EU+US I think I play this game out of spite now

Well put.
Try as they might, there will never be another game like WoW.

It is here that lies the real underlying issue.
Many people possess addictive personalities and have a very difficult time letting go of the game. Being addicted to gaming is a real psychological phenomenon especially in younger people. As they do not have the experience or will power to fend off it's "grip". In addition, younger people give in to peer pressure more often than their older counterparts. If a game requires you to spend a lot of time playing it to look good in the eyes of other players, like WoW, people that are prone to peer pressure will fall into it's trap.

Happy Holidays everyone!

While I'd agree that the game can be addictive, in its current form it's a shade of its former glory. The hardest prt of quitting a game that you've played for a decade is having to form relationships all over again. if I had even a small group of friends who wished to branch out and try something new, I wouldn't even give this game a second thought.

Having an entire section of a certain demographic our society "socially malnourished" is another study all unto itself.

Who would have thought, not so very long ago, the impact the Internet would have on people's psyche. The ramifications are boundless when you consider all the time lost, time gained, the money spent, money gained, jobs lost, jobs gained, sleep lost, sleep gained, marriages lost, marriage gained...
On something that you can just literally walk away from.

You're straying off from the point I was trying to make. The amount of people that are THAT addicted are not as high as you'd like to make out. the point I'm making is that friendships that someone has developed over the course of 10 years is hard to walk away from all for the sake of a different game.

Similarly so, it's equally as difficult to leave life long family/friends behind to pursue life on the other side of the continent.

I play 9 years and still enjoy the game.. Also other mmos dont have twink sistem,there is only lvl up

Users who are viewing this thread