I need someone good with math (because I'm not)

Estradiol

Veteran
Ok, so, the last 3 pieces I need for my BiS set are a WF socketed belt (hopefully with mastery!) and 2 WF socketed rings (also hopefully with mastery!).

On paper, it looks like farming the first boss of Auchindoun is the correct way, since that boss has both belts and rings only on it's loot table.

In Iron docks, the first boss drops rings and the third boss drops belts.

Is there any meaningful probability difference between the two?

Since I am a drood, I can do 10 runs of the first boss of Auch in about 30-35 minutes (if ooze procs cooperate).

I haven't timed myself doing 10 runs of bosses 1 and 3 of docks yet.

Any smart people help is appreciated!

As a Druid you can easily do 10 runs before the 1 hour instance cap so don't worry ooze or not you'll have to wait.

Even in Iron Docks you'll prolly won't take that long to do 3 bosses between your cat form stealth and crazy damage and you can reset the instance with your portal to the Emerald Dreamway and save yourself the run.

Basically if you can do Docks in less than 6 min (my headcalc is a bit off, I haven't run Docks on my Druid in a while) you can go for it since you might get other good drops like speed procs on chest or speed socketed WF from all 3 bosses (ring from first, head and neck from second, wrists and belt from third)

If you don't really care and only want the 2 rings and the belt then go for Auchindoun's first boss, it's far more efficient since every drop will be belt or ring. You have a portal in the "end" for fast resets.

That'll give you half an hour to do whatever you want :)

So to summarize, yes you'll have far better odds to get rings and belt from Auchindoun since they are guaranteed drops (if your loot spec is Resto or Balance you may get the staff so check that you're in Guardian or Feral loot spec) but Docks have more potential procs for all other socketable WF'ed items as well as potential speed procs on 3 trinkets (1 for int specs from 1st boss, the versatility one from 2nd and an agility one from 3rd) but it will take more time to do and if you are over the 6 min run you will be getting less belts and ring per hour. Also don't forget to juggle lot specs for Docks if you don't care about trinkets.

That's all for me, hope you have a good answer there :)

As a Druid you can easily do 10 runs before the 1 hour instance cap so don't worry ooze or not you'll have to wait.

Even in Iron Docks you'll prolly won't take that long to do 3 bosses between your cat form stealth and crazy damage and you can reset the instance with your portal to the Emerald Dreamway and save yourself the run.

Basically if you can do Docks in less than 6 min (my headcalc is a bit off, I haven't run Docks on my Druid in a while) you can go for it since you might get other good drops like speed procs on chest or speed socketed WF from all 3 bosses (ring from first, head and neck from second, wrists and belt from third)

If you don't really care and only want the 2 rings and the belt then go for Auchindoun's first boss, it's far more efficient since every drop will be belt or ring. You have a portal in the "end" for fast resets.

That'll give you half an hour to do whatever you want :)

So to summarize, yes you'll have far better odds to get rings and belt from Auchindoun since they are guaranteed drops (if your loot spec is Resto or Balance you may get the staff so check that you're in Guardian or Feral loot spec) but Docks have more potential procs for all other socketable WF'ed items as well as potential speed procs on 3 trinkets (1 for int specs from 1st boss, the versatility one from 2nd and an agility one from 3rd) but it will take more time to do and if you are over the 6 min run you will be getting less belts and ring per hour. Also don't forget to juggle lot specs for Docks if you don't care about trinkets.

That's all for me, hope you have a good answer there :)

Thanks! I already have socketed helm bracer and neck, and have the ilvl87 auchenai tunic, so once i get the last three drops ill have mega sockets!

Do we even need a lot of speed as druids? Since we have cat form/dash and travel form? I havent been prioritizing it (but havent sharded any either)

As a counter argument, I’d say you might be better of in docks, as long as you’re going for intellect stuff.

As a druid (with ooze and totem) I can clear docks 4 bosses in about 3.5 - 4 mins

The same run in auch to 3rd boss with cutscenes is about the same 3.5 - 4 mins. (I never recommend to kill final boss in auch due to time)

If you are mainly looking for int belt and rings, I’d recommend docks because you will have the chance at both drops within the same run, as opposed to just one, since the loot table is shared for auch first boss

Also with docks you have the chance at getting shoulders/2h from last boss as well

The main point here is loot spec. If you’re trying for int rings, it’s actually harder because the loot table increases for both auch and docks, with the staff in auch, and the trinket in docks first boss. Typically I’ve found that the weapons and trinkets have a much higher drop rate than normal loot like rings or belts on the loot table.

If you’re going for agility rings, then perhaps just first boss in auch is the best way, as long as you’re okay with neglecting other potential drops/ upgrades.

Yes, thankfully Im going for agi, I lack the necessary skills to be a healer and balance doesnt really appeal to me. Guess Im just a one trick pony, ive been a tank in some fashion since vanilla.

Do we even need a lot of speed as druids? Since we have cat form/dash and travel form? I havent been prioritizing it (but havent sharded any either)
In term of BIS yes.
In term of real world effect, you travel indoor about 200%. If you're < lvl 20, travel form is 200% whereas mount is only 160%/180%.

When I say BiS I guess I mean for me. I dont have the patience to get speed on everything. Since I am only going to pvp long enough to get achievements I feel it isnt "as" important, my real goal is 5k hp in bear form (seems silly but I think it would be cool).

First boss in Auchindoun clearly better, because every single run you get a shot at your desired slot.

The other one, sure sometimes you get lucky and get both bosses to drop in the same run, but most of the time none will drop.

just do 100 runs of each and look at how many you get.

When I say BiS I guess I mean for me. I dont have the patience to get speed on everything. Since I am only going to pvp long enough to get achievements I feel it isnt "as" important, my real goal is 5k hp in bear form (seems silly but I think it would be cool).
Make a toon on a different server cluster than the one your playing on. When you get locked out on the server you play normally on go to that server you just made in a different cluster and walk in a dungeon kill some trash walk out reset all instances. Then go back to the server your locked out in and you wont be anymore it will be fresh like you just logged on. Me and the people I play with call this a hard reset. Also some weeks it works and other weeks it does not so it seems to be rng if this week it will work or not but seems to be working currently. "shrug"

Users who are viewing this thread