EU+US Feral flat +7% damage buff...

and that tier is just above prot specs....feral is carried by a second hand boomkin spell to even do any damage at all tbh

Feral main issue at low levels is energy generation
It's damage has been pretty ok to me even pre-buff

gonna be cool to see more ferals runnin around

dust of those cats boys I wanna see you in the gulch

There seems to be more discrepancy between people thinking feral is even playable versus people who think its completely worthless (even before the buff) than any other class in the entire 29s... which blows my mind, because I have personally never seen any feral at all perform at a level which I would even consider to be "worthwhile"... the math and numbers are simply not there... even with 7% increase.

I just don't understand it... the damage is just trash, even full twink damage is trash, you are running around (as somebody said up above) spamming a bad spell for tick damage and even your max combo finisher does almost nothing versus another geared target. Even if you are wearing grandfathered glass cannon attackpower/agility gear... the damage is trash, even with a perfect rotation on a stunned target. You cannot stand toe to toe with any other melee class at all, and if you just want to spam moonfire why are you just not balance doing, honestly, 3-4x as much damage?

What is it that you think you are magically doing that is making it so the simple math involved with feral is being somehow waylaid... because that is what any argument is going to be based around.

I'm not talking about flag running in the trash BG... I'm talking about just being useful anywhere else or being able to kill anything.

Just trying to understand.

Last edited:
There seems to be more discrepancy between people thinking feral is even playable versus people who think its completely worthless (even before the buff) than any other class in the entire 29s... which blows my mind, because I have personally never seen any feral at all perform at a level which I would even consider to be "worthwhile"... the math and numbers are simply not there... even with 7% increase.

I just don't understand it... the damage is just trash, even full twink damage is trash, you are running around (as somebody said up above) spamming a bad spell for tick damage and even your max combo finisher does almost nothing versus another geared target. Even if you are wearing grandfathered glass cannon attackpower/agility gear... the damage is trash, even with a perfect rotation on a stunned target. You cannot stand toe to toe with any other melee class at all, and if you just want to spam moonfire why are you just not balance doing, honestly, 3-4x as much damage?

What is it that you think you are magically doing that is making it so the simple math involved with feral is being somehow waylaid... because that is what any argument is going to be based around.

I'm not talking about flag running in the trash BG... I'm talking about just being useful anywhere else or being able to kill anything.

Absolutely this

Its the same folk that hint at Arms being a sleeper strong spec and mistweavers topping the damager charts and outdamaging boomkins and hunters. Im not sure if its motivated by contrarianism or a fundemental inability to objectively review experiences they have in random pvp encounters. All it takes is a bg full of plebs and them doing well where they come out on top of some stat and it shapes there entire outlook. Play whatever you want but dont lie to yourself about your place in the hiererarchy of power. Of course player skill can bridge many gaps and there is a certain stubborn honor not jumping on the fotm bandwagon.

#noprotspecs

Its not like feral is good compwise or in 1v1, deal is it is fun to play. Only reason it is not complete trash in 29s is because of rake stun. 100% is better runing an outlaw rogue, but feral is just 2 fun.
[doublepost=1545235425,1545235166][/doublepost]
Absolutely this

Its the same folk that hint at Arms being a sleeper strong spec and mistweavers topping the damager charts and outdamaging boomkins and hunters. Im not sure if its motivated by contrarianism or a fundemental inability to objectively review experiences they have in random pvp encounters. All it takes is a bg full of plebs and them doing well where they come out on top of some stat and it shapes there entire outlook. Play whatever you want but dont lie to yourself about your place in the hiererarchy of power. Of course player skill can bridge many gaps and there is a certain stubborn honor not jumping on the fotm bandwagon.

#noprotspecs
I mean is not saying feral is good , just saying it is less trash now :). not everyone is on the fotm playstyle. Is like albino playing prot pally with 7khp or playing his frost mage, and he does really good with those low tier classes.

Every class has its utility, not everything is just damage.

The dot spread is good for cleave pressure on enemy heals. Good for efc pressure

The off heals are there

With the different forms feral can be an off fc if you dont have a resto dru

Good for ambushing efc with rogues, which ties into efc pressure

At 29 you get the rake stun which is nice for letting healers peal

I queue with @Dimitri his feral does great in bgs

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve played 29 feral a lot and IMO it would have been a huge buff if ferocious bite didn’t get nerfed by 20%, that nerf basically put feral below everything. Bite used to hit hard

Users who are viewing this thread