<Gurubashi Surf Club> - Ravencrest - Alliance

No negative @posts inside guild recruitment threads please. If you have a problem, take it to PM.

All further posts derailing thread will result in infractions.

Can you clarify for everyone what is allowed to be discussed inside a guilds receruitment thread?

You can discuss everything about the guild. Any posts aimed at flaming the guild will be deleted though, as matters should be taken to PM.

Are you not allowed to tell others what you have seen from the guild If the things they state in first posts are true from your own experience?

You can tell whoever you want. Just not here.

Is only the thread creator allowed to post stuff regarding the guild or is it open for everyone to discuss and comment following the guidelines of Twinkinfo?

Everyone is free to comment. If you post something negative, effectively derailing the thread, the comment will be deleted.

In answer to your question as a whole: You are not permitted to flame post in a recruitment thread. If you do, you run the risk of receiving infractions/bans. Same rules apply in all threads, if you see someone flame posting, report it.

What is "flaming"? Other then the obvious "you guys are ugly and you stink" is it also if you have something to say that you could perceive to be negative yet would be a legitimate concern/issue? So the appropriate thread to tell people that said guild is breaking its own guild rules for example, you should create a new thread, instead of taking it up within the guilds recruiting page?

In a recruitment thread, any post aimed at causing negative impact on the guild will be deleted.

What is a flame-post? Posting in order to provoke a reaction, in this case, naming and shaming/insults. Any legitimate concerns or issues are to be discussed with the GM/officers in game or via PM. There is no appropriate place on the forum for informing people of rule breaking. If the 'victim' feels so strongly about making sure players don't migrate, he can send private messages to those people.

Negative public comments? Not allowed.

This topic has been dealt with, and hopefully I have cleared up questions regard posting in Guild Recruitment threads. Any other questions, feel free to PM me, please keep further posts on topic

I'm not defending anyone, and I also don't have any insight in this specific case, but shouldn't Stubs be able to air the experiences he has had with the guild? I read his first post and I can't say it was anything near flame or even provocative for that matter. I interpreted it as his willingness to share how he, according to him, was unjustly treated by this guild.

I think it's important that guild-threads can be nuanced like every other thread.

The fact that it was an @post is pretty obvious, as it's pointed towards this guild - but following that rule in guild-threads, I guess much "@posts" should be deleted - even the positive ones..

Take not I am not part of the TL-gang :D

I'm not defending anyone, and I also don't have any insight in this specific case, but shouldn't Stubs be able to air the experiences he has had with the guild? I read his first post and I can't say it was anything near flame or even provocative for that matter. I interpreted it as his willingness to share how he, according to him, was unjustly treated by this guild.

I think it's important that guild-threads can be nuanced like every other thread.

The fact that it was an @post is pretty obvious, as it's pointed towards this guild - but following that rule in guild-threads, I guess much "@posts" should be deleted - even the positive ones..

Take not I am not part of the TL-gang :D

The post provoked a bunch of other posts down-talking the guild, and the whole thing turned into a mess.. If Stubs wanted to express his bad experience with the guild, then he went about it the wrong way. His post contained @comments about the GM, and following posts also had flames/insults toward members of the guild.

Guild matters are up for discussion on the forum, but there are limits. Comments like 'Nobody should join this guild' are going to be deleted. If the post had been written another way, perhaps things wouldn't have resulted in deletion of the whole topic.

Well, no great guild can go without having some drama. Now with that out of the way, I'm no longer a officer of this guild however if you got questions you can still direct yourself to me and i'll answer them as best as i can.

I've been in the guild for about a week now and have nothing bad to say about the guild so far. Events, groupqueues and arenas very often. Good players or not, the guild brings alot of stuff to the table and I have alot of fun. I got free enchants and ppl boosts me in gnomer with a smile on their face. The attitude is always good and ppl have fun together.

I do recommand any 24 with good attitude and spirit for the bracket to join this guild. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=1552]Kilda[/MENTION] question is why my first post in this thread got removed, it didnt break any rules what so ever and after reading everything Nicozy just wrote i think it deserves to remain

The post provoked a bunch of other posts down-talking the guild, and the whole thing turned into a mess.. If Stubs wanted to express his bad experience with the guild, then he went about it the wrong way. His post contained @comments about the GM, and following posts also had flames/insults toward members of the guild.

Guild matters are up for discussion on the forum, but there are limits. Comments like 'Nobody should join this guild' are going to be deleted. If the post had been written another way, perhaps things wouldn't have resulted in deletion of the whole topic.

So how about instead of deleting the entire message to the public, why not just take out the "@ parts" or the parts where he calls names but doesn't back it up?

Stubs was obviously upset and perhaps over exaggerated with the comments like "No one should join this guild" but at the same time completely deleting his side of the story and the legitimate facts is wrong.

There is a difference between defaming someone without legitimate reason. An example of this would be "Do not transfer to this guild, they are are terrible people because I said so".

The inverse of this is defaming someone with the inclusion of just-cause such as: "Do not transfer to this guild, they are terrible people because they have backdoor rules, do not hold their word (or the interpreted word), have low integrity. This is why: [Enter Stubs story here]"

Just because people say negative things does not mean they are "Flaming" or Nonconstructive. Why should any group be able to have censorship of the negative connotations that become associated with their group because of WRONG actions. It is VERY important to the health of the low level PvPing community to have transparency of actions that have been preformed by individuals or conglomerates.

It is even more so important that it be publicized to make sure the group is held accountable for their actions. Nothing prevents them from telling their side of the story or even explaining how they rectified the situation, which in my mind is almost better than pretending that nothing ever happened. This would allow mature individuals to not only see but BELIEVE the integrity of the group they may or may not be interested in joining.

This is not something that can be taken up by PMs, it is something that the community should be able to see, educate themselves on, and make their own personal decision upon. It is something that each person should have a right to choose whether to take interest in or ignore, not up to the what the White Knight Forum Zealots perceive as useless belittling or the overused misunderstood term "Trolling".

Now I have given you a test, let's see if you pass.

- Derv

"I just wanna let everyone know, i got payed to move to Ravencrest to join this guild, ofc free things are good but i regret even getting the transfer for free, i wouldnt suggest any "good" or any player with a brain to move there, the guild is ran by awful players, no leadership what so ever, they are not trust worthy and the "tournaments inside the guild" is awful set up, people not showing up, people afking mid games, people randomly disspear.

And also making up rules who will benefit the guild leaders and their friends, for example we had Cavernsdeep Boots drop in a run the same day as i joined the guild - i won the greed but were forced to give them away and got promised if i rolled a retri paladin i would get them (i was holy on the char in the run) but after a week and 1 whole night gearing my retri they changed the agreement saying

Vanillamilk <Guild Master>: u not getting boots within next future ^^

I do not make this post to troll or flame or anything, just suggesting to people who are thinking to actually pay their own money to move to this "serious" "happy little family guild" dont do it. its not worth spending anything on, and if you look for competitive games this is not the right guild to join either

the way you run ur guilds i would respect 100%
Stubx: if you would put rules down or let people know a head
Vanillamilk: yeah, we should have totally made that
Stubx: thats the reason i think i deserve the boots the most that no1 told me shit
Vanillamilk: thats so silly with all the new members and havent cleared that out
Vanillamilk: im so sorry about that
Stubx: then what are you waiting for
Stubx: You just make urself look even more dumb , you basiclly say yourself that you took the boots away from me
Vanillamilk: we're talking about now how we should formulate it
Vanillamilk: hmm
Vanillamilk: i didnt take boots from u lol
Stubx: and also that we were 4 friends who were running the group and Kiera wanted invite to OUR group
Vanillamilk: i just didnt give u boots yet
Stubx: thats the disgusting part, after all i just typed down
Stubx: Read through it and then look whos having whos boots
Stubx: if you actually read through everything i just typed and then put urself in my position and just try forget the fact that its rare boots and i know your fingers are stuck to them but you gotta let them go because you know deep inside your head im right, and its pissing me off soooo much
Vanillamilk: oh its nothing to do with rare boots that ur not getting them
Stubx: ok so tell me why then

--------------------------------------
Stubx: the fact that no1 told me about that stupid rule should lead to me having the boots that i won the greed on obvious
Vanillamilk: i totally agree about the rules
Vanillamilk: we just not used to having this many people here
Vanillamilk: never needed any rules
Stubx: thats not an excuse for you having my boots
Vanillamilk: im sorry man

so after this what would be the smart thing to do as a GM after he say he is sorry and he agrees that im right? so what is the problem you might ask? why do Stubx not get the boots back?

I ask the same

and again this post isnt any hate towards anyone its just to bring awarness to how this guild and their leaders run things without informing the players, and for people wondering what this is all about its Cavernsdeep Boots super rare boots.

and i have now also left the server on my 24 holy paladin and after all this happned and my dear friend Nicozy who didnt do anything wrong or havent even said anything bad about this guild to anyone got kicked from the guild because he obvious was friend to me.... sad

Well. I've always been told that every rare item from the guild runs goes to guildbank. At the moment you played this dungeon you were holy, am I right? I think that's why you didn't get them. You've been told a several times that if you gear up a retri paladin and if you show that you're worthy the boots you could have them without any problems. My point its that even if there's a rare drop you have to be the right class and the right spec and you should have show yourself worthy of the boots.

/Vincent aka Justkidding - Ravencrest EU

So im gone from my home for 2 months, and now i see the guild has grown this big? i'm proud to say i'm a part of this guild with all the amazing people who are in it! I cant wait to start playing with y'all again.

18 more days till my return!

Peace,

Slack

Just wanted to post saying that ever since I joined the guild about a month ago, it has been nothing but good to me. Helped me out, improving my skills and i've met loads of cool people who I enjoy playing with. The guild is great fun, with guild events each weekend, as well as almost constant arena's throughout the week. I would recommend the guild to anyone who wants a fun but competitive 24 twink guild full of nice, friendly and helpful people.

Also if anyone wants to ask me any questions about the guild, I am very happy to answer them, be it on this site or through my battletag: Tomatron#2572

Again, I recommend the guild to anyone looking for a fun 24 twink community.

i have no interested in joining this guild, i like some of core members but this judgement doesnt hide the amount of random skeyers they recruit.

Good luck with guild <3

Users who are viewing this thread