39 Premades Discussion

anatomyx

Legend
Hello, I'd like to have a discussion to gauge interest on 10v10 premades for the 39 bracket.

For people who do not know me, I have been a twink player since BC and I've played at 19, 29, 39, 49, 70, 85 and 99 throughout my years of playing. I'm probably most known for "competitive" twinking, as I lead the most dominant 70 rbg/arena guild <xxmd nation> throughout the end of Cata up until 70s died out from MoP, and I am one of the leaders of the guild <jesus christ marie> who recently played in the 19 twink cup.

Myself and members of my guild(s) who are migrating to 39 (several of whom are well known 39 players) for the revival attempt are very interested in the potential competitive aspect that 39 can provide. I have also spoken to some friends of mine in <Waka Flocka Seagulls>, who are a guild from 19 planning to play 39s, and they have expressed interest in playing games against my team when we are both prepared for 10v10s.

That being said, I'd like to see what other members of the community think of this idea behind premade organization and a competitive scene in 39s. I'm an extremely strong believer in the idea that competitive play is what causes a twink bracket to truly flourish, so I'd like to do whatever I can to help bring it here. I feel that by bringing a premade scene to 39s it will help gather even more interest in the bracket, especially from players who were maybe on the fence about joining or who have not been that interested due to the limited play times that typically happen here.

Anyway, if you have an opinion on the subject, good or bad, please leave a post. I hope other members of the 39 community will consider the idea so we can have a higher chance of making the revival of the bracket succeed. Thanks.

It's a great idea, anything that can boost 39 activity is great. The only thing is that if the idea is unsuccessful it can have a reverse effect, if a planned event goes by without a game being played or one team dominates another team extremely bad....it can lead to people giving up on the bracket and going back to 29s or something. I think that if we get some help from the MODs we can do great to make the bracket flourish but the MODs have already expressed their concern for 39s taking from 19s.
On a positive note I can see that if we ramp up more and more interest and hype after saturday and see the revival crazy successful, which I think it will be. We will see more and more people coming to the bracket. We can then have wargames, guild v guild, random BGs and all that good stuff at more regular intervals!

You have to crawl before you can run. Take it one step at a time. Start off with 1 day for 3-4 hours. If it goes well 3 weeks. After you collected a ton of real ids of people who have been showing up have a discussion if 80% can agree on a 2nd night for 3-4 hours. Premading should be your goal eventually but have obtainable goals for the bracket:

1) 1 permanent night a week

2) a 2nd day added once first day has been established after 3-4 weeks.

3) an alternative can be instead of a 2nd day added the 2nd day would be for Premading.

** It's also helpful and a big plus, if people interested should have 39s on both sides to fill slots, imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'd like to have a discussion to gauge interest on 10v10 premades for the 39 bracket.

For people who do not know me, I have been a twink player since BC and I've played at 19, 29, 39, 49, 70, 85 and 99 throughout my years of playing. I'm probably most known for "competitive" twinking, as I lead the most dominant 70 rbg/arena guild <xxmd nation> throughout the end of Cata up until 70s died out from MoP, and I am one of the leaders of the guild <jesus christ marie> who recently played in the 19 twink cup.

Myself and members of my guild(s) who are migrating to 39 (several of whom are well known 39 players) for the revival attempt are very interested in the potential competitive aspect that 39 can provide. I have also spoken to some friends of mine in <Waka Flocka Seagulls>, who are a guild from 19 planning to play 39s, and they have expressed interest in playing games against my team when we are both prepared for 10v10s.

That being said, I'd like to see what other members of the community think of this idea behind premade organization and a competitive scene in 39s. I'm an extremely strong believer in the idea that competitive play is what causes a twink bracket to truly flourish, so I'd like to do whatever I can to help bring it here. I feel that by bringing a premade scene to 39s it will help gather even more interest in the bracket, especially from players who were maybe on the fence about joining or who have not been that interested due to the limited play times that typically happen here.

Anyway, if you have an opinion on the subject, good or bad, please leave a post. I hope other members of the 39 community will consider the idea so we can have a higher chance of making the revival of the bracket succeed. Thanks.

I think it's a great idea, the faster we introduce competitive games. The more we will see people in other brackets interested to play. I for one thinks 10vs10 is a great idea.

39 twink cup should be announced soon - this will bring activity and hopefully enough for pugs to pop every day

You have to crawl before you can run. Take it one step at a time. Start off with 1 day for 3-4 hours. If it goes well 3 weeks. After you collected a ton of real ids of people who have been showing up have a discussion if 80% can agree on a 2nd night for 3-4 hours. Premading should be your goal eventually but have obtainable goals for the bracket:

1) 1 permanent night a week

2) a 2nd day added once first day has been established after 3-4 weeks.

3) an alternative can be instead of a 2nd day added the 2nd day would be for Premading.

** It's also helpful and a big plus, if people interested should have 39s on both sides to fill slots, imo

While I agree with what you're saying, I think given the interest so far for the games this Saturday it's something we can discuss, as I'm positive games will be going and there may even end up being two at once the way things are looking.

The reason I'm jumping into this early is because generally queueing pug games can only hold peoples interest for so long, and that's when things die out. There's no real reason to continue playing week after week and things eventually get stale. Of course this is not true for every player as there are tons of players who enjoy casual pug matches, but there is definitely a large portion of players who like the higher level of play in premades.

If there is a premade scene planned/up and running, it adds that drive for the more competitive minded players to be active on queue nights to improve their play, which is a win-win for both casual and competitive players.

I have a dream

That 39s will play

Something more than just WSG

that is all.

#livingthedream

on a real note, 39s brings a lot to the table that 19s and 29s dont. 19s brings great competitiveness that 29s don't have. 29s brings 24/7 pops at the cost of FOTM 29 specs that ruins the fun of the bracket. 39s offers more class viability and balance of OP classes that are a reoccurring issue in the 29s bracket while also making un-viable specs from 19s/29s viable at 39. 39s also have the luxury of playing competitive gameplay outside of WSG. 39s have access to Silvershard Mines, Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas. While a lot of people are used to competitive gaming through WSG; 39s have the option to extend further than that within a community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumors on the street is that some members from GSC will be moving to 39's on US as well.

Don't see why the 20-29 bracket was skipped. There is already a player base already in place. There are already guilds there premading. Why in the world would an entire bracket be "remade" when one is already there waiting?
If we want another Twink Cup why not go to the largest bracket, not a smaller one and remake it with the same players from the other TC. It would be the same damn TC, but with 39's.
Many people in the 19's play both 19's and 29's already. Or came from the 29's to play 19's.

Sweetsidney

Don't see why the 20-29 bracket was skipped. There is already a player base already in place. There are already guilds there premading. Why in the world would an entire bracket be "remade" when one is already there waiting?
If we want another Twink Cup why not go to the largest bracket, not a smaller one and remake it with the same players from the other TC. It would be the same damn TC, but with 39's.
Many people in the 19's play both 19's and 29's already. Or came from the 29's to play 19's.

Sweetsidney

The 39s bracket has always had a swag factor that 29s is missing. Many of us are oldtime players of the bracket. Plus 29s has that aids reputation.

The 39s bracket has always had a swag factor that 29s is missing. Many of us are oldtime players of the bracket. Plus 29s has that aids reputation.

Who cares about "swag".
If EVERYONE goes to 29's then it will have the "swag" factor and the "AIDS" reputation will wither and die.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality
We are seeing it played out right now. I am telling you if fifteen influential people in this thread stated they were going to play 29's instead, the whole lot of you would go there. I beg of you all to prove me wrong.

Sweetsidney

Who cares about "swag".
If EVERYONE goes to 29's then it will have the "swag" factor and the "AIDS" reputation will wither and die.
We are seeing it played out right now. I am telling you if fifteen influential people in this thread stated they were going to play 29's instead, the whole lot of you would go there. I beg of you all to prove me wrong.

Sweetsidney

I beg you to stop posting.

Who cares about "swag".

Sweetsidney
Aren't you the one following the herd-mentality? "Let's go to the bracket that everyone else is playing!"

OT I think it will be way easier to comvince people to play competetive 39's than 29's. For the majority it will be like a fresh start, and for the rest it will be a happy reunion with their long loved bracket.

I have a dream That 39s will play Something more than just WSG that is all.
on a real note, 39s brings a lot to the table that 19s and 29s dont. 19s brings great competitiveness that 29s don't have. 29s brings 24/7 pops at the cost of FOTM 29 specs that ruins the fun of the bracket. 39s offers more class viability and balance of OP classes that are a reoccurring issue in the 29s bracket while also making un-viable specs from 19s/29s viable at 39. 39s also have the luxury of playing competitive gameplay outside of WSG. 39s have access to Silvershard Mines, Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas. While a lot of people are used to competitive gaming through WSG; 39s have the option to extend further than that within a community.
SOLD! This is a great post.

I'm going to level a SP. Any Guilds LFM?

Who cares about "swag".

Sweetsidney

39 will have far higher quality pugs

All of the leaders in Twinks Eat Twinkies also run a guild on Arthas Horde called Unique Item Addiction. We're about 30 strong with 7 or 8 active members. We are more than down to help get the ball rolling.
Zerkerjerker#1229

SOLD! This is a great post.

I'm going to level a SP. Any Guilds LFM?

We can't even get people to queue anything but WSG, it would be nice to get other maps.
Might even get a double rainbow on a Twink! Kek...

OT,
I will be posting the updated enchanted scaling charts today. Initially for it in the "guides" section.
Alas, it will not have 39 info on it. Just waiting for info...

Sweetsidney

All of the leaders in Twinks Eat Twinkies also run a guild on Arthas Horde called Unique Item Addiction. We're about 30 strong with 7 or 8 active members. We are more than down to help get the ball rolling.
Zerkerjerker#1228

Might I make a suggestion?

I've been through a number of these 39s revivals, even since the initial fade out. Been here for every. single. one. And here's what happens:

1) Revival announced! Hype! Day Selected! People show!
2) Games happen! MOAR HYPE! second day immediately selected!
3) Noone shows for second day and/or vast imbalance shows up
4) Disheartened, everyone assumes no one will show up for original day. Prophesy fulfills itself.
5) Revival dies in 3 weeks, after only a handful of hours of decent gameplay.

Can we maybe stick with say, saturday nights at 6pm for a month? Several months? Until games are starting early and runing well into sunday morning?

When we plan competitive play to up the ante a bit, can we start with 3v3 arena instead of trying to jump into full on, guild v guild premades right off the bat?

I want, more than anything, for 39s to succeed. Badly. Really badly. It would break my heart to see it start up again only to fade out in less than a month because we got greedy.

Users who are viewing this thread