20 Enhance - Playing for the Challenge

The majority of the bracket is F2P.
Natures Guardian can proc while you are casting a heal but when using SBT your totem will probably be dead while your casting that heal.

as a shaman i would not be concerned about the f2p's in the bracket. nor as any other type of p2p char, once again, f2p players are not a challenge. I would build for the challenge, which is the other 24s, not the f2ps. my point is against other 24s by the time you proc natures guardian you're 1hit from dead either way, to any other 24 lol making you no challenge and making it a useless talent tbh

truth is all 3 of the shaman talent choices suck, but stone bulwark is the least bad of the 3 to play against other 24s with, the f2ps should be easy anyway

truth is all 3 of the shaman talent choices suck, but stone bulwark is the least bad of the 3 to play against other 24s with, the f2ps should be easy anyway

as resto or ele ye but as enhancement you are more vurnable.

Are you saying that an enhancement shaman losing to a boomkin before patch 5.4 at level 19 twinks would be embarassing?

Yes, boomkins only heal is rejuv which is purgable and to use it he had shape out losing his 15% less damage, shaman has interrupt. shamans heals are cast and boomkin has no interrupt.

From my experience as enh, I think adding p2p wouldn't even make them terribly OP. They would still be killable, doing about the same dmg as f2p, hunters, but having to stay in tot. My recommendation is stacking haste and having double mongoose, along with movement speed on boots. There's not really a good point in enchanting any pure stam enchants once you're over about 1800. I'd definitely use some kind of mana pool booster in addition to ALWAYS leaving water shield up.

Even f2p enhancement would be completely viable if we only had frost shock.

Oh and nature's gaurdian or gtfo. Totem requires a GCD, passive oh shit talent every 30 sec does not.

Enh shaman will get shat on regardless, excepting games played against the worst of jajas. Your survivability just isn't there.

Yeah, but that would force the shaman to only use purge - they'd be stopping the boomkin from healing himself but wouldn't be able to do damage, while the boomkin's dots eat away at the shaman's health. Unlike at end game, low level enhance shamans lack overall burst which is why many people view it as a weak class. I just don't see enhance shamans being able to do enough damage in the short amount of time they have to kill the boomkin.

They do have healing surge but similar to prot paladins, they run out of mana pretty fast whereas the boomkin shouldn't have to worry about conserving mana.

mana enchant on chest and water shield. But ye u are right, if the boomy has a decent amount of hp he wont die unless he's afk.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

There is a reason why every single glad / rank one shaman using Nature Guardian over SBT, it's simple as that can you cast the totem while silenced / stuned / incapacitated / feared ? No, so you are forced to trinket to use the totem, while nature guardian proc auto...

Water Shield is at 20. 20-24 Enhance would have a chance of winning a drawn out duel, but it's ridiculous to say they should win at 19.

Ye without water shield that changes the outcome and I already withdrew my case.

If a boomkin dies to an enhance shaman, he's really bad.

I believe what started that discussion is this SS:
http://i.imgur.com/XXvv5iW.jpg

Was posted by a 19 enhance shaman giving some advice to the OP and was one of the SS he posted. It seems like he was banned, so this SS is the only one left on the site of his, was able to find it because Goesid quoted it on page 2.

Looks fairly obvious to me that the duel was forfeited almost instantly when WSG popped.

I believe what started that discussion is this SS:
http://i.imgur.com/XXvv5iW.jpg

Was posted by a 19 enhance shaman giving some advice to the OP and was one of the SS he posted. It seems like he was banned, so this SS is the only one left on the site of his, was able to find it because Goesid quoted it on page 2.

My bullshit meter is going off the charts with this ^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess that's probably what happened. I guess this just reinforces my earlier statement about how it's near impossible for an enhancement shaman to beat a boomkin at level 19 twinks.

Okay? Enough with you already, redundant ass clown.

Last edited by a moderator:
You fail to realize that we are talking about low level twinks, not end game.

The game mechanics aren't the same.

The fact that the totem is one shotable and has to be casted, doesn't change.

Because you haven't played the class at low level, you don't understand that whether the enhance shaman has water shield or not won't make a difference. The problem lies with boomkins being an OP class and enhancement shamans not being able to do enough damage in a short period of time to burst the boomkin down. Not having water shield only makes this situation worse at 19s.
[MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION] has played this class lol, look his sig.

And enhance shamans should be able to kill bdruids rather easily. Especially after 5.4 with their increased mana pool from enchant and 2x EF for almost viable dmg. The heal that one tick of Rejuv gives, should be able to be outdamaged before he can purge it.

Also watershield is a must if you wanna survive, even with the 188+ mana enchant they will go oom really fast, and mana shield should be able to keep up their mana for a whole fight.

Users who are viewing this thread