Hows the bracket

Nodoka

Contributor
Since I quit the game I havent kept up to date with this bracket at all.
Is it still very unbalanced as it was pre 6.0

Whats the current FOTM classs, and how active is the BGs now that they are random bgs etc available and has the bis gear changed?

Whats the current FOTM classs, and how active is the BGs now that they are random bgs etc available and has the bis gear changed?
Nodoka at Vampirefreaks.com
Europe never stops to amuse me.

As for the state of bracket:

It's 20-29 now, JP are gone, you can only get BOAs at DMF at the moment.
Ferals are damn OP, WW/BM monks are quite OP, rets are quite OP, hunters are meh, better than many, but not nearly the kings.
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/fotm-classes-tiers-now-61949/
BG's are like a world of healcraft, crit is 150% in PVP now down from 200%, HP pools are much bigger, fights are often long.
With scaling we're almost on par with 29 p2p's, the only problem is their abilities and glyphs.
We have AV and EOTS now too.
BG's ques were totally fucked, like 30-40 min per WSG, now they seem to be back to normal, 5-10 min.
BIS gear has very likely changed, for some classes it's 0 changes, for some a few items, hit and expertize are gone.
Shadowfang is like on every monk and rogue out there now, it drops from mobs now too.

WOD has brought the p2p advantage over Trial accounts to an all-time-low. Just like any bracket; yes there are some FOTMs that are the new "Hunters".

FOTMs are Rets, Ferals and Spriests(24+). But majority of all viable specs can look OP if played correctly; those 3, in particular, are at the top of the food chain atm.

After blizzard introduced WoD Pre-patch, Que times have been messed up even after adding random bg que and merging 25-29 w/ 20-24. Que times are longer now than there were in MoP. There's been several unconfirmed theories on how to get faster/instant que pops.

BIS gear has changed. Mining/Herb/Skinning no longer provide a passive bonus. Stamina's value has doubled. Majority of all classes scale much higher, than in MoP, w/ Int/agi/str; making Crit less valuable in WoD vs MoP. There's a lot more access to haste/crit now than in MoP. int/agi no longer provide crit increase for specs that benefit from it. Certain BiS items from MoP scale worse in BGs compared to non-bis items out-side of BGs.

If you are interested in playing Monk, when you level to 20 and go to Pandaria(using PoS); there's a short quest that will unlock venders that provide BiS Weapons for Mistweavers and Pre-Dungeon BiS Weapons for WW/Brew. Also, these venders will provide BiS Agility and Intellect food buffs for very very cheap. To escape PoS, as F2P, the easiest way is to que for RFC. Run into the mobs and die. When you see the spirit healer, take rez sickness then leave the dungeon party. At this point, you will have left PoS and will be back inside of Orgrimmar. For alliance, do the same thing but for Stockades.

JP Venders are gone, Honor BoA Venders are still present. To obtain JP Heirlooms, you must complete DMF(for a total of 152 tickets per DMF). Or you can wait for BoA Tab that is unconfirmed to be available for Trial accounts in WoD(BoA tab was not released in wod pre-patch).

There are plenty of threads already made that will provide even more information about the changes in WoD, take a few minutes to browse the F2P Forums to further educate yourself on WoD Changes(Check for new Stickies and Page 1&2 Thread titles)

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't mention where you're from. The English EU bracket is on life support (1+ hour queues) and the German bracket is dead. The North American bracket is really the only option for F2Ps in WoD, which is a shame since it's the worst of the 3.

Guess im just going to stay out of it dont like what im hearing

and lol what does VF have to do with anything lol

Dead isn't a word I would use to describe the current f2p status(at least compared to halfway through expansions lifetimes). If anything there are more people re-logging and playing due to the upcoming WoD. Bg's are the most balanced they've been in a long while, came back after 2 years of not playing and am currently having a grand time.

Dont you like play with 200 health or something?

Must have been an armory fault then cause when I inspected cripz hunter a day ago he had 500 hp

Come join me DMOB and Knasty as we twink our way through WOD. Tonight starting at 0800 pst. We hit every bracket. Explore BIS. Discuss the pros and cons for that bracket and jam out to some great music while we take on bgs.
Extensive experience in every bracket and ready to answer any questions.

http://www.twitch.tv/twinksinc/profile

Users who are viewing this thread