I talked to a GM regarding Invasions

True but perhaps other people thought they'd care.
Even if you were talking to a dev. they'd most likely not care a great deal about this. And the only way you'd get support to contact the development team, is in case of a dispute regarding something technical where the support team don't know whether or not it's intended to be that way. Then the decision is up to the development team. But that's a few steps of escalation within the support ranks for sure.

I don't see invasions sticking around after launch of xpac. They would have to change invasions from the way they are now because the bulk of players will have no interest in invasions after launch. As invasions are now, I don't think (even with phasing) there would be enough low levels around to even complete an invasion. It would probably take hours.

Blizzard is all about playing/seeing/experiencing new content and that content is meant to lvl up to end game, and end gamers won't be focusing on invasions so why leave them?

Imagine how long stages will take when everyone is leveling their toons and exploring the new content. I mean it takes already..

Imagine how long stages will take when everyone is leveling their toons and exploring the new content. I mean it takes already..

Well there will be a lot of new players, so an increased population would make up for it. Besides, 5 days a month would be ideal for this. And after a couple of months after the expansion has hit, things will settle down.

Well there will be a lot of new players, so an increased population would make up for it. Besides, 5 days a month would be ideal for this. And after a couple of months after the expansion has hit, things will settle down.

I doubt it'll happen :)

I mean, blizzard didn't make invasions for the sole purpose of appeasing us twinks lol

I'd be down with monthly invasions for the duration of legion :) Dunno if it would make sense lore wise though, one would assume that at some point throughout the expansion we're going to start "winning" and pushing em back/doing damage to their ability to send infinite demons against us

Except for the part where they can't die on Azeroth and just heal in the Twisting Nether to have the same one we just killed invade again...

Did you play any of the Warcraft series (mostly III), or any of WoW pre-Cata? They purposefully put all of those named Demons in the Broken Shore scenario at the end for a reason... About every single one, if not every one, of the named Demons at the very end we have fought before in the lore.

EDIT: AND killed before.

You act as if being "casual" at a video game is a sin.

Well, to be fair, its not a debate of casual or hardcore. It's just a shit-tier system to waste time and be consumed by WoW until Legion hits tonight at midnight PST/3 AM EST. Which, it worked great for its purpose.

You're already getting the gear from AFKing but yet that's not easy enough for ya?

Being a casual isn't the problem, Blizzard making the game to cater for casuals is.

It's what kills any form of difficulty in the game.

Mythic 25 is pretty difficult. You have done those right?

Mythic 25 is pretty difficult. You have done those right?

Whether or not i have done mythic 25 is completely irrelevant because 95% of the other content in the game has been made easier to cater to casuals.

Except for the part where they can't die on Azeroth and just heal in the Twisting Nether to have the same one we just killed invade again...

Did you play any of the Warcraft series (mostly III), or any of WoW pre-Cata? They purposefully put all of those named Demons in the Broken Shore scenario at the end for a reason... About every single one, if not every one, of the named Demons at the very end we have fought before in the lore.

EDIT: AND killed before.
That's just the thing. Demons have a connection to the Twisting Nether- if we kill them on the Broken Shore, yadda yadda, they'll re-coelesce or however you want to think of it back into the twisting nether and come again. Which is PRECISELY why Illidan created his Demon Hunter army to take the fight to the Burning Legion and kill their leaders IN the Twisting Nether where they will be destroyed permanently.

This is fiction, and in fiction the good guys typically find a way to win.

We messaged in-game, and I asked him about weather or not Invasions would remain in the game as sort of a monthly event. He said that he wasn't sure, but he would definitely post it high up in the Blizzard Discussion boards as a suggestion. I told him how invasions ending on the 30th wouldn't make any sense, considering the theme of the expansion.

FgGOlcr.jpg

I can't be sure if he will do it or not, but he really seemed willing to bring it up to them.

And it may already be planed based on this WoW Legion preview, which shows no indications that invasions will be Pre-Patch only.

I know some of you who have a lot of the +10 warforges might see this as a nuisance, but in the grand scheme, this would be good for the community.

I can't imagine an expansion of bgs with few immensely powerful tinks who are grandfathered and other aspiring tinks realize they cannot obtain these powerful sets. I brought this up for the well-being of the tinking community, so the majority are not overshadowed for years to come by people who got their gear in a month. I have no pride in the grandfathered gear that I currently have on many of my toons. I simply went through lengths to obtain them because I wanted to be stronger. If I could make the various items I have been fortunate enough to get obtainable again, I would. Variety is the spice of life, and that applies to gearing as well.

When something is stripped from the game, it is a relief to those who have gotten it, but disappointment to the majority.

Besides, if this were to happen, many tinks wouldn't participate much since they have no care for the stat difference in bgs. For those that do, it's still a hell of a grind. But a less punishing time-frame.

Support the BattleNet thread if you wish!
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748596796#1
I don't think that this is going to happen. This is clearly just a pre expansion event. It's almost identical to the WotLK pre expansion event. As for the "powerful armor" from this event... well it's not really that powerful. Especially in my old 49 bracket. When comparing a titan forged shoulder from the event vs the boa, the stat difference is very little. The difference between titan forge and warforged is even less significant. Also, with the boa you can have shoulder enchants which makes it far more powerful. This is all outside bg of course. Inside bg it's just "meh". Even less significant than it is outside bg. Gear up all you want. Some classes are just op and could beat the other in full titan forge while completely nude.

I gave you that whole outside bg rant because I'm assuming that this new bg system will only be around a few years at best. Then you will be left with some super high item level grandfathered gear with little stat difference to non grandfathered gear.

Last edited:
That's just the thing. Demons have a connection to the Twisting Nether- if we kill them on the Broken Shore, yadda yadda, they'll re-coelesce or however you want to think of it back into the twisting nether and come again. Which is PRECISELY why Illidan created his Demon Hunter army to take the fight to the Burning Legion and kill their leaders IN the Twisting Nether where they will be destroyed permanently.

Not this early on tho, lol. Not in a pre-patch. The legion should still be on the offensive.

I don't think that this is going to happen. This is clearly just a pre expansion event. It's almost identical to the WotLK pre expansion event. As for the "powerful armor" from this event... well it's not really that powerful. Especially in my old 49 bracket. When comparing a titan forged shoulder from the event vs the boa, the stat difference is very little. The difference between titan forge and warforged is even less significant. Also, with the boa you can have shoulder enchants which makes it far more powerful. This is all outside bg of course. Inside bg it's just "meh". Even less significant than it is outside bg. Gear up all you want. Some classes are just op and could beat the other in full titan forge while completely nude.

I gave you that whole outside bg rant because I'm assuming that this new bg system will only be around a few years at best. Then you will be left with some super high item level grandfathered gear with little stat different than non grandfathered gear.

A TF weapon and armor is far superior to the alternatives with the only exception of legs and shoulders in wpvp. My Health before invasion gear was around 2700 (BiS WoD), now it is 3300+.

Whether or not i have done mythic 25 is completely irrelevant because 95% of the other content in the game has been made easier to cater to casuals.

And that is because the lion's share of Blizzard's customer are casuals. You are a "casual". I am "casual" right now. At one time I was not. Odds are practically everyone reading this is a "casual". They may think they are not. But they are.
Simply putting in hours and hours of playing time does not make you "hardcore". Hardcore people plan. HC players strategize together. They play on the PTR endlessly so they can learn before everyone else. They make toons just so others can get gear for their mains.

Hold on, let me draw something for you...

NuKN8Wn.png

Users who are viewing this thread