EU+US Level 1 Race and Class Compendium

Really really nice post, but I've always thought that troll would be the most viable race for lvl 1 horde's cause of haste buff?

Well Blood Elves are viable because of the Arcane Torrent gains mana & interupts casts. The arcane resist is useless as notorious said. Orcs get the SP increase. Goblins get the rocket + rocket boosters

According to the table the best race for horde shamans should be orc, but what do you guys think?
What about a 20% haste buff from trolls?

And isn't belfs passive racial arcane resistance useful against hunters Arcane Shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the table the best race for horde shamans should be orc, but what do you guys think?
What about a 20% haste buff from trolls?

And isn't belfs passive racial arcane resistance useful against hunters Arcane Shot?

I completely forgot about arcane shot, and I'm a hunter. Yes it is then.
The reason I choose troll, though, is their passive regen. If their out of combat regen is high, this may add some survivability.
If ur a troll shaman with 2h +20 haste, you may probably do well in an agi set, but you will be capped in gcd in terms of spamming lightning bolt with 2h and gloves. Even if you don't use the 2h, lifeblood will cap you too. If for whatever reason berserking + 10 haste on gloves + 20 haste on 2h + 35 haste from lifeblood turns lightning bolt into an instant cast, that's a diff story. Though I heard the hard cap was at a .5 sec cast...

Ohh... 10 haste on gloves (if u get em over agi)+20 haste+35 haste from lifeblood+berserking... I think troll warriors and 2h agi shaman will love that.

I just hate that they have no melee dmg spell :/

but whats the cast time on Lightning Bolt at lvl 1? :)

edit: And how does haste actually work? I tried to get 100%+ haste on a shaman, and tbh I actually thought my spells would become instant :p But with 100% haste my spell casting time decreased from 1.5sec to 0.75 sec, so does anyone know how haste works? :)

There is a hard cap afaik we've had level 1s stack haste hard in the past with every buff but not being able to get it to instant. and I TOTALLY forgot about Arcane Shot too. I always think of it as physical damage hehe.

I honestly think orc would be better. LB+20+10 would make you near hardcap but you wouldnt need it but pop that with the SP buff then you hit harder.
Then again you could use Zerker instead of 20 haste on axe and go 22 intel mace + shield with 10 stam 10 spirit. Which would make it crit harder with the effects of 20 haste on axe but you would only have it every 2 minutes. Hope this post helps. Its been a while but I think I did the math right.

@Bond yea and you can pop smeld and bandage at same time for extra healing -nods-

Good luck!

=====
Frost
=====

^^ Level 1 twinks name.

So the combinations there is to choose is Troll -> 22 int (and maybe 16SP?) or Orc -> 20 haste?

This means that my burst with troll will be very good since I will reach hard cap with LB and zerk but only for 10 sec every 2 min, but as orc I will be hard capped even without LB?

Yes but you would lose the SP\Extra Intel if you went orc. I believe the SP bonus is like 8? I dont think its very much, but I could be wrong! Personally I think troll might be better because when you arent using zerker you could switch to 2h axe with SP on bracers/intel 4 stats on chest etc for harder crits. but this is just my opinion.

SORRY FOR DOUBLEPOST!
But I just found something quiet interesting, according to a thread on mmochampion.com ( 100% haste..) 100% haste= 50% casting time reduction, if I am right, correct me if Im not, this means that with this build chardev 9 with 12 haste or 31.2% haste you will reach a 1.5 / 100 * 31.2 = 0.468 / 2 = 0.234 decreased casting time.

Further more, according to chardev, 1 haste = 2.65% haste at lvl 1. This means that when using LB (35 haste or 91% haste) on this build, you will get a 1.5 / 100 * (31.2 + 91) = 1.8375 / 2 = 0.91875 decreased casting time, meaning your Lightning Bolt will take around 0.58 sec to cast while still having 38SP.

If you want more SP you could always switch 10 haste with 16 SP, 9 sta with 7 int or 100hp with 4 stats.
Though switching 10 haste will increase your casting time with 0.195. 10 haste = 26% haste, (1.5 / 100 * 26) / 2 = 0.195. But this will still increase your casting time with LB by 0.91875 - 0.195 = 0.72375sec.

I dont know if all this is correct, but if it is, it seems to me that 22 int wep and shield is the way to go, since the 20 haste wep will decrease your casting time by: (20 haste = 52% haste (+2.6% because I chose the 2h mace wich has 1 haste) So it will be (1.5 / 100 * (54.6 + 31.2)) / 2 = 0.6435, meaning you will be hard capped with 20 haste on gloves, even without LB and zerk.

Sheesh bro good calculations they all sound about right from when I played but I dont exactly want to spend time checking them hehe.

but from this it does seem like you should go 22 intel + shield.

You're a natural already XD

btw ... I chose blood elf cause i have a mangina

Users who are viewing this thread