Zone-specific non-boss gear

solvogero

Legend
From a suggestion on one of yesterday's threads. Here's a list of zone-specific gear dropped from non-bosses (the list isn't near as long as I initially thought it'd be.).

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Deadmines[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shadowfang Keep[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blackfathom Deeps[/font]

Matter of opinion if it should be on the list as only a few mobs drop it, but Silk-Threaded Trousers are a Zone drop in Deadmines http://www.wowhead.com/item=1929 as are several Defias Leather pieces.

Also, while I never seen any of the items personally drop from them, apparently the Blackfathom Tide Priestesses outside the BFD Instance proper don't just drop brains (plenty of those, I'd recommend anybody to farm those from them, just like before The Shattering when they were lvl 20-21 mobs and the Quest had a lvl 18 requirement; ) but also Darkweave Breeches etc. ( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=4802 ) with the usal horrible drop rates (0.02% and such). Note that a 20 can make them drop dead by just staring at them, and they have a quick spawnrate so solo-farming is perfectly doable, if tedious.

wowhead does alot better.

you have to do a bunch of additional filtering and sorting which is why i made the list instead of just a link...here's why:
  1. you have to filter weapons and armor separately.
  2. if you want to do more than one dungeon at a time, you also have to include the stuff not available to players and that creates more false hits to sort through
  3. you have to manually further filter Source by "zone"...you can't do this in a link.
  4. most of the "zone" hits are false (really just boss drops or maybe 1 drop from a nonboss...or a boss listed as both a boss and a nonboss) and you have to go through each item.

you have to do a bunch of additional filtering and sorting which is why i made the list instead of just a link...here's why:
  1. you have to filter weapons and armor separately.
  2. if you want to do more than one dungeon at a time, you also have to include the stuff not available to players and that creates more false hits to sort through
  3. you have to manually further filter Source by "zone"...you can't do this in a link.
  4. most of the "zone" hits are false (really just boss drops or maybe 1 drop from a nonboss...or a boss listed as both a boss and a nonboss) and you have to go through each item.

cheers then.
<

the drop chance on most seems so abyssal low

i have never, ever seen mindthrust bracers drop, on none of my toons

yeah, i left it out. if you want the item, you're not going to farm trash for weeks for that 2% drop rate. you're going to go for the boss who has a 31% drop rate).

I thought you went for a complete list (personally I got the Legs from DM for two of my casters, don't forget that it can a) drop from several mobs/run and
<
you'll often be the only 20 - and hence be able to use it immediately, people in DM can still be polite), and of course the Defias Leather pieces don't drop anywhere else.

Seen 3 since I've been playing 20's. Never before that though. I think they buffed the rate, because I know several f2p with them.

Interesting, especially because of the bare fact that they could actually be tweaking non-cap content.

Users who are viewing this thread