US Holy Pally Twink Questions

Arkte

A friend of mine in my 19 twink guild recently convinced me to make a 101 twink with him over on his server. I was unsure what to make, but I knew I wanted to play a healer, and I wanted to play something different that I have never played before, so I ended up going with a Holy Pally. I have the character at 101, but have not yet begun to gear him or anything. I wanted to first reach out to the 101 community here to ask how viable Holy Pally's are in this bracket, and what role/purpose they best serve. It doesn't seem like many people are playing Hpally's in this bracket (I haven't seen any), so I just want to make sure that this character is worth putting the time, effort, and gold in to, or if I should just reroll something else. If anyone here can answer these questions for me, or provide any other help or advice as to what route to go with this character, I would greatly appreciate it.

Look up YouTube videos on 110 Shockadins in Mythic Dungeons, or something to that effect. You basically want to do whatever they're doing because right now in 7.1, Shockadins are OPAF with Damage output while also being able to Heal. I'm still in process on mine so I can't say personally but I have a feeling they're insane. Of course it could be said that ANY 101 Twink is insane with 800+ iLvL.

The reason there's probably not many healer twinks in general at 101 is because it's more of a PvE bracket than PvP (with the exception of world PvP) and most HFC bosses don't require much healing now that they can just be nuked down within about a minute. Not much point overgearing a healer for 5-mans either unless you're trying to do as much DPS as possible (which could work well on a shockadin like DeLindsay said). So in the end it depends what you're twinking for.

Shokadins won't be so good at 101 cuz the main thing of our crazy dps is the mastery that we gain a lot through 850+gear. while the healers mastery increases "%" of healing, not damage
I've already obtained most of the pcs for mine (that's still 100 atm) so time will tell.

@skorobogadka Just out of curiosity, what % Mastery are you achieving at 110 with 850+ Gear, while also obtaining the 45% Crit "cap" for Holy Shock (with 2pc Nighthold) and 15%+ Haste? I ask because 45% Crit with 15%+ Haste while also having ~15% Versa and 30-40% Mastery will be very easy at 101.

Shokadins won't be so good at 101 cuz the main thing of our crazy dps is the mastery that we gain a lot through 850+gear. while the healers mastery increases "%" of healing, not damage
+ Artifact Perks inc your def abilities most of the time.
+ Getting gcd capped makes haste almost useless
+ Crit gets weaker and weaker after hitting the caps (2nd soft cap for holy is enough in this case aka 50%)

So the only 2nd stat which you can max is versatility.

I've been thinking about doing a holypally ive just been watching the the ah so I can snag a few underpriced pieces before I spend another 300k

I've been thinking about doing a holypally ive just been watching the the ah so I can snag a few underpriced pieces before I spend another 300k
I'm working on mine atm, and am lucky because I found a Realm where prices are regularly between 5-9K per item. I'm just waiting on a couple Bids to finish then I'll xfer a toon back to my home Realm with all the goodies. So far it's looking like I'll have full 835 (meaning every slot) and 80% of those with at least Socket or Leech for ~105K. That's a seriously impressive low cost for a full set of world epics on any 101.

I just geared a holy pally and leveled skinning in 1 hour doing goat farm. I think that doing the falcasaur swarm in Highmountain on the coast will provide more leather and skinning opportunity. They are 110 mobs that hit hard, but with the self heals, it should be no issue. There are typically hundreds or skinnable corpses and instaspawn with a 5man farm will be insane. Tons of AP and bloods drop here along with FA/cooking mats, Epic BOE and raw gold from selling the greys. I have 3 accounts on Area52 and Nesingwary. Would love to farm with others thru premades if not on same server.

Add me on bnet Rjfurie#1535

Users who are viewing this thread