Class Tuning Incoming -- December 6

Loveto

Legend
https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/topic/us/class-tuning-incoming-december-6-1427974

Can you guess? :KEKW:

Some snippets:

Hunter
  • Marksmanship
    • All damage increased by 10%.
  • Survival
    • All damage increased by 5%.
Mage
  • Fire
    • Flamestrike damage increased by 8%.
    • Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.
    • Fireball damage increased by 10%.
    • Scorch damage increased by 10%.
    • Ignite damage increased by 5%.
Shaman
  • Restoration
    • All healing spells healing increased by 5%.

Player versus Player
  • DK slight nerfs
  • Frost mage slight buffs
  • Arms warrior buffs

"We’re finalizing additional tuning, and we will continue to keep an eye on class balance over the next week, as we have additional adjustments planned for the week of December 13 (the beginning of Season 1)."

Wow, I ate a 3.4K Arcane Shot recently which was preceded by an Aimed Shot…..
Can’t wait for the extra 10% :kekD:

Though, why they gotta kick DK’s in the nuts with PvP tuning COPIUM

The amount of dmg that a 29 resto shaman can do is ridiculous. I get two shot at 8k health, 40% vers + def stance.

Wow, I ate a 3.4K Arcane Shot recently which was preceded by an Aimed Shot…..
Can’t wait for the extra 10% :kekD:

Though, why they gotta kick DK’s in the nuts with PvP tuning COPIUM

They buffed mm hunters again because it's a D-tier class in raids and M+ actually a much needed buff but it hurts for the 20's :KEKW:

They buffed mm hunters again because it's a D-tier class in raids and M+ actually a much needed buff but it hurts for the 20's :KEKW:

Since SL released over 2 years ago at least, hunters in MM and Surv specs have been buffed a flat 5-15% on at least 7-8 occasions while maybe only eating nerfs on set bonuses and other specific items.

at some point I feel like Blizz needs to point the finger back at the people pressing buttons behind the screen as to why they’re not performing :KEKW:

It’s gotta be systemic of the people who play the class

/s

as far as 20s are concerned Buffs that just add to "winning more" don't really matter.. .you could buff hunter damage by 50%... they don't need the help so it would just be unnoticed, since they are still just off in la-la land damage wise already.

blizz balance priority is M+, 3s, and M raids. the first 2 for MDI and AWC tourneys they run., they also use inputs from RWF raiders which many are also Alpha and early beta raid testers along with some influencers

blizzard based on whatever data or influencer input or lack/overage of a DPS class representation predom always buffs/nerfs damage. hunters are mostly absent from high level content because having a +leech pet, exhil, shell, etc. is not enough sustain to keep them up in the fast yo yo HP slams, constant dots, aoe, curses, affixes etc in raid/M+.

as twinks in 20-29 we do not see this fragility in BGs or lack of use, where at max level raiding overall the best BM hunter in the game is a demo lock, best MM hunter is a destro lock (started to happen at low level in SL), a surv is a UDK both have ranged dots, pets, and melee heals. at max though a UDK is better than a surv, but in 20-29 a surv will wipe a UDK with ease

in BFA blizzard did alot of constant damage buffs to arc mages which impacted 20-29 making the spec seriously viable and somewhat OP due to lack of representation at high end where the fire mage ruled due damage and having sustain heals. i remember doing some WGs at max level wondering how fire mages were in top ten healers with 0-2 deaths. all the arc buffs fixed nothing at max level. we saw the impact at at low levels. arc was best mage with spam missiles

overkill design in raids and M+ to has caused a yo yo HP problem for blizzard.. top guilds, even PUGs heaviiy use hybrids or reliable sustain classes to lessen the issue, but it's now to the point where healers are needed only in a few severe cases. less deaths = more DPS = boss kills, so based on SL and spec use in PVE, blizzard in DF has handed out even more heal abilities, stam, heal passives, absorbs, damage negation to non hybrids that imo should not have them. this may be causing less hunter representation? so blizzard buffs damage. in DF few months buffs damage again, in DF hunters i hope we do not go through a a BFA arc mage type damage buff cycle? hope not.

If they just raised f2p cap to 30, it would open up so many doors.

They just need to design a system that is not all in on one giant slider for balance.

the way it is now, leve1 is on the right side and level 70 is on the left side... then they can just move the slider right or left to effect all damage in the game for a class... they just need to add some stop gaps to the bar (basically at every 10 levels) so they can adjust the damage at 70 with out effecting level 10, 20, 30 etc... but that requires effort or caring about leveling/caring about your game.

It's easy to not care about leveling in a game as old as WoW... but, it is still a huge aspect of the game, you would think they would at least attempt to care about it.

It's easy to not care about leveling in a game as old as WoW... but, it is still a huge aspect of the game, you would think they would at least attempt to care about it.
I’m not sure this is true anymore. People cruised from 60 to 70 in an evening.

WoW is leaving the traditional MMO model behind. i think it’s fairly accurate to say that in intent and design, leveling is vestigial. It’s really just another number that goes up because if it didn’t go up, people would be very angry.

so id genuinely expect to see them exhibit less and less concern about numbers 1-60, even as it completely falls apart. The solution is increasingly “lets just get them past it asap” rather than worry about fussing over 15 year old content

Probably correct as less and less "actual new players" sign up for WoW.

I would like to know how many people that have never tried WoW ever (at any point) sign up each year.

I do feel though, its just simple data basing to fix everything... a team of 5 guys could go though every item in WoW ever and set them correctly in a week... when you are just altering numbers I feel like it is "just not giving a fuck" if its not done.

I'm honestly still surprised they haven't gone the Final Fantasy route of raising the F2P level cap to 60. That just makes so much sense.

WOW has three separate classic games, base game (up to SL) with out DF for sub fee no game purchase required. making retail F2P to 30 or higher probably would affect the money they earn or still see no need, if it was raised to 60 would they allow base game plus 8 expacs for free? or copy FF14 where only the base game and first expac is allowed, but not the next three.

I’m not sure this is true anymore. People cruised from 60 to 70 in an evening.

WoW is leaving the traditional MMO model behind. i think it’s fairly accurate to say that in intent and design, leveling is vestigial. It’s really just another number that goes up because if it didn’t go up, people would be very angry.

so id genuinely expect to see them exhibit less and less concern about numbers 1-60, even as it completely falls apart. The solution is increasingly “lets just get them past it asap” rather than worry about fussing over 15 year old content

Considering that WoW's entire shift was in the direction of instanced content, making M+ and Raiding it's main focus, i would argue you're completely correct. Leveling is not just vestigial, it's irrelevant. it doesn't need to be, but it's Blizzard's decision with their game.

Reactions: Bop
I'm honestly still surprised they haven't gone the Final Fantasy route of raising the F2P level cap to 60. That just makes so much sense.
This certainly makes sense but also like... not altering it makes sense too. 20s a fine level to stop at. Its an insane amount of content.

And I think they know how much of their player base just treats the game as a collection accumulation game. They gotta know if they included raids in free content (especially if that free game is just what... a month behind the paid game right now?) that they'd lose a ton of subs.

Users who are viewing this thread