US fun 101's class/spec?

fun and balanced
Are you talking PvP or PvE? I'm guessing instanced PvP, and honestly i havent queued once.

Enhance sham is pretty ridiculous in PvE, probably world PvP too. Blood DK is always good for something... vengeance DH too. Balance druids are strong at same-level, but apparently there's something worse for caster classes making it harder to hit high-level targets than for melee. Ret pally i think might be strong too - or stronger, since everything is "strong" for PvE stuff with enough gear.

Both balance and enhance benefit most from using multiple armor class items (cloth+ leather and leather+mail) which is no help in instanced PvP due to normalization and the 5% stat buff for wearing your proper armor type. Hunters do too, but i leveled up the BM hunter i had so i'm not sure how good they are. It soloed nelth lair easily with just a couple 835 BoEs and the rest being ilvl 700 WOD PvP gear, just took a while. My ENH goes through NL very quick, in comparison. Get lots of +Leech.

I've had better luck with old PvE content on tank classes, but others might have had better DPS luck with better gear.

for PvE it depends on if u want like a fun spec, one shot? fast movement speed? high single target burst? sustained dps?

i can imagine hunter being pretty good with hybrid mail/leather gear, but i havent seen any to confirm it.
Druid and Shaman are definitely viable for good dps probably being the best picks for sustained dps.
Shadow priest has probably the highest sustained dps for cloth casters, and mage has probably the highest burst in game(even if its not the best its still really good).
Havoc DH doesnt do a ton of damage as far as i know, but you can get over 100% movement speed with it so it should be a lot of fun potential compared to other classes.
i dont know how viable plate users are for dps, but all tank builds are viable as far as i know.

I strongly recommend NOT going caster for pvp, i dont know if melee has the same problem with missing 80% of the time, so if you're going to mostly pvp on your 101, then a Blood dk, enhancement shaman or a hunter is your probably your best bet.
Although it would be pretty hilarious to crit 5m on a 110 randomly in world pvp with glacial spike, its unprobable and its gonna take probably 20-30 tries before you actually kill someone.

All in all if you want a failsafe twink, make a blood dk or a enhancement shaman or a balance druid, you can't go wrong with those. but i can recommend trying to make your own kind of build trying to find out some new combo that is fun for you :p
I'm personnally gonna try out haste heavy build with arcane in 7.1.5 since theyre reworking some of the spells.

I play a rogue, i find it very hard to kill a level 110 because of all of the missing, But i can generally kill a level 110 or lower with under 1.5M hp, anything above that i don't even try. I generally stay in high mountain, thunder totem ganking everyone turning in quest and all, the guards spawn but they're easy to kill for a twink since they don't hit very hard

Same for me, i play a ilvl 800 frost mage. Its a fuckin pain in the ass to kill something in wpvp. But its damn nice with the
Glacial Spike in pve, Highest ive crited so far in pve with mobs the same lvl as me is 1,45mil. Without pots etc.

I play a 101 810 MM hunter with mail/leather hybrid gearing and it's the most fun ive ever had with any of my hunters. solo or running friends through dungeon ques to get them exp for quick i can 1 shot burst all trash packs with barrage and a sidewinder/marked shot combo and bosses are easily tanked with a highly overtuned blackarrow.

I'd advise against a blood DK. I main a blood DK and I have a 101 twink blood DK. The DK is so slow in dungeons that if I want to skin kills, the dps's end up pulling the next pack and I constantly need to run around and pick everything up. That's random Dungeons. I get pissed that random players can't wait 5 seconds considering my dps is equal to all of theirs combined. I've been kicked, sworn at, etc.. and just find the play a bit frustrating. I like to pull 3-5 packs at a time but have a difficult time keeping up when I'm running from behind.

Don't forget these random dungeons are leveling dungeons so folks are looking to get through them as quick as possible. Pick a class with mobility.

If I could reroll (I guess I can) I would make a vengeance DH and have a second standard weapon for havoc offspec. I''d go herb/skin or enchant/skin. Hunter sounds fun too!

Users who are viewing this thread