Guide to farming +8 ilvl blues

The best way to farm blues are dungs, you can solo the trash for 100% of the loot, or get 4x 20s 1x 120 and pull all the mobs for faster runs but 20% of the loot. Here is a list of all the relevant blues and where to get them:

Gnomergan: Annoying to run but only way ur gonna get these higher lvl rares scaled down.
-https://www.wowhead.com/item=2800/black-velvet-robes&bonus=3901
https://www.wowhead.com/item=2278/forest-tracker-epaulets&bonus=3901
https://www.wowhead.com/item=13094/the-queens-jewel?bonus=3901
https://www.wowhead.com/item=13114/trolls-bane-leggings?bonus=3901
Are you suggesting that these items could become required 20 with ilvl 28?
Do we have anyone with them?

Troll bane’s is confirmed to go 20 ilvl 28 from
Gnomer
Forest tracker epaulets are originally lvl 26 which is also in the gnomer level range (though it’s at the upper limit so it’s likely to be a bit rarer than troll banes)

Troll bane’s is confirmed to go 20 ilvl 28 from
Gnomer
Forest tracker epaulets are originally lvl 26 which is also in the gnomer level range (though it’s at the upper limit so it’s likely to be a bit rarer than troll banes)

As someone that's extensively farmed gnomer at 20 I can tell you that I haven't seen a confirmed drop from there in a long long time. The only item I was able to get to drop was brawler's gloves x2. For a while we had a group of 10 or more farming gnomer at 20 and we didn't get a single drop of ilvl 28 blue gear. Either that many people were so incredibly unlucky, or gnomer is different.

Things might have changed but after over 100 (90+ dry streak) runs solo I gave up. I just don't want people wasting their time there

As someone that's extensively farmed gnomer at 20 I can tell you that I haven't seen a confirmed drop from there in a long long time. The only item I was able to get to drop was brawler's gloves x2. For a while we had a group of 10 or more farming gnomer at 20 and we didn't get a single drop of ilvl 28 blue gear. Either that many people were so incredibly unlucky, or gnomer is different.

Things might have changed but after over 100 (90+ dry streak) runs solo I gave up. I just don't want people wasting their time there
That’s some horrid luck with those runs.
I haven’t done Gnomer in a while but u used to get a few blues, some ilvl 28 from time to time. But I haven’t tried recently. Are u suggesting u haven’t seen any drops in recent runs?
FYI only Armor scales to ilvl 28 in Gnomer. Weapons scale to ilvl 30 which isn’t useable on 20’s. And only world drops scale to 20.
And for bragging rights, check out the ring on my Vet Monk ;) if anyone wants to see an ilvl 28.

That’s some horrid luck with those runs.
I haven’t done Gnomer in a while but u used to get a few blues, some ilvl 28 from time to time. But I haven’t tried recently. Are u suggesting u haven’t seen any drops in recent runs?
FYI only Armor scales to ilvl 28 in Gnomer. Weapons scale to ilvl 30 which isn’t useable on 20’s. And only world drops scale to 20.
And for bragging rights, check out the ring on my Vet Monk ;) if anyone wants to see an ilvl 28.

I got blues, they were just the useless weapons. I suppose I worded things badly. I was meaning in those 100 runs I got just the two Ilvl 28 blue brawler's gloves and then nothing else I'd consider useful. Interestingly enough I also got Ilvl 23 lvl 20 brawler's gloves to also drop which was weird since it wasn't from the chest (which would have made sense if it was from the chest). I remember I got two drops prior to one of the patches around that time dropping and then went 90 or more runs dry of anything significant dropping after the patch and then gave up. We had a decent group farming it but none of us got anything useful to drop.

This was all over a year ago though so who knows. I haven't seen a ss of an ilvl 28 gnomer drop since mine I posted in 2018.

[doublepost=1562170553,1562170326][/doublepost]
confirmed drop today from gnomer. Gonna hardcore farm this place now

*edit* here's the post with the SS proof. Or it won't quote the picture too rip...

I got blues, they were just the useless weapons. I suppose I worded things badly. I was meaning in those 100 runs I got just the two Ilvl 28 blue brawler's gloves and then nothing else I'd consider useful.
You haven't seen a confirmed drop there yet you're confirming that you got 2x lvl 20 ilvl 28 blues from there?
Interestingly enough I also got Ilvl 23 lvl 20 brawler's gloves to also drop which was weird since it wasn't from the chest
No such item exists.

You haven't seen a confirmed drop there yet you're confirming that you got 2x lvl 20 ilvl 28 blues from there?

No such item exists.

Please reread what I said. I stated that no drops have happened since I got mine to drop which was prior to a hotfix patch in early 2018. Since that patch nothing has been seen to drop from gnomer which has counted over 1000s of runs from multiple individuals.

I can certainly link a ss of the ilvl 23 brawlers gloves confirming both versions exist.

Edit* seems as though I must have remembered wrong and that they are req 23 ilvl 28, and 2x req 20 Ilvl 28 version. I still have the last ss'd proof of Ilvl 28 req 20 drops from gnomer as I linked. These were from 2018 and I know many that have done many runs since with 0 luck.

Last edited:
Few Questions / thoughts @Yapah

First, thanks for aggregating some of this info. This info exists deep in other threads but is not laid out like this.

1) I have done hundreds of SFK runs with hopes of obtaining the two items mentioned (of course both dropped for my 120). While running with my 120, I have also received other world blue drops (ex stormbringer belt). Now my concern is that the blues that have dropped for my 20, which are supposedly world blues, and are NOT scaling to req 20// ilvl 28, instead req lv 15//ilvl 20. Now there are other accounts of people successfully farming SFK for these exact 20/ilv28 items with 20s as well as screenshots of the req lv20//ilvl 28 versions of magefists dropping for a lv 22+ so I am extremely confused. Have we put to bed the idea that you would need to farm SFK for Magefists and Darkweave with a lv 22+ character?

2) Based on level floors/ etc, would you say Stockaids is better to farm Darkweave over SFK

3) For efficiency, is it really feasible to solo any of these dungeons for drops, even though you do receive 100% loot chance?

4) (Bonus/theory) - With stat/ lv squish inc somewhat soonish: what are your thoughts on investment into ilvl 28s?

EDIT: 5) - Thoughts on best dungeon to farm Magician's Mantle?

Last edited:
Few Questions / thoughts @Yapah

First, thanks for aggregating some of this info. This info exists deep in other threads but is not laid out like this.

1) I have done hundreds of SFK runs with hopes of obtaining the two items mentioned (of course both dropped for my 120). While running with my 120, I have also received other world blue drops (ex stormbringer belt). Now my concern is that the blues that have dropped for my 20, which are supposedly world blues, and are NOT scaling to req 20// ilvl 28, instead req lv 15//ilvl 20. Now there are other accounts of people successfully farming SFK for these exact 20/ilv28 items with 20s as well as screenshots of the req lv20//ilvl 28 versions of magefists dropping for a lv 22+ so I am extremely confused. Have we put to bed the idea that you would need to farm SFK for Magefists and Darkweave with a lv 22+ character?

2) Based on level floors/ etc, would you say Stockaids is better to farm Darkweave over SFK

3) For efficiency, is it really feasible to solo any of these dungeons for drops, even though you do receive 100% loot chance?

4) (Bonus/theory) - With stat/ lv squish inc somewhat soonish: what are your thoughts on investment into ilvl 28s?

EDIT: 5) - Thoughts on best dungeon to farm Magician's Mantle?

1.) Did you get the stormbringer belt from a chest? Chest loot doesn't scale, you need to loot the item from a mob for it to go +8 ilvls. If the item does drop, it will most likely scale lvl 20 ilvl 28 though it could also go lvl 15 ilvl 23, 22 might be better so it scales 20 and not 15, but then u run the risk of the item going lvl 25. I personally would farm on a 20.

2.) I would say stocks is best to farm any lvl 17-21 rare. While it drops from sfk, it seems to be rarer there. Also stocks has a lot more good items you could loot at ilvl 28.

3.) Soloing isn't very efficient, though its a decent way to pass the time between queues.

4.) No clue.

5.) Stockaids though it's not very good stats wise, and if you're using it for the mog you can just buy the unscaled version for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread