious look at class and ability based changes at lower levels as you have outlined (extensively) in your previous overview post. Fix the broken abilities and/or classes that are in need of something specific. This is why glyphs should not be pursued at our level.

Kore nametooshort said:
I feel that 2 minute trinkets are needed in twink battlegrounds because due to a lack of defensive dispells and an increase in crowd control in classes like the frostmage and the hunter. Other classes, often melee, are struggling.

CC is powerful, and it always will be when it is used to focus certain targets. A 2 minute cooldown on our trinket would be really helpful in dealing with the changes that have been made over time that have added more stuns/slows/snares to this bracket and other low levels of play. I personally don't see it as necessary with the provision that certain classes and abilities need to be adjusted. Should this happen, so that if a class is going to have high amounts of control it should not also be a dps power house, then we may face a different situation regarding how often we have to dispel a slow/stun/snare with a PvP trinket.

i think Kore said this in his post but, BoA gear should be attractive for the xp gain, not the stats, then it would not be OP in bgs, just for leveling.

bankbeauty said:
Some blues should be improve to be equal to BoA, that way people without BoA = Happy, Those with BoA = Happy, but no longer have ''unfair'' advantage.

Thisssssssssssssss

Well, I wouldn't be interesting in BoA just for exp if didn't have good stats. I mean it wouldn't make any sense, if you leveled with BoA and the WHOLE time, at every level these weren't equal to what you can get in instance or quest..

Ehawther said:
I can respect this position to a certain extent. As I have said maybe the values or scaling of resistances should be addressed, but looking at this practically I still think we are very far from dealing with a game breaking issue. However, you are making a choice, and in doing so incurring a cost, by selecting a race with a "free" racial resistance. The cost is that you don't get the benefits that other races have over you. Blood Elves and Worgen come to mind as racial "winners" with a strong skill set, but a case can be made for almost every other race having a role or circumstance where they really shine. The state of low level classes and specs is too complex to declare any race a true best choice for all combinations of race/class/spec in all situations. (*Special note: On the other hand I think that Tauren could be addressed for their lack of useful racials. NR resist and +herbalism are fine, but a 0.5 casted AoE stun that can be pushed back/avoided and only lasts 1.5 seconds as well as a base percentage health buff that is a shadow of what it once was all seems so underwhelming to me. But I digress.)

I feel that we agree over the basics, but disagree over the scale. As you said, over a 10 man team 40% resistance may not seem so high, but a frost mage is almost mandatory on a defense in WSG. On a wsg D there are usually only about 4 players and often only one of them, the mage, is charged with slowing enemies. Give his targets uncounterable frost resistance and he will struggle. If he could gear for more spell pen I wouldn't be complaining about this specific point. In regards to racials being a sacrifice, I would despute that they are at all, but even if they are I do not feel that they are meaningful enough sacrifices to need the player to have to consider it at all. If the choice was 20% nature and shadow resistance + 10 haste rating every 2 mins Vs Goblin Jump then It would be less bad, but races like belfs and worgen have the best of both worlds. Also, Blizzard have stated that they want to do away with hard counters, 40% FR is a hard counter to a mage.

Anyway, we're getting into a quite situational debate here so I'm just going to say that the fact that it is uncounterable, so easy to aquire and that you can get it in such large amounts makes it a problem. Whether you consider it game breaking or I would still maintain that it is a big problem and definately needs attention should blizzard try and fix lower brackets, especially considering the ease with which it could be fixed.

Would having glyphs be fun? Yes. But in a world where Blizzard seems (in my experience) to base their amendments of game and class design on some form of class deficiency instead of reasons like "Having glyphs would be fun for everyone!" I think that a stronger case can be made for a more serious look at class and ability based changes at lower levels as you have outlined (extensively) in your previous overview post. Fix the broken abilities and/or classes that are in need of something specific. This is why glyphs should not be pursued at our level.

I argue that glyphs are necessary to balance the brackets though. If we look at the elemental shaman we can see that he needs better gap making tools than 2sec cast GW and 45sec CD Thunderstorm. Making and maintaining gaps with those while dealing meaningful damage is not possible, no where near the extent of other classes like the arcane mage or hunter. Glyphs are the best way to fix this problem for elemental shaman. Other ways of fixing shaman would be to make GW instant cast across the board, but this is not appropriate for obvious reasons or you could give shaman Frostshock below level 20. Frost Shock has been argued for and against with quite a lot of vehemence and on the whole I feel that it would be best if it were not brought down to the bracket. This leaves Glyph of Thunder which almost halves the CD of thunderpunt making it into a much more useful tool for making gaps for gaps for the elemental shaman. This, as i said, makes glyphs necessary for class balancing.

Another example is the resto druid. Without glyph of swiftmend he is at a disadvantage when group healing (I will admit now that this isnt as big an issue as thunderpunt, but that doesnt make it any less relevant imo). Without it the druid has to micromanage when and where he applies rejuv, the druid has to wait 3 seconds after consuming a HoT with smend before reapplying rejuv unless he wants to waste a large amount of mana. This often means that either his main panic button, swiftmend, is unusable or much more expensive than it should be due to consuming a rejuv with a large amount of time left on it or requiring a regrowth cast to suppliment it. Druids are behind priests and paladins and this change would go some way to fixing the imbalance between their classes. In this instance glyphs areen't the only fix, but they are the most appropriate fix imo. You could majorly buff regrowth (which needs doing anyway) to make it a larger more efficient heal, but this would spoil the classes integrity and would simply make resto druids play more like a holy paladin which isnt really appealing to me.

CC is powerful, and it always will be when it is used to focus certain targets. A 2 minute cooldown on our trinket would be really helpful in dealing with the changes that have been made over time that have added more stuns/slows/snares to this bracket and other low levels of play. I personally don't see it as necessary with the provision that certain classes and abilities need to be adjusted. Should this happen, so that if a class is going to have high amounts of control it should not also be a dps power house, then we may face a different situation regarding how often we have to dispel a slow/stun/snare with a PvP trinket.

I do understand what you're saying, but when designing my list of solutions I did look at this and decided that it was very much warranted, mostly due to the very evident lack of dispel mechanics in the bracket. Say for a moment you are a warrior or shaman (with appropriate buffs such as intercept) on offense, with a 5 minute trinket you have to save it and are much more scared of wasting it on something that might have been a potential kill. If you look at it from a defensive healers point of view he will be more scared about his FC dying than missing an opportunity. This makes the defences job very much easier which is definately not a good thing (considering my proposed changes) since survivability would go up and burst down taking away attacker advantage. Anywway, I've gone situational again, sorry. My point is that there are very few dispel mechanics; pretty much racials, trinkets, shapeshifting, blink and HoF(again, assuming relevant class buffs), which are often only for a specific type of CC and many needy classes, eg draenie shaman, have to rely on their trinket making the 5 min CD a quite harsh consequence for breaking a CC. Compare this to a gnome or UD mage with trinket, escape artist and trinket and I still don't see a problem with it being OP. I would argue thta lowerring the CD to 2 minutes would raise skill levels and cap since it keeps players on their toes more and requires them to think and perform contingencie plans of dealing with enemies and to anticipate trinketing more.

Anyway, onto my last point. I do not want the bracket to be just adequate. If Blizzard decides to balance lower level brackets I want them to be able to get it as right as they possibly can, this is why i consider problems like resistance, BoAs and glyphs just as relevant as other more gamebreaking issues like hunters when you might not think them as important yourself.

Oh, re:BoAs,

Another problem i have with them is the way they are implemented. To those that need them they are a grind. To those that can get them without the grind they are simply a relatively minor perk. What I mean by this is that players like twinks and habitual rerollers have to go and spend days and days grinding for their heirloom sets so that they can be BiS. To hardcore raiders who simply have too many JP to know what to do with they a just a small bonus in case they ever want to level that hunter alt they've always considered. I'm willing to bet that there are relatively few players would would consider themselves in a similar level of needyness (is that a word?) to twinks and yet have the spare JP to get a full set of BoAs without breaking a sweat. This is not a good system imo. Blizzard state that they do not like grinds, so wth?

Kore nametooshort said:

Another problem i have with them is the way they are implemented. To those that need them they are a grind. To those that can get them without the grind they are simply a relatively minor perk. What I mean by this is that players like twinks and habitual rerollers have to go and spend days and days grinding for their heirloom sets so that they can be BiS. To hardcore raiders who simply have too many JP to know what to do with they a just a small bonus in case they ever want to level that hunter alt they've always considered. I'm willing to bet that there are relatively few players would would consider themselves in a similar level of needyness (is that a word?) to twinks and yet have the spare JP to get a full set of BoAs without breaking a sweat. This is not a good system imo. Blizzard state that they do not like grinds, so wth?

You aren't forced to get them. You aren't forced to twink, neither to get BiS. No one force you to get BoA. If you want them, whatever the way you play, you get them, that means, if you're a PvEer and have all your gear, then feel free to buy them, if instead you aren't PvEing, but WANT them, work in dungeon and get them.

You guys clearly don't understand the whole point. To most of the players I knew that were leveling fiend or PvEer, they NEVER had any problem with BoA. Sure that if you want EVERY single BoA in game, Be up-to-date in gear, play your twink atleast several hours a week, PvE, Arenas 2s, 3s, duel, merchant, farm gold, you won't have enough time. That said, I have all PvE BoA and half of PvP BoA. I'm not into PvE neither PvP end-game. I'm playing my twink, if I'm starting a new one and need X BoA, I log my main and farm heroics, buy the X BoA and enjoy. After a few, I ended up with all these BoA.

BoA are supposed to be a reward for those with extra currencies. There was a time where, once you had the gear from the currencies, there was nothing to do with them, not anymore! If you get BoA because you need them for twinking or whatever reason and feel like you're grinding them, it's because you aren't getting them the way it was supposed to be grinded. If you wasted all you're Valor points to get JP and bought BoA with them, are you gonna complains that you don't have any Valor pts? No. In Wotlk, I changed most of my Higher Badge to the Heroism one to buy every BoA I need, sure I didn't have the gear that I should have by that time, but I had my BoA, I can't complains either!

EDIT:

I'd also like to say that you don't NEED them. There's no way in the game where BoA are NEEDED. BoAs were implented to help people to level faster, WHICH YOU AREN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE TWINKING. You don't need BoA to level, you don't need BoA to PvP, you don't need BoA to quest, you don't need BoA to do instance, you don't need BoA to farm, you don't NEED BoA. If you're twinking and you feel the NEED of BoA, then it's your fault and if you need something, you'll have to GRIND for it. You can't blame Blizzard for NEEDING something that shouldn't be NEEDED!

bankbeauty said:
You pay 15 bucks a freaking month but can't afford 30 bucks to upgrade? Realm-reroll? Sorry, but there's several option, bring BoA with you, Bring Main with you, level, RaF, DK, Hell man, there's no reason to not have BoA. If you don't have them, don't cry because you don't have them and they give an unfair advantage. I mean, YOU CAN, get them, There's simply no reason why you can't get them. Hell, I leveled my main to 80 to get them (Rolled a DK in Wotlk, on a REROLLED server) just to get them. I leveled my main to 85 just for Guild BoA and other BoA. I hate leveling, I'm not even into end-game at all, my main got to 85 on december 8th and still in blue gear from quest. I didn't play it has under 3 days played at level 85. Screw that, I'm into twinking, I want BiS, I get BiS. Like I always said, most of us would spend hundred of hours killing the same mobs if it gave us point and that we could buy a BiS piece from it. HUNDREDS OF HOURS. People wants BiS and they work for BiS. If you're not into leveling and are too lazy to level or work for BoA, than SCREW BOA AND BIS GEAR, but don't call me X or X because I use them.

Temper, temper.

I merely stated that by buying into BoA you are buying into Blizzard's scheme to get to end-cap of the latest expansion and do the daily chores

Blizzard has set out to do for you at that level.

If one is fine with that, fine, if one holds a different philosophy - eg the content before end-cap is more fun, which, in my case, would be the Vanilla content (and before you go off: both my accounts are WotLK) - I don't think it's a good idea to force people to do gaming stuff they hate.

You yourself hate levelling and say you not only levelled a toon to 80 for the expressive purpose of getting BoA (I levelled two toons to 80 partially to check the whole ''hur durr Heirlooms are just rewards for Hard Work (tm)'' -crap people kept shovelling) but also gave them even more money for Cata, to get the Guild Heirlooms (quicker) by doing even more stuff you say you hate.

All because BoA are BiS (that you contradict yourself in this regard in other posts by implying BoA are not more powerful than other gear is something I'll let rest).

Now, tell me when I'm wrong, but in case BoA wouldn't have been BiS/be just a flat-XP accelerator/otherwise more balanced, you wouldn't have to have gone through all this stuff you say you hate.

So why so adamant that people should go through stuff they hate, and not try to change it instead?

Heck, because there wasn't even any XP-On AV going on in my Battlegroup, I got one of those toons to 80 to grind Stonekeeper shards so I could fill my twinks and other toons' banks with 60's PvP gear (8 or so toons in all)- and then, after I had gotten all the stuff I wanted (almost full sets in some cases), the pre Cata Patch hit, and they would have gotten all that stuff easily with regular play, thanks to the vastly lowered costs, Random BG feature and Cross-realm BG's. But you don't hear me complainting that they made these changes.

Kore nametooshort said:

I agree with tthis (10 character minimum, meh)

Tinkerton said:
Temper, temper.

I merely stated that by buying into BoA you are buying into Blizzard's scheme to get to end-cap of the latest expansion and do the daily chores

Blizzard has set out to do for you at that level.

It's the point of any company, to make money, and so buy every game, if you don't want to fell for that, don't, but don't cry because you're lacking stuff.

If one is fine with that, fine, if one holds a different philosophy - eg the content before end-cap is more fun, which, in my case, would be the Vanilla content (and before you go off: both my accounts are WotLK) - I don't think it's a good idea to force people to do gaming stuff they hate.

THEY ARE NOT FORCING YOU. Seriously, you guys, AHHHH! Where in the world are they forcing you? Where? YOU decided to Twink, which imply on getting every BiS piece and play at lower level. That said, YOU DECIDED that and YOU decide to get OR NOT BoA. I already said this, but again, Blizzard ain't forcing to get BoA, Hell, BoA aren't needed to level, they aren't needed to pvp, to PvE, to do anything in this game, they're a Bonus, not something you NEED, it's something you WANT.

You yourself hate levelling and say you not only levelled a toon to 80 for the expressive purpose of getting BoA (I levelled two toons to 80 partially to check the whole ''hur durr Heirlooms are just rewards for Hard Work (tm)'' -crap people kept shovelling) but also gave them even more money for Cata, to get the Guild Heirlooms (quicker) by doing even more stuff you say you hate.

Exactly, because I MADE the decision, I, ME, I, made that decision, because I decided I wanted to get these pieces. I, I did. I could have just stayed at Wotlk and get Guild rep on a level 80, but I decided I would do something I didn't want (level) just to get the item I WANTED. You can't tell shit about my decision. You guys are arguing on the fact that blizz force you to get them, which is 100% Wrong, and cry for hundreds of reason on why you can't get them, I mean, you decided to only do things you love on this game? Alright do so, but don't cry because you're lacking piece that I have. Hell, a lot of people farm gold, they hate doing it, but they NEED gold, so if we go the way you're saying, blizz should just give us Gold cap, so we only do things that we like, without working.

All because BoA are BiS (that you contradict yourself in this regard in other posts by implying BoA are not more powerful than other gear is something I'll let rest).

I never said something like that, I clearly said, I'd like Blizzard to improve Blue gear to make it equal to BoA.

Now, tell me when I'm wrong, but in case BoA wouldn't have been BiS/be just a flat-XP accelerator/otherwise more balanced, you wouldn't have to have gone through all this stuff you say you hate.

No. You're right, but I made the decision of going through all of that so I could get BiS gear. Blizzard didn't force me or anything, It was simply PERSONAL. Blizzard doesn't force you to twink or get BiS gear, so your point is invalid. If they had same stats plus exp I'd still get them...Just saying (For the look and for the fact that I can use them on several toon)

So why so adamant that people should go through stuff they hate, and not try to change it instead?

Because you aren't forced to do it. If you don't want to do stuff that you hate DON'T. You guys want the easy way, that's it, Nothing more, NOTHING.

Heck, because there wasn't even any XP-On AV going on in my Battlegroup, I got one of those toons to 80 to grind Stonekeeper shards so I could fill my twinks and other toons' banks with 60's PvP gear (8 or so toons in all)- and then, after I had gotten all the stuff I wanted (almost full sets in some cases), the pre Cata Patch hit, and they would have gotten all that stuff easily with regular play, thanks to the vastly lowered costs, Random BG feature and Cross-realm BG's. But you don't hear me complainting that they made these changes.

HAHAHA. When they swapped Emblems to JP, I had enough Emblems to buy 7-8 BoA and when it went live, not enough to buy 2. Was mad, but that's it. Should have buy them before.

Anyway, All you guys want is easy BiS and Gold Cap, you aren't willing to work and when you have to, you hate that and you don't want to do stuff you hate, so you don't do it and blame people that do it and want everything easier. Anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread