EU+US Dice toys pickpocketing

aislingyngaio

Grandfathered
Specifically, I'm talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=36862/worn-troll-dice , http://www.wowhead.com/item=63269/loaded-gnomish-dice , http://www.wowhead.com/item=36863 . I'm looking to pickpocket em just cuz (lol) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any place that's as safe as Tomb of Lights in Talador? As in, plenty of scripted battles with little to no chance of dying / getting aggro? I'm currently doing Snowdrift Plains in Storm Peaks but given the mobs will actually aggro you (before gettting engaged by the local friendlies) as well as being super slow to spawn (about 3 every 3 min or so), I'm looking for some better locations lol. I'm eyeing Thundermar - Bloodgulch river for the Loaded Dice but if there's a better Cata location for that one, I'd love to know too.

Get a high level to pull them then pickpocket

Worn Troll Dice and Decahedral Dwarven Dice, according to wowhead, drop from WOTLK mobs (levels 70-80 range) and Loaded Gnomish Dice drops from Cataclysm mobs (80-85 range). Those facts alone hint that it's unfortunately unlikely that a level 20 rogue will be able to pickpocket them before getting aggroed.

More precisely:
*Does Pick Pocket have a chance to miss (like most other abilities)? Or is it an ability like taunts, which can't miss? Pick pocket doesn't miss.

*Yellow-health-bar mobs may work, if you can find them. As for red-health-bar mobs...

*Stealth-effectiveness limit: the level difference (20 compared to 70-80 for WOLK or 80-85 for Cata) is likely too high to able to pickpocket them solo. I know a 20 rogue, whether stealthed or not, will be aggroed if they're seen by a mob in front of them within 40 yards (in-game) ahead, no differently than a non-stealthed F2P (link is to a rangedisplay addon, which I've found useful as a F2P in high level zones, among other situations/contexts).
40 yd range or less from mob=aggro. Also, if you can see a mob/person's health bars, you're within 40 yd range to that mob/person, and thus seeable/detectable by mob/person. Note: similar situation also applies for high-l.
Best chance is from behind, where stealth can reduce the radius some, though I don't know if stealth will reduce the aggro radius-range from behind to within pick-pocket range (which is less than the range of Sap, or less than 10 yards).
If stealth-from-behind isn't enough to reduce aggro range, a higher level (whether to CC or hold aggro) is likely necessary.

Last edited:
Well the place I'm at now, snowdrift plains, the friendly mobs there can actually hold aggro once they start attacking the pickpocket targets. It just takes a godawful long time for each mob to respawn, hence me asking if there's a place ala Tomb of Lights in Northrend / Cata. I've tried the zone between Conquest and Amberpine in Grizzly, but the enemies WILL make us break stealth. Also, Drakon Hold (Grizzly) and the area northeast of K3 (Storm Peaks) both have steady streams of mobs... with no pockets rip.

On Cata, one possible area that comes to mind is the area between the Alliance and Horde base at the end of the Twilight Highlands delta, where Horde and Ally NPCs are skirmishing each other (also around a PvP objective for that zone). Granted, it takes awhile for the skirmishing NPCs there to kill each other and refresh, and an occasional lone-wolf red that won a skirmish (or wasn't fighting) may aggro.

Users who are viewing this thread