EU+US Instanced PvP

Deadstock

Grandfathered
Now I know what your thinking, whats the point in doing battlegrounds because our 101's shine in PvE content only.

But I'm noticing a sizeable difference with my 101 compared to others in BG's due to the amount of traits we can roll with and honestly having a lot of fun in them because of it!

What are other peoples thoughts and experiences regarding battlegrounds, is anyone else feeling the difference in power due to traits or is it just me?

Now I know what your thinking, whats the point in doing battlegrounds because our 101's shine in PvE content only.

But I'm noticing a sizeable difference with my 101 compared to others in BG's due to the amount of traits we can roll with and honestly having a lot of fun in them because of it!

What are other peoples thoughts and experiences regarding battlegrounds, is anyone else feeling the difference in power due to traits or is it just me?

I believe the stamina you get from traits are retained inside of iPvP. Between the gear and the traits I would argue you have a pretty big advantage over non-twinks. 109 twinks will be better then 101s, but in general you should have a decent advantage against.

Health pool is the same.

Not sure whether it's my spec itself being superior at this level but I seem to have no difficulty vs any class (I play MM hunter). Same goes for arenas.

I just feel like skill plays a massive role. Most players in the 100-109 bracket are new players who purchased the level 100 boost, with relatively no skill whatsoever. I mean we're talking about Rogues opening with Blind...

Nonetheless, I love my pvp whether it be instanced or world. Last week I finished my AB rep grind on my 101 hunt :p

These are my thoughts, correct me if I'm wrong.

a) Always wear your armor class or you will lose more stats than you'll gain from a higher avg item level. (On my Demon Hunter wearing 725 head / 800 gloves / 800 belt gave me more everything as havoc and vengeance than switching to 840 cloth head / gloves / belt)
b) Stamina Trait is deactivated.
c) All other artifact traits are active.
d) A 109 has an higher avg item level than a 101 wearing his armor type only.
e) There is one class which is different ... Demon Hunters again. Who knew? ^^ ... because they gain 4 (3 from 102) additional talents.
f) A 109 gains a little bit more artifact power through his class hall.

So if your main focus is ipvp, go 109 and as an extra you perform better vs. 110s in world pvp.

Health pool is the same.

Not sure whether it's my spec itself being superior at this level but I seem to have no difficulty vs any class (I play MM hunter). Same goes for arenas.

I just feel like skill plays a massive role. Most players in the 100-109 bracket are new players who purchased the level 100 boost, with relatively no skill whatsoever. I mean we're talking about Rogues opening with Blind...

Nonetheless, I love my pvp whether it be instanced or world. Last week I finished my AB rep grind on my 101 hunt :p

Not necessarily, since the xp boost I was able to level my 100 to 110 just through BGs alone. It is a great way to level an alt now if you don't want to quest or do instances. I think I was getting a level every 4-5 wins depending on the BG.

At the beginning of the xpac the base ilvl (for calculating increased % of stats in instanced pvp) was 780. Now it seems to be 750. My dk who is ilvl 831 is getting a 8% increase in stats (excluding stamina). That's 830 - 80 = 750 base ilvl. So basically if you're hardcore and get a twink with 880 ilvl thats 13% increase in stats. Now couple that with all your artifact traits and that's a pretty massive advantage. Not as big as the 99 bracket but imo 101-109 is now better for 2 reasons.

1) Fastest queues in the game. As alliance I'm waiting 2-3 mins per queue 24/7. There's a non-stop pool of legion players leveling alts to 110.

2) It's a mostly fair bracket. Sure some specs perform better but there's no total domination by twinks. For example in the 99 bracket if one side has a few 99 twinks it's total faceroll since most of the non-twinks don't even have artifacts. In 101-109 the non-twinks all have artifact weapons and a couple of traits to boot. Which actually makes it more fun imo.

I've played a ton of 101-109 bgs and the specs that routinely top dmg are; unholy dks with disease aoe (that's me), marks hunters and arms warriors. I did once see a arcane mage match my dmg but that was a isolated incident.

Users who are viewing this thread