Consensus on Cataclysm Classic Brackets

Kamandi888

Royal Member
Good day,

I twinked a bit back in the very early days of WoW and loved 29s during WOTLK, and I have twinks in Classic in 19s, but for me twinking really began when Cata popped.

At first I did the "disposable hero" approach by stacking heirlooms/greens on a level 10 and running in non XP OFF bgs until I hit 19, then started over. I then joined a 24 bracket guild, and by Panda and WoD was in a 29s guild, rolling those crazy monk tank builds.

The question---

Seeing as F2P almost certainly will not happen, which will be the most popular brackets outside of 19s?

Appreciate the input. I am currently building up stock piles of chants and gear on Pagle (A) and Mankrik (H).

Thanks!

K

80-84 because it's the new pvp leveling bracket.

Wow's population is spread so thin now
1. Classic
2. Era
3. Season
4. Retail
5. Hardcore
6. Plunderstorm
7. Remix

I doubt much will exist besides 15-19 and 80-84. And even then I'm skeptical of 19's queue times for US. EU seems to have the higher activity though.

I was thinking the big expansion of viable specs in Cata would increase 29s.

Shadow Priests with Shadow Form, Pallies with some actual burst, droods droods droods, etc.

Also Panda will be a serious classic expansion and people would be jumping in now in anticipation of that xpac.

Maybe wishful thinking!

20-24 allows for mounts and that might be a draw.

I will be making some dedicated 10s (to see what haste and damage scaling is like, and some 14s, as well as a 29 drood, hunter and s-priest.

Already made some spreadsheets on BiS for 10s and 14s and 24s, 29s.

Asharza has some good (H) items for 14s and (A) gets some blues.

KIll night elves!

10-14s #1

Every "I started playing WoW in Cata so I'm gonna try classic Cata out" new comer will queue up for bgs as soon as they reach lvl 10 to relive that Cataclysm nostalgia.

And they will fucking perish to my level 10 twink. Once again I will reign over the 10-14 bracket mercilessly slaughtering all in sight. Why? Because. That's my nostalgia. And apparently no one is twinking 10s apart from 10 or so people. And once everyone else sees how powerful we are in Cata, it will be too late to get the current OP gear 10s have access to.

Fuck 80-84s. 19s won't ever have anything on me ever again. F2ps won't exist. 10-14 will be popping full of levelers 24h7 3 min queues. LETS GOOOOOOO

Sponsor is back baby

WoWScrnShot_032424_130822.jpg

when brackets were split 29s rerolled to 24. in MOP and WOD 29s were not a thing, brackets were split till legion

in van CATA, prior to F2P the main brackets were 19 and 70s, all other brackets did failed revivals. after F2P started and 19s complained about F2P 19s and got the XP off option removed for them. this caused the 20-29 bracket to explode...until brackets were split the most active brackets were 20-24 and 70s, with 19s severely declined to certain times and nights

with classic CATA, based on what blizzard did in classic WOTLK, what happened and affected twinks will not occur in classic CATA. also during van CATA was BC capped that's why 70s was a thing originally. it's up to the players to decide

Last edited:
80-84 because it's the new pvp leveling bracket.

Wow's population is spread so thin now
1. Classic
2. Era
3. Season
4. Retail
5. Hardcore
6. Plunderstorm
7. Remix

I doubt much will exist besides 15-19 and 80-84. And even then I'm skeptical of 19's queue times for US. EU seems to have the higher activity though.

fully agree, i consider anything other than retail the same as playing a private server or other games.

I can't see them keeping the x0-x4 brackets this time around. They didn't keep XP on/off separation in WotLK because of the same issue of population & queue times.

Will current characters on WotLK servers be changed to Cata servers like they did before with BC? Or will they just kill the LK servers and you have to roll a new toon on a Cata server? I haven't played anything but Hard Core lately, but I miss the PvP aspect and I'd love to make a twink again. My poor retail 20's are gathering dust.

Unfortunately, people tend to have fond memories of favorite activities, not remembering the negatives. Cata twinking started us on the trend we are on now, in terms of low level game play issues/balance. In cata, the following happened for 29s:

1. Hunters with Aimed Shot, Explosive Shot, and Nailspitter(GF and bumped to ilvl45) 1 shotting everything.

2. Rogues with Ambush killing players from stealth. Rogues with skullbreaker (Iul, skillbreaker, becomes agi weapon ilvl 45 in cata, also GF) killing people inside cheap shot.

3. Enhance shaman - globaling people with Skullbreaker (again, more GF lulz) on Storm Strikes.

4. Disc priest becoming the new Hot DPS spec with huge penance crits while moving. Zealot's Robe was also GF and ilvl 45. Not a weapon, but offered great stats for a level 29.

5. Deadman's Hand made a huge difference in combat for anyone wearing one. Also GF.

6. Mara had a quest that would auto accept upon zone in and level 29s could get a great item from it, choosing between gloves, boots, pants, shield, and shoulder, with options for nearly any class/spec. In Cata, these items are ilvl 39 and allow for higher level enchants.

7. Gearing a twink is significantly easier with BoAs covering half the gear slots, but grandfathered items make all the difference. Class choice, also makes all the difference. I would say spec matters more in Cata, but if you join a game with hunters and rogues prevalent, spec won't matter much from the GY.

The stand-out part to me: Some of these things are still true now, on live, in this bracket. Healing specs do more dps than dps specs from the same class. Hunters still 1 shot with Aimed Shot. Other classes are now 1 shotting too, shamans, druids, warlocks, but it's mostly a 20s vs 29 thing imo. Still mind boggling to see a resto druid hitting players harder than a feral druid.

Anyway, enjoy the repeat of whatever brokeness makes it to Cata Classic. See you in Retail.

I haven't played retail since WoD and this "in MOP and WOD 29s were not a thing" is a false statement.
thing is based on your opinion

12+ years ago in van-CATA after the split. the thing to me is BG brackets based on activity and 24/7 BG pops. nothing i said was false

x9 levels or brackets trying to maintain their thing by scheduling a few games, certain BGs, at certain times, one night maybe a lucky second night...i do not consider this a thing. having a 29 guild imo did not make 29s a thing in van-CATA or MOP. 19s did the same thing after the split, a thing to them is not a thing to me. alot of x9's like 79s that were a thing in CATA pre-split were no longer a thing after the split. twinks queing into WSG xpon to farm kills and leave before caps or end. imo not a thing.

in 2024 there are communties, guilds, etc. of various levels 10, 19, 20, 29, 30. BG wise imo there is no more thing PVP/BG wise, but it's a thing in building, perfecting, PVE running.

10-14s #1

Every "I started playing WoW in Cata so I'm gonna try classic Cata out" new comer will queue up for bgs as soon as they reach lvl 10 to relive that Cataclysm nostalgia.

And they will fucking perish to my level 10 twink. Once again I will reign over the 10-14 bracket mercilessly slaughtering all in sight. Why? Because. That's my nostalgia. And apparently no one is twinking 10s apart from 10 or so people. And once everyone else sees how powerful we are in Cata, it will be too late to get the current OP gear 10s have access to.

Fuck 80-84s. 19s won't ever have anything on me ever again. F2ps won't exist. 10-14 will be popping full of levelers 24h7 3 min queues. LETS GOOOOOOO

Sponsor is back baby

View attachment 24145
My horde toons are on Mankrik -- I have three 14s almost done. My rogue is complete -- finishing hunter and drood. I am stockpiling chants and gear. My priest is going 29s. Maybe a 29 rogue.

Unfortunately, people tend to have fond memories of favorite activities, not remembering the negatives. Cata twinking started us on the trend we are on now, in terms of low level game play issues/balance. In cata, the following happened for 29s:

1. Hunters with Aimed Shot, Explosive Shot, and Nailspitter(GF and bumped to ilvl45) 1 shotting everything.

2. Rogues with Ambush killing players from stealth. Rogues with skullbreaker (Iul, skillbreaker, becomes agi weapon ilvl 45 in cata, also GF) killing people inside cheap shot.

3. Enhance shaman - globaling people with Skullbreaker (again, more GF lulz) on Storm Strikes.

4. Disc priest becoming the new Hot DPS spec with huge penance crits while moving. Zealot's Robe was also GF and ilvl 45. Not a weapon, but offered great stats for a level 29.

5. Deadman's Hand made a huge difference in combat for anyone wearing one. Also GF.

6. Mara had a quest that would auto accept upon zone in and level 29s could get a great item from it, choosing between gloves, boots, pants, shield, and shoulder, with options for nearly any class/spec. In Cata, these items are ilvl 39 and allow for higher level enchants.

7. Gearing a twink is significantly easier with BoAs covering half the gear slots, but grandfathered items make all the difference. Class choice, also makes all the difference. I would say spec matters more in Cata, but if you join a game with hunters and rogues prevalent, spec won't matter much from the GY.

The stand-out part to me: Some of these things are still true now, on live, in this bracket. Healing specs do more dps than dps specs from the same class. Hunters still 1 shot with Aimed Shot. Other classes are now 1 shotting too, shamans, druids, warlocks, but it's mostly a 20s vs 29 thing imo. Still mind boggling to see a resto druid hitting players harder than a feral druid.

Anyway, enjoy the repeat of whatever brokeness makes it to Cata Classic. See you in Retail.
Nice hat...

Disc priest becoming the new Hot DPS spec with huge penance crits while moving

Hmm my priest on beta right now can't cast penance while moving. Looks like that didn't happen until MOP Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned as a Major glyph (was Prime): Increases the mana cost of Penance by 20% but allows Penance to be cast while moving.Previous version: Reduces the cooldown of Penance by 2 sec

Deadman's is not GF'd until MoP.

Users who are viewing this thread