EU+US Choosing what to play...

Leveling my warrior to 99 and was wondering if fury is any good for pvp or is arms superior?

I haven't seen too many 99 twink warriors so I'm not really sure. The only one I play with is prot. IMO go with whichever one has the most self-healing and survivability.
Thanks for the feedback, I went with fury. I enjoy the playstyle. Still need to grind gear and what not. I'm currently horde on Zul'Jin server and don't mind faction changing but was wondering what faction or if there is a guild on a certain server that 99s are on.

Arms is really strong in my experience, sorry i was late on the input. =/

"grinding gear" is as simple as doing the 4 quest zones, there's nothing else need be done to function very well in BG beyond getting your atifact to a reasonable level. Fury trait choices didnt impress me much, if i recall... so even that might not be a pressing thing.

Arms is really strong in my experience, sorry i was late on the input. =/

"grinding gear" is as simple as doing the 4 quest zones, there's nothing else need be done to function very well in BG beyond getting your atifact to a reasonable level. Fury trait choices didnt impress me much, if i recall... so even that might not be a pressing thing.
Np thanks for your input. I tried arms and preferred the playstyle of fury better. Might not be the best but I have fun at it. I wasn't to impressed with the artifact traits for fury either.

Is there a horde or alliance guild on particular server I should be interested in joining with 99s?

Np thanks for your input. I tried arms and preferred the playstyle of fury better. Might not be the best but I have fun at it. I wasn't to impressed with the artifact traits for fury either.

Is there a horde or alliance guild on particular server I should be interested in joining with 99s?

Below Me on Skywall has the most 99 members that I know of. I seem to be the only active one as of late though. But to be fair, other members have been playing their "mains". So it's not like they stopped playing WoW or anything like that.

TBH, being in a twink guild doesn't provide much benefit. If you want to group up with 99 twinks just add them as friends and group up with them when you're both on. The only real benefit you'll get is if you're on the same server as a bunch of other twinks. That way when grinding for BoEs you'll be able to trade with others when you get a BoE you don't need but someone else does.

As for choosing horde or alliance, do whatever you want. But I will say that alliance queues are usually shorter.

Below Me on Skywall has the most 99 members that I know of. I seem to be the only active one as of late though. But to be fair, other members have been playing their "mains". So it's not like they stopped playing WoW or anything like that.

TBH, being in a twink guild doesn't provide much benefit. If you want to group up with 99 twinks just add them as friends and group up with them when you're both on. The only real benefit you'll get is if you're on the same server as a bunch of other twinks. That way when grinding for BoEs you'll be able to trade with others when you get a BoE you don't need but someone else does.

As for choosing horde or alliance, do whatever you want. But I will say that alliance queues are usually shorter.
I was actually thinking about just adding active ppl to btag myself after asking about guilds. As an alliance member do you notice more alliance or horde twinks in your battlegrounds? As far as horde or alliance, it doesn't bother me with what faction I play. I'd like to que up with other twinks and not solo with randoms preferably. Miles#12223 is my btag.

I was actually thinking about just adding active ppl to btag myself after asking about guilds. As an alliance member do you notice more alliance or horde twinks in your battlegrounds? As far as horde or alliance, it doesn't bother me with what faction I play. I'd like to que up with other twinks and not solo with randoms preferably. Miles#12223 is my btag.

Alliance seems to have more 99 twinks right now. Some would advocate for a balance between 99 twinks on horde and alliance, but if all you care about is steam rolling the other side because your team is stacked with twinks then go with alliance. And believe me, you will stream roll.

Alliance seems to have more 99 twinks right now. Some would advocate for a balance between 99 twinks on horde and alliance, but if all you care about is steam rolling the other side because your team is stacked with twinks then go with alliance. And believe me, you will stream roll.
Well I definitely don't wanna be steam rolled 24/7, doesn't sound fun at all. Thanks for the info, still got plenty of gear to get before I do bg's regularly.

Any more input on warriors? I've leveled my lil gnome into the 20s just to get a taste again but it's so hard to tell at low levels. I still have my 90-boost from WoD unused but am gun-shy to use it. Been thinking of Boomkin but the warrior class is calling to me for some reason....!

My afflic lock is tons of fun at 99 but I need another project.

Any more input on warriors? I've leveled my lil gnome into the 20s just to get a taste again but it's so hard to tell at low levels. I still have my 90-boost from WoD unused but am gun-shy to use it. Been thinking of Boomkin but the warrior class is calling to me for some reason....!

My afflic lock is tons of fun at 99 but I need another project.

Was playing with a fury warrior recently. I can't recall his name. I think it had special characters in it. I don't know too much about warriors but he seemed to do well enough in iPvP. On the other hand, I've also faced other twink warriors on the horde side. It was hard to tell if his cooldowns were all used up or what, but I wrecked him pretty hard when I was able to get a 1v1 with him.

IMO just play whatever you think will be the most fun.

Well I think I am gonna have to rule out Fury. That off-hand sound is SO annoying and so frequent. I was playing my lock last night and it sounded like I was being hit with a wet towel every time a Fury Warrior attacked....

Well I think I am gonna have to rule out Fury. That off-hand sound is SO annoying and so frequent. I was playing my lock last night and it sounded like I was being hit with a wet towel every time a Fury Warrior attacked....
Fury doesn't function in PvP as well as it could before level 110 and honor levels. Arms on the other hand is a solid choice for every bracket, imo. At 99 you would have your burst (Warbreaker, Battle Cry, Avatar, Racial if you have one) And the Deadly Calm talent which would increase your burst significantly. Also 2 Mortal Strikes or Focused Rage spec, both of which are quite viable. http://puu.sh/tXt8v/31f13fa298.jpg This is personally what I would use.
Warriors get fucked rather easily by mages, locks and paladins, but otherwise it should be fine. That's my general advice, don't know much about 99 warriors but would guess it would be close to that experience.
On the other hand, I have a 99 boomkin, and it sure is a lot of fun. It can AoE melt pretty easily and it's really strong in wPvP. Would just wish for more survivability since it's so squishy if you can't run (instance soloing).

Got my warrior into the mid 90s now and flipped back and forth between Arms and Fury last night. Fury seems a bit more fun. Gosh, such a tough decision when you get locked into the artifact. Gosh.

Got my warrior into the mid 90s now and flipped back and forth between Arms and Fury last night. Fury seems a bit more fun. Gosh, such a tough decision when you get locked into the artifact. Gosh.
I was torn between fury and arms and I chose fury. I do plenty fine as fury usually top 3 in bg's on dmg. I'm currently playing my frost mage and getting gear on it, but you had mentioned boomkin. Boomkin is probably if not the most op in 99s. Like Phil said, play what you like unless op is your thing then I'd think about going boomy.

My afflic lock has almost finished the fourth zone for all the 800 pieces and I have a few of the crafted 715s. As far as casters go, I love the mobility, self-heals, and bubble. I've seen downright nasty Boomkins in the bracket and may make one some day but.... I just had a hankering for a warrior. Now, I just don't wanna eff up the decision when I've gotten a toon to this level. I'll live with the fact that warrior may not be the uberest class in this bracket but I'll choke if I pick Fury and Arms is the way I should have gone.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated! I'll likely try both specs some more tonight before settling on one.

Hey OJ, what path did you take on your Fury artifact? I am thinking of not bothering to go for a golden trait. Thoughts?

Are you guys on crack? Fury is insane if played right and god mode if you have a healer. I've never seen an Arma top kbs or dmg. Nearly impossible to beat a good fury in those catagories as any melee spec, and even most ranged

Users who are viewing this thread