Grandfathered Items List for Cataclysm 19-39

none of it worked
This is an exaggeration. It just didn't reduce the damage of DoTs, which yeah is it not completely working, but has no bearing on the initial resist like your OG BC example. There's a reason you still need fire gear for some of the bosses in raids until you get your kill times down to comically low numbers

Edit: That same mage who you are using as an example of saying +Resistances don't work also told Sonii that if they had a frost resist set that Sonii would have beat him in the tourny

hope that mage didn't tell that warrior that after the tourney, because that mage according to his prep video after the tourney figured out the resist gear/enchants/etc were not working before the tourney

it is ironic that back in 2020 i think? alot of players knew how Van WOW was and worked...so they thought classic was the same. there was a classic WOW tourney at 60 but it had rules where they set a limit on +resistances, and even prevented some abilities (mostly warlock) from being used to make it more balanced. so imagine there was little focus on checking +resistances to see if they worked

hope that mage didn't tell that warrior that after the tourney, because that mage according to his prep video after the tourney figured out the resist gear/enchants/etc were not working before the tourney

Ziqo found that they didn't resist/partial-resist the damage SOLELY from DoTs only which was how he hoped and assumed they would. He even points out in his own video what he is still resisting non-dot shadow spells. Actually it even shows it getting some partial resists on some DoT ticks

He never said they straight up didn't work, in his own video talking about his shadow resist set that you are referencing he talks about why frost resist still effects his spells, since he also tested his own damage against a Naxx geared tank in their Frost resist set and found he did basically nothing to them.

not going to argue over verbage and interpretations. overall it did not work and he did not have time to farm other gear

alright. fun time's over.
stop derailing already.

You could add the 'Father Flame' off hand.
Edit: maybe it is BoP in wrath so nm!

Hey mate long time no see. I actually did investigate this all the way back in Classic Vanilla. It was never possible to get on a low level character in Classic due to last patch itemization. I also chose to not include Abomination Skin Leggings despite them being available in Classic since I figured that information wouldn't be of much use for players at this point.

for the 49 bracket i know the gloves from sunken temple can no longer be obtained since they removed all the platform bosses. im currently leveling a 49 so i can get them. and a 59 so i can get ZG trinket. (zg is turned into a 85 raid) as well as the ZG wizard oil no longer being obtainable, however plenty of ppl should already know that recipe.

Anyone have a good guide for 49 GFing items? Especially stuff that drops in level requirement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread