EU+US 101 Twink?

To build on what @DeLindsay has already said about 101s:
- You get 2 champions in your Order Hall and a couple of missions (including 150 and 165 AP ones). You can use one as a combat ally in the world (haven't tested yet but they can level higher than you).
- Can use the new gems and they don't scale down from 150 (or 200 for Saber's Eye)
- Can use the new enchants but they do scale down (Ring/Cloak: 200->75, Neck: 300->113 mastery)
- We can use the 375 food (not sure on stats, the 300 food scales down to 113), new flasks (1300->489) and potions.
- You can still get VP from Mythic Dungeons at 101 to upgrade your HFC mythic items.
- Highest relic you can get from questing is a +10 epic proc which you have 6 chances to get (1 green and 5 blues). The blues are +7, same as the dungeon drops (until WF is confirmed, in which case it would be +9).

As a tank I'm doing about 140k sustained single-target DPS (much higher aoe/burst) which has put me near the top in the 2 HFC mythic pugs I've done so far. Survival is ridiculous as blood with nearly 2mil hp unbuffed xD

Link to my armory :) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Aelixia/advanced
The jealousy of ur character is real XD also are you just made of gold lol like how do you get all your gold?

The jealousy of ur character is real XD also are you just made of gold lol like how do you get all your gold?
Tbh I had to buy a lot of it through WoW tokens to source all the items from other realms (WF + socket is still pretty rare, there was only 1 chest on EU at the time of me buying it).

More recently though, I took skinning on my 99 blood DK and solo farmed Stormscale from the crabs in Eye of Azshara. Got about 400 per run (before the nerf), could do 10 runs per hour if I was efficient and they sold for 10-15g each. So I was making somewhere around 24-48k per hour when I could be bothered. You can still make pretty decent gold from it - the prices went up (currently 19-23g each) but you only get ~100 per run with rank 3.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken ... every armor type has 4 slots which can get 835-850, right?

I'm trying to figure out, what my demon hunter should wear. Maybe someone else is interested or already has a twink.

Head: 725 Prof Proc or Draenor Raid
Neck: 850 BoE
Shoulder: 850 BoE
Cloak: 850 BoE
Chest: 850 BoE
Wrist: 850 BoE
Hands: 800 / 810 Quest
Waist: 800 / 810 Quest
Legs: 850 BoE
Feet: 800 Nightfallen Friendly
Ring1: 850 BoE
Ring2: 850 BoE
Trinket1: 850 BoE
Trinket2: 725 Prof Proc or Draenor Raid
Weapon: 764-770 Artifact
Average Item Level: 819 max

Did I miss something?

P.S.: Here comes a biggy!
If you are an int wearer leather, agility / int wearer mail or int wearer plate you can use the wrong armor class for even more 850 gear. The 5% loss is more than compensated through the higher item level. Even for me it comes really close to wearing cloth.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken ... every armor type has 4 slots which can get 835-850, right?

I'm trying to figure out, what my demon hunter should wear. Maybe someone else is interested or already has a twink.

Head: 725 Prof Proc or Draenor Raid
Neck: 850 BoE
Shoulder: 850 BoE
Cloak: 850 BoE
Chest: 850 BoE
Wrist: 850 BoE
Hands: 800 / 810 Quest
Waist: 800 / 810 Quest
Legs: 850 BoE
Feet: 800 Nightfallen Friendly
Ring1: 850 BoE
Ring2: 850 BoE
Trinket1: 850 BoE
Trinket2: 725 Prof Proc or Draenor Raid
Weapon: 764-770 Artifact
Average Item Level: 819 max

Did I miss something?

P.S.: Here comes a biggy!
If you are an int wearer leather, agility / int wearer mail or int wearer plate you can use the wrong armor class for even more 850 gear. The 5% loss is more than compensated through the higher item level. Even for me it comes really close to wearing cloth.

correct armor type and primary stat :
835-850 boes : 4 armor slots, neck, cloak, 2 rings, 1 trinket. total 9
800 quest rewards : 2 slots cos 2 overlaps with boes

leather + cloth int : 3 extra boes but replaces quest reward slots. total 12 boes, no quest rewards

mail + leather agi : 3 extra boes, replaces 1 quest reward. total 12 boes, 1 quest reward

mail + leather + cloth int (same if you add plate) : 4 extra boes, replaces both quest rewards. total 13 boes, no quest reward

wrong primary stat : you can equip another trinket with the wrong primary stat, but the on use/equip effect should still work for potentially all 14 slots boe

spend another 1.5 mil gold to make one
Don't tempt me! BM hunter could be pretty fun with the AF traits they have...

Edit: I just read this on Wowhead and now I'm wondering if the max ilvl potential of the BoE world drops will increase when new content is released:

• All gear has a base item level, and a diminishing chance to be a higher ilvl in increments of 5.
  • There is a max ilvl cap across all gear--around 850 for Legion launch, and going up to 895 for Nightmare.
  • Gear that rolls +15 ilvls above the base or higher has the Titanforged designation, instead of Warforged. Titanforged gear ranges from +15 above the base to whatever the max ilvl cap is. So in theory, an ilvl 835 LFR item has an 0.0000000001% chance to roll a +60 Titanforged ilvl 895 version.
  • All max level gear is part of this system, giving players the chance to find an upgrade no matter what content they do, however small that chance is.

Edit2: Did a bit of rough math - based on my DK's total strength, you'd lose about 644 primary stat by breaking your 5% armor bonus (a bit more in fact, since I don't have BiS HFC items yet). In return, as a Hunter you'd gain 925 primary stat (281 net gain), 1387 sta and 572 secondary stats (that's using only 2 leather items).

Last edited:
Don't tempt me! BM hunter could be pretty fun with the AF traits they have...

Edit: I just read this on Wowhead and now I'm wondering if the max ilvl potential of the BoE world drops will increase when new content is released:

Edit2: Did a bit of rough math - based on my DK's total strength, you'd lose about 644 primary stat by breaking your 5% armor bonus (a bit more in fact, since I don't have BiS HFC items yet). In return, as a Hunter you'd gain 925 primary stat (281 net gain), 1387 sta and 572 secondary stats (that's using only 2 leather items).
thats possible. so you can spend your 1.5 mil (probably more) gold on ilvl 895 boes when they come out

thats possible. so you can spend your 1.5 mil (probably more) gold on ilvl 895 boes when they come out
I might be crazy but I'm not that crazy! If it is the case, I'll probably skip a tier or wait until the last tier of the expansion. Those BoEs will be so much rarer though since it's the chance of getting many +5 ilvl rolls on top of each other, plus a socket.

Swapped my gems/enchants/ring from crit to versatility for more survival and changed my neck since going over 50% haste is kinda pointless due to GCD capping. New stats: 52% crit, 37% haste (I gain 10% from Bone Shield and 25% more when under BL), 39% blood mastery (26% AP), 34% damage/healing and 17% mitigation from versatility, nearly 10% leech and 31% parry :p

Edit: Today I learnt that the tanking dummies stop getting stronger at 255 stacks xD
cdZqiWW.jpg

Last edited:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/borean-tundra/Magicfreak/simple

I really want Prophecy of Fear.

Still a work in progress on terms of first trink/wrist/boots and the fact that the boes arent 850 WF.. but if what was said above is true that it can potentially titanforge then... well i wont be upgrading stuff for awhile. Lol. Still do quite a large amount of damage. Most I've ever bursted was like 410k and I usually sustain like 210k. 101 twinks are fun, gonna try either enhance or MM out next - since they can wear leather agi and mail boes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/borean-tundra/Magicfreak/simple

I really want Prophecy of Fear.

Still a work in progress on terms of first trink/wrist/boots and the fact that the boes arent 850 WF.. but if what was said above is true that it can potentially titanforge then... well i wont be upgrading stuff for awhile. Lol. Still do quite a large amount of damage. Most I've ever bursted was like 410k and I usually sustain like 210k. 101 twinks are fun, gonna try either enhance or MM out next - since they can wear leather agi and mail boes.
Enhance I think would be good you need neck chant too doesn't have to be the legion one you could use WoD one

Here's some mostly single-target dps. Averaged around 250-300k with CDs and procs. Not fully geared yet. Sitting at about 775 ilvl.

One other thought on 101s would be to actually level to 101 outside of the Broken Isles, to maximise your chances of epic procs on quest completions at 101. Also, to get the order hall upgrade for drop chance as soon as physically possible too, for the same reason....

One other thought on 101s would be to actually level to 101 outside of the Broken Isles, to maximise your chances of epic procs on quest completions at 101. Also, to get the order hall upgrade for drop chance as soon as physically possible too, for the same reason....

I just dungeoned until 101 (from 100) for those reasons. Helps at a shot at epic boes along the way.

Worth getting leather 835+ chest over mail 800 chest for my hunter? I'll miss the 5% primary stat increase. I'm considering it. Armor difference isnt much at all lol.

edit: is it 5% for each mail piece of gear? Or just having the full set?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread