EU Keeping twinks alive

Lu_woo

Grandfathered
Hi,

Bit of backround: I've been playing wow since TBC but after the end of Lich King I quit and never really come back for certain. I've been returning once every year or so, but the experience was always ever so mild that it didn't keep me from quitting once again..

And then half a month ago, I discovered twinking. I am absolutely captivated by this experience. I have never been a fan of end-game PVP, but this is completely different. I haven't touched my high level characters in 2 weeks. I spent every available minute on my 19 Holy Paladin (not meta, I know) and I want to make even more characters for different brackets and factions on different servers with communities and etc etc...

Stupidly, this is my only char on the realm (Outland, Horde) as I was not thinking about twinking when I was first creating the char, therefore gearing up goldless is a bit of a challenge. Regardless, I was further motivated by discovering this community, but what made me sad was seeing how inactive the EU twinks are in comparison to the US twink community (atleast there are a lot more of US posts offering to play in groups, looking for more players, guilds etc etc). With hopes of denying this, I am looking for people to play with in the 10-19 bracket. It's not going to change the (relatively) long ques for BGs or the fact that this aspect of wow isn't as popular as I'd like it to be. But having a group of dedicated people when queueing is always nice. Now, I am not a hardcore player - I have a full time job, therefore can only play evenings during workdays and more during the weekends. But I'm just hoping to find like-minded people so we can all enjoy this part of wow to the full extent.

Interested in doing BGs together? Want to invite me to a twink guild? Want to give me some tips on gearing/looking for people or something else? I'd love if you left a comment or you'd add me @ LukasDar#2750 .

See you in the Gulch!

Last edited:
roll anything on stormscale eu horde or outland alliance and u should be fine

edit: as far as i know, unless somethings changed the only reason theres so many US topics looking for groups is because its so dead in comparison to EU thats the only way they get decent games

roll anything on stormscale eu horde or outland alliance and u should be fine

edit: as far as i know, unless somethings changed the only reason theres so many US topics looking for groups is because its so dead in comparison to EU thats the only way they get decent games

Thanks for the answer. Well my bad comparing the US and EU twinks. While I'm happy to be in the more crowded region, nothing really changes regarding que times etc so I still stand behind the rest of my post. Peace!

Added you

If you blacklist AB and EOTS you should get much faster qs

^ this. Don't bother queueing for ab and eots unless you want to semi afk and chill

edit: Aggramar horde and alliance, Stormscale horde, Ravencrest ally, outland ally are where you should look for active guilds :)

^ this. Don't bother queueing for ab and eots unless you want to semi afk and chill

edit: Aggramar horde and alliance, Stormscale horde, Ravencrest ally, outland ally are where you should look for active guilds :)

But what about the chests from RBG ? Does drop good gear, atleast fat better than what I have now

But what about the chests from RBG ? Does drop good gear, atleast fat better than what I have now

Like vianco mentioned. Blacklist ab and eots and queue. That way u get ur boxes by winning wsg

If you dont need the boxes and dont want to exclusively play wsg you can also queue specific for wsg + AB/Eots.
Sometimes leads to back to back pops.

why is everyone discovering twinking now that the concept doesnt really exist?
Additionally to my previous post, it's probably also due to the fact that it literally takes 2 hours lvling to 19 and getting bis gear for iPVP

You have the chance that you get a fast pop after you left the previous game because your que was active (but paused) for the other bg.
So instead of queueing for 1 bg randomly you que for 3 bgs simultaneously and have 3 separate ques for games? Smart, thanks. But it will probably take forever till I no longer need boxes

So instead of queueing for 1 bg randomly you que for 3 bgs simultaneously and have 3 separate ques for games? Smart, thanks. But it will probably take forever till I no longer need boxes
Puh no, you can only queue up for 2 specific bgs thats why I said wsg + AB/Eots. That means wsg + X. And the box gear doesnt really matter tbh.

Puh no, you can only queue up for 2 specific bgs thats why I said wsg + AB/Eots. That means wsg + X. And the box gear doesnt really matter tbh.
Yes, mb, I meant 2 instead of 3. Well it does matter if upgrading to ilvl 27 from ilvl 17 globes etc :D

Hey there,

EU has been active for some time now when it comes to people that are actually considering themselves "twinks". What we do lately is try to snipe each other for better games, since stomping levelers can get rather dull in the long run. Some of us experienced twinking when it was at its peak. What I mean by that is that twinking was 10 times more competitive back in WoD because of the separation of levelers and people with locked EXP. This meant that twinks only faced other twinks, making the games a lot more interesting. This is why we now make groups of 5 on each faction and try to snipe each others groups. We also do 10v10 wargames from time to time, which is a lot of fun. (would be better if flag stacks worked as intended though).

It's funny that you got the expression that US seems active in the 19s scene. It has been inactive for quite some time now. I believe the most active bracket on US now is the 20-29 bracket. However, in the past, US has certainly been more active than EU. And whenever a new tournament is hosted, then there is still a high chance for that tournament to be based on US servers. This is simply due to history and the activity US used to have, and that we lack event-makers on EU.

As for servers on EU, we have a few servers that seem active when it comes to twinking. Outland alliance, Ravencrest alliance, Stormscale horde, Aggramar horde/alliance and Draenor horde all seem fairly active at the moment.

I'll be on tonight, and hopefully you'll see some of the "sniping" games I've been mentioning briefly. In any case, you should meet some of the twinks that are actively queuing regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread