US Finally making a 101!

Captain

•ßøbbÿ• ;p
I've been wanting to do this since it was a thing, but I HATE leveling... Finally brought myself to do it, and im level 80 on my dk so far... yes, 25 levels really was that bad...

Im thinking of going as frost, then making a 102 tank DH for farms and raid solos (barely any leveling required) What are your thoughts? is UH or blood more fun? are DH's even good?

Whats up with this relic shit, why is there so much hype around it? Doesnt it have the same drop rate as any other 101 gear piece?

I have lots of questions, but need some help with answers.

also, should I just dungeon grind my way to 90 then do the xp pot bonus obj thing..... or quest till 90?

From a fellow "Hate Leveling too" guy, here's my thoughts.
  • 80-90: Can't say for sure but I'd imagine Questing is still superior in that Level range.
  • 90-100: Yes, Elixirs + Bonus Areas in WoD Zones is the way to go fast.
  • I have a 101 Blood and it's great but DPS is meh. I've always preferred Unholy (for the 2 DPS Specs), but it's personal opinion there. Frost will likely out DPS Unholy with possible exception to AOE.
  • iLvL 810 Relics right now are a shit show. Getting the 2 you need for your chosen Spec is hit or miss, and will likely cost you a small fortune. They don't seem to share the 840+ BoE drop table, but instead appear to come mostly/only from the Lockboxes. That said, they are certainly worth the effort at least, if not the Gold.

I'm still the new kid on the block, but I am having so much fun with my Havoc DH. From my personal experience, if you want to have DH for tanking go for Vengeance Spec and load up on gear and traits that help with DPS. I just find that Vengeance is so boring compared to Havoc. I have played with a few other twinks with my DH and I don't hit as hard as most other classes, but due to me loading up on leech gear and mastery; I feel Havoc is viably fun. From the advice of a few DH twinks I have met, they say go 102 for the 102 trait. Yet, I tested this out on PTR and although I do hit harder, the loss of 12% in secondary stats prevented me from pulling as much as I did with a 101. Again these are my own personal opinions. Best of luck and have fun man.

I hate levelling as well man, I have my DK sat at level 88, I'm doing 1 level a day lol ... that is when I can be bothered. I will use the pots from 90-100 though as it is much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread