EU+US If you had to rank the best twink classes what would your order be?

AlterScene

Grandfathered
Hey guys! Level 101 836 BM hunter twink here. me and A friend of mine were having a conversation the other day about what classes we have the most fun at twinking. He has a boomchicken I have my hunter both 836 or so. The conversation made me wonder what everyone else would pick off the bat as their favorite class to twink? If you had to base it off of what is the highest wpvp dps or dungeon dps or whatever what would you choose as your twink of choice and why? Class fantasy or just straight "Boom chicken and I'm firing ma moon lazer!"

I'm really curious to see why people choose what they do, and to see what order they'd rank all classes from a twinking perspective (Hell, even specs!). I've been considering making another dps twink for shits and giggles for dungeons since hunter is so reliant on focus but idk yet.

So, long story short, how would you rank all classes in a twink perspective? My list would be Boomie>ele/enh/hunt>monk>dk>everything else for a combination of farming and soloing and dps. But then again I haven't run across any mage twinks or anything either so it's a tad but biased.

Last edited:
Top dps ST is enchance->ele shaman, AOE is deffo bdruid.

What are your thoughts on mages? I'd think they'd run OOM too fast to really be viable but good for just those quick "I wanna burn this boss noooooowwwww" moments but not so hot in steady "Trash" pulls. I've been considering what I want as my next twink, and boom chicken is getting pretty high on my list right now but I just don't understand the spec well enough to really go through with it right now. I've heard aff lock gets pretty good once they've ramped up their dots.

What are your thoughts on mages? I'd think they'd run OOM too fast to really be viable but good for just those quick "I wanna burn this boss noooooowwwww" moments but not so hot in steady "Trash" pulls. I've been considering what I want as my next twink, and boom chicken is getting pretty high on my list right now but I just don't understand the spec well enough to really go through with it right now. I've heard aff lock gets pretty good once they've ramped up their dots.
I know it's late butttt mages, my frost Mage crits kazzak 17-18 million with that 100% damage buff.

stop it, i can only get so erect lol. I still have my hunter as my main squeeze twink but im also slowly gearing up a balance druid (going to go for the new boe hammer next) but im slowly considering a fire or frost mage for some good burst capabilities

Yeh, I don't remember anything outstanding though. One tried stacking the legendary belt thing to 100% (which took a while) but the resulting spell only did about 600k damage if I remember right, quite disappointing :(
The artifact ability got buffed by 33% now and it is finally okay.

Open world I already one-shot everybody below 110 if they don't make themself immune to damage when I pop my burst. In a perfect world aka everything crits and procs I'm already capable of doing 5+mio damage in 7sec but myself only has to cast things for 1 sec. And I'm only sitting at 798 atm.

OnUse-Trinket + Arcane Power + Presence of Mind + Incanter's Flow*5
My 2 instant Arcane Blasts now deal a minimum of 400k non crit each. Six Feather Fan ticks for 127k noncrit. This is already a minimum of 1.56mio dmg.
BUT Arcane Blast can proc Unstable magic aka 50% more dmg and this happens most of the time. 1.96mio dmg.
SFF can crit ... 2.74mio dmg.
Arcane Blast can crit ... 3.94mio dmg.
TotM can proc with each Arcane Blast ... ~5.5mio dmg best case. And this is only the case if I do nothing after both instants. :p

I rolled a Warlock, Currently 802 ( 2 items are crap, 710 odd because they are limited by the Cloth only armour )
I use it for farming, my mastery is over 200% and i can basically just slap 1 dot on each Npc while farming leather etc and they all run to me, then when they die, their soul explodes and they all end up killing each other.

While playing last night i was farming away, and a lv110 mage kept coming back for more and more action, i think i ended up killing him 4x

I love the lock so much, Damage over time spells, once you slap all the main spells on, and start the drain soul, with that 70% increased damage from Dots.... look out, not to mention, i currently have 22% leech and one of my dots is he Siphon life that heals 100% damage, i find it VERY fun, not to mention the animation of the Souls walking about after they die and me consuming them with the artifact, feel like a total boss!

only downer i have is i'm limited on my AoE as an affliction lock, you have seed of corruption but its not spammable as it uses Soul shards, and with my insane damage, it pretty much explodes on impact leaving no time to apply over abilities. plus on that talent tier, i can either have the Siphon life or the Seed of corruption that spreads to 2 additional enemies, so that means, if i was to farm dungeons, if i did insane AoE with Seed, i would have my Siphon life, so id have to test it to find out which works better.

Dungeons are still easily soloable but takes longer to kill all the stuff down, without any real awesome AoE.

Dungeons are still easily soloable but takes longer to kill all the stuff down, without any real awesome AoE.
If you run older content, what I did on my lock ... switched to demo, summoned a pet and put it on passive. Now you run through the dungeon and all you have to do is spam demonwrath.

I just wanted something to speed up my gold making, to be honest i found a decent place in high mountain, where the prowler things spawn back pretty fast. i pull 5, loot, move into next bit and pull another 4, by time i go back the other 5 have re-spawned.

im not sure how speed compares to powering through a Dungeon and then looting rapidly but after looking at the videos, you still get close to the same amount per skin, so tbh, i think normal world farming is probably just as fast.

Users who are viewing this thread