EU+US Looting High Level Mobs, How does it work?

Dolfie

Grandfathered
So i've been trying to get some loot from MoP Rares on my lvl 19 twink but even after hitting them i wasnt able to loot them.
Same for many other mobs that were atleast more then 10 level higher then me.
However i was grinding some rep at the furbolgs in north felwood, and i could loot them maybe once every 4 mobs or something..so i checked which level they were and they are 48-49.. so i first thought lvl 19s could loot untill level 48 so thats 29 level higher but basicly cant loot anything 30 levels or higher then you... BUT i found this to be wrong. after this i went to desolace with mobs 30+ ish and found that i also could not loot them.. So im confused right now how looting on lvl 19's works.. and would be nice if somebody could tell me more about it! Thanks! ill also post new findings.

Cant loot skulled mobs i think

I haven't worked it out either. In general most mobs that are 10+ levels higher u won't be able to loot, however like u noted every so often one does drop something. I can't figure it out.

Maybe some items have slipped through the cracks and can be looted by low level toons while in general they are not supposed to be :mad:

cant do it anymore with the change to group loot system. too late to party buddy.

I haven't worked it out either. In general most mobs that are 10+ levels higher u won't be able to loot, however like u noted every so often one does drop something. I can't figure it out.

Maybe some items have slipped through the cracks and can be looted by low level toons while in general they are not supposed to be :mad:
So i'm wasting my time farming the level 110 darkmoon rabbit on my level 70?

So i'm wasting my time farming the level 110 darkmoon rabbit on my level 70?
Not too sure. I was able to loot http://www.wowhead.com/item=105898/moonfangs-paw on my 20. But then on the other hand I wasn't able to loot the rare shark in Booty Bay on Pirates Day? Go figure. Like the OP noted I am not aware of what the go is with looting higher level mobs.
With regards to your query though, unfortunately I've never downed the Darkmoon Rabbit so I am not sure if it can be looted by lower levels. Maybe someone else on these forums has that could comment.

when have you obtained it? ever since fix wolf wasnt lootable.
darkmoon rabbit is not lootable. killed 3 times on 20 in recent months.
I looted it pre-Legion, maybe 4 or 5 months before Legion dropped, so say almost a year ago. There was this group of Horde taking out Moonfang and I tried to get some shots in. Not sure if I even hit him, I may have taken some damage I'm not sure but after he was dropped I was able to loot him and picked up the Paw.

I looted it pre-Legion, maybe 4 or 5 months before Legion dropped, so say almost a year ago. There was this group of Horde taking out Moonfang and I tried to get some shots in. Not sure if I even hit him, I may have taken some damage I'm not sure but after he was dropped I was able to loot him and picked up the Paw.
pretty sure it was before personal loot implementation in such case. hardly would be possible atm.

Alright thx for the info guys, Seems like certain mobs are still being able to be looted, Perhaps its not intended..
However if were talking really high lvls like 90+ , and it can be very hard maybe even impossible to hit them with a 19-29 character.
Ive tried and i found out that by using Heavy Dynamite you have a pretty good chanse even to hit 110 mobs!! Just incase in the future we need something from a high lvl mob!

Alright thx for the info guys, Seems like certain mobs are still being able to be looted, Perhaps its not intended..
However if were talking really high lvls like 90+ , and it can be very hard maybe even impossible to hit them with a 19-29 character.
Ive tried and i found out that by using Heavy Dynamite you have a pretty good chanse even to hit 110 mobs!! Just incase in the future we need something from a high lvl mob!
I did the same and can say for fact that even 98+ CAN be looted, but even then it's hit or miss. I've looted the Demons in Legion's Dalaran and Mobs in the Sewers (min scaled to 98) on my 10's, but it doesn't always work. My guess is it's as simple as too many NPC's in the game and Blizz's algorithm for Personal Loot just didn't effect them all.

Users who are viewing this thread