Anyone notice how different everything is in 7.1?

Dorado

Grandfathered
Low to mid level ability placement is wildly different compared to now. Is Blizz actually trying to balance low level pvp for the first time ever?

Also wtf @ flash heal for disc priests... hope that's a datamining error or something.

Last edited:
they split some abilities into multiple ranks so they can give a weaker version to lower levels. while the same ability is unchanged at end game. and they also moved around the level requirements of a lot of other abilites but im not sure if that makes them more balanced or not

Looks like 39/49 Ret came out the winner since they kept all their damage (plus hotfix buffs) and defense but got more mobility with Blessing of Freedom at 38 instead of 52. Its going to be a nightmare trying to 1v1 them with any other class.

Low to mid level ability placement is wildly different compared to now. Is Blizz actually trying to balance low level pvp for the first time ever?

Also wtf @ flash heal for disc priests... hope that's a datamining error or something.

I thought they didnt even get Flash Heal at 19. From the picture I saw it was just Penance (when spec'd into healing) and bubble.

Not stoked on losing Thunderstorm, 100% crit on Lava Burst or losing dispell as Resto... BUT, I get Earthbind and Wind Shear back, so thats a plus.

Warrior still shit at low lv.

Well, at least i get Harpoon and Freezing Trap on my 19 hunter.

gonna see even more rogues zzz

Why? they lose evasion and that other thing outlaw instead at lv10-19.

That's kinda the only reason i even die to them in the first place.

Im happy with Wild Call at 20. Aspect of the Wild needed too much skill anyway.​

Why? they lose evasion and that other thing outlaw instead at lv10-19.

That's kinda the only reason i even die to them in the first place.

I would imagine because, generally speaking of coarse, people that play rogues are known to be non-objective players.
They are not in in for the team aspect or to win. They are merely there for themselves. Now, that isn't to say all rogue players act this way.

they split some abilities into multiple ranks so they can give a weaker version to lower levels. while the same ability is unchanged at end game. and they also moved around the level requirements of a lot of other abilites but im not sure if that makes them more balanced or not

All abilities used to have ranks. But it was deemed too complex for the newer players to grasp and was eventually simplified to the system we have today.
I can recall using different tiered healing spells during Vanilla raids so I would not run out of mana. A healer would only use a heal high enough just to heal the player up to full, not over, so as to not waste any precious mana. They game was a LOT more complex then.

To be a great rogue you gotta have patience, timing, positioning, and courage. Rogues changes in 7.1 mean they will be opener heavy- more than ever before. Rogues post 7.1 will not do well vs other melee without defensives, which will make being a successful rogue more difficult.

All abilities used to have ranks. But it was deemed too complex for the newer players to grasp and was eventually simplified to the system we have today.
I can recall using different tiered healing spells during Vanilla raids so I would not run out of mana. A healer would only use a heal high enough just to heal the player up to full, not over, so as to not waste any precious mana. They game was a LOT more complex then.
yes and we had to pay gold to the trainer to learn new skills. i could never get enough gold to learn all the skills. i didnt play for long before quitting back then

yes and we had to pay gold to the trainer to learn new skills. i could never get enough gold to learn all the skills. i didnt play for long before quitting back then

Had to go back to a major city to learn your abilities too every time you leveled. It is quite odd that people are so enamored over Vanilla WoW. Considering the issues it had.

Bruh how nub were you even.

Users who are viewing this thread