Fel Reaver (104k hp) Preparation

Sponsor

Achievement Hunting
Fel Reaver (104k hp) Preparation & Success

Alright folks! Summer is just around the corner, so why not kick it off with a world breaking event!?

Me and Yets have been testing the waters with our new friend the Fel Reaver over in Hellfire Peninsula, and we have finally taken the initiative to actually get down and to kill him (sorry bud). In order to do this, however, we need help!

Our current strategy is very unorthodox for twinking. We will have 1 tank in dodge/parry/hit/stam set (me), 3 healers (maybe more), and lots and lots of DPS. We will do this in hopes of not having to refer to kiting or GY spawning over and over again. This way we get a nice well played out clean kill.

This event will be hosted on Medivh (Horde) and will be recorded. However, you are free to get yourself merged onto Medivh and come with an alliance group. (Done by inviting a 55 DK from medivh to your group)

What we need:
  • Any kind of DPS (mdps & rdps) BE SURE TO HAVE A HIT/EXPERTISE SET or else you will be useless (Titanium Weapon Chain & expertise to bracers for example)
  • A few healers. Not more than 4 (shammy, druid, priest)
  • Players who are able to understand how aggro works (both for healers and DPS) -- seriously, please have a brain. really important.
  • Players who have patience (He has 104k hp, so killing him will take a while)
  • AND THE WILL TO SET A GLORIOUS WORLD RECORD IN THE HISTORY OF 10 TWINKS
When will this happen?

This will not be an event with a set date, because those fail all the time. Instead, we have planned that over the next 5 days we are aiming to do this. So please keep this post under look-out, add me up on btag if it is not done already (Kick#1611), and get that hit/expertise set going!

This might happen tomorrow, as it might happen Monday night. So for those interested, please be ready. I will update the thread every day to let everyone know, somewhat, in advance whether or not Fel Reaver is dying that day.

Fel Reaver died at 3:59 PM EST April 20th/14

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad i cant come and carry the dps on my 10 fury warrior aka cutest 10 world im alli :(

ill get alli to come and be fel reaver adds to make the fight harder

Good luck with it . I will try to do it on EU with friends :p would take like 7 mins when u know the good way to kite him around. And once again goodluck•

Yeah, kiting him is one thing. Tanking him is another! This will bring a spicy twist to twinking if we make this happen!

use my buffsguide

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f20...uides-but-im-not-sure-if-its-good-idea-51482/ 1000 hp fortitude and energizing spores could be useful for you level 10 twinks

anyways cheers and gl

Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for earlier. thank you so much. Gave it a like. A lot of really nice buffs in your list, its a darn shame that all of the really useful ones last 2mins :(

The downside I see with these buffs is that we're most likely going to wipe a few times before we get it right. Going back and forth (buff spots to Fel Reaver) might be a bit of a pain :s
Also, the hounds will jump on us and "hackusate" us for using "exploited" buffs on a world first. You know how the twink community works haha ;)

Count me in.

niceee hey garry!!

We'll need your shammy as ele (but im sure thats what you were planning on doing anyway!).

Also for today. I am gone the majority of the day and I am having guests at my house afterwards so I am uncertain whether it might happen today. I highly doubt it will though. I find this is a good thing because manny of you have shown interest and are either in the leveling process, or in the midst of completing your hit/expertise sets. Giving them the Friday night to complete everything would be beneficial for all of us.

Good Luck!

Just my 3 cents: I tried to solo him on my F2P paladin. You can't outrun him, and you need around A LOT of hit.
It will be hard to hold aggro while maintaining the avoidance. If you manage, this will be a great video.

Yepp, aggro is our only problem here. We're actually planning on tanking him still, so out-running him wont be an issue :) I have a set with 86% avoidance, 2.2k hp, roughly 1.8k armor (59% dmg reduction), 85% hit and a tad-bit of expertise just to make sure I can hit him (you can check my 10s armory in my sig too see the exact numbers xD). He hits me around every 8-9 hits (the others I dodge/parry) and deals around 1.9k dmg, our healers are great so they can get me right back up to 100% hp again before the next hit comes.

Because getting initial aggro is gonna be hard, I am actually going to duel one of our healers and get 100 rage before pulling him. Like that I can spam heroic strike/grenades to get the most aggro possible in the first few seconds of the encounter :)

And thanks! I am really looking forward to this! The video will be from my perspective (tank) so I hope thats fine!

don't play 10s but this looks like one of the coolest things to happen in twinking in some time. wish you all luck!!

I have a set with 86% avoidance, 2.2k hp, roughly 1.8k armor (59% dmg reduction), 85% hit and a tad-bit of expertise just to make sure I can hit him (you can check my 10s armory in my sig too see the exact numbers xD). He hits me around every 8-9 hits (the others I dodge/parry) and deals around 1.9k dmg

Hmm, this is very interesting. My guild and I have been raiding content at lower levels than intended (50/70/80/85) and through experimenting we determined that your dodge and parry chance both get reduced by 1.5% for each level above you that the mob/boss is. However, this can't be the case if you're avoiding the majority of hits from a level 70 as a level 10, so now I'm wondering if there's a cap on that reduction or if it scales differently at lower levels.

Anyway, I wish you luck with this project :) The spell and melee hit caps should be 95% and 93% respectively if our other tests/calculations were correct (not sure about expertise though, possibly the same as the melee hit cap?).

Users who are viewing this thread