Your Legion Wishlist

bigmoran

Legend
Having played both end game PvP and xp-off PvP for quite some time now, one of the things that's drastically different between both communities is how they discuss things like class design, balance, PvP systems, etc. The WoW PvP forums and other fansites like Arena Junkies are filled with max level PvPers giving feedback about the current state of the game, and how they would want the game to change. I have seen virtually none of these type of discussions on XP-off in the ~2 years I have been actively involved in this community. Many people argue that Blizzard doesn't care about XP-off, but those same people make little to no effort explaining what they actually want from Blizzard in terms of design.

That being said, please offer your feedback about the current game and what you would like changed for Legion.

Formatting:

The bracket(s) you play:
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP:
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP:
The changes you want:

Example:

The bracket(s) you play: 19s, 29s, 39s, 60s
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Relative power of some abilities, namely Ferocious Bite, Keg Smash, and Ambush. Relative power of enchants such as Crusader, Landslide, and Elemental Force. Slow durations from BM Monks.
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: The ease of making a new character that can be competitive
The changes you want: Reduction in damage for some abilities, more defensive cooldowns at lower levels, more stuns available at level 19.

The bracket(s) you play: 19
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Mvq
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: it's fun and stuff
The changes you want: Mvq gone

There are people giving feedback on end level content because end level content is what BLIZZARD is focused on, and thus where feedback will do the most good. They can't change the scaling of spells for certain brackets; they adjust the scaling to where it does the most good in endgame, and lower tier bracket imbalances are collateral damage because let's face it, the twink community isn't nearly as large as we like to pretend it is and blizzard won't redo not just the scaling but the entire level-scaled scaling system for a very small part of the population when their focus is(and should be) on the content that impacts the majority of players.

As far as what's wrong in the bracket? this stuff gets said so much it's pretty much an ongoing bracket-wide bitchfest every twink is dragged into on a daily basis lol.

Things I like about the bracket: demo leap :D

changes I want: don't change demo leap D:

The bracket(s) you play: 29
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: People roll sub optimal classes and then complain about them not being good
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: It's a nice break from League of Legends grinding
The changes you want: None

The bracket(s) you play: 20's
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: The amount of tryharding braindeath 29's that pot/glider/bomb on cooldown, guard, ferocious 1 shot bite, stormstrike, crusader stacking, landslide, elemental force dots.
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Competitiveness of being a f2p/veteran and outplaying 29's.
The changes you want: enchants not available in pvp (=> this wish comes true in legion), more variation in spells for low level brackets.

The bracket(s) you play: 10-19
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Arcane Torrent.
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Everything else
The changes you want: If twink gear becomes mostly irrelevant i'd like to see the XP lock mechanism stay, but the player pool segregation be removed.

It would be nice to have all level have access to the mercenary NPC. It may shorten queues. I really could care less on what faction I play.
It would also be nice if we had access to the new PvP talent trees. It might reward people for playing a single character.
Account wide deserter debuff... That may curtail some of the constant /AFKing after the first cap. Which is still essentially a tie because the next cap could be the winning cap!!

I highly doubt I will purchase the next xpac simply because of the PvP changes. There just is not anything about it that really interests me.

It would also be nice if we had access to the new PvP talent trees. It might reward people for playing a single character.

My guess as to why they're not available is because people would stop XP at, say, 19s or 29s, level their pvp until it's maxed, and then turn their xp back on and rape everything in their path up to 110.

Or maybe they just don't want to spend the time to balance it for lower levels; or a combination of the two, the first being their reasonable answer and the second being the real answer, lol

I'd be a lot more excited about demon hunters, pvp talent trees, etc, if they were available at low levels. I've already preordered Legion and would buy it anyway to satisfy my lust for lore, but I doubt I'll be playing wow any more than I am right now. Which is to say, not often.

I have seen virtually none of these type of discussions on XP-off in the ~2 years I have been actively involved in this community. Many people argue that Blizzard doesn't care about XP-off, but those same people make little to no effort explaining what they actually want from Blizzard in terms of design.

There has been several threads on t winkinfo before. all ended burning down in flame.
Blizzard do not care about low level as a whole.
Not just t winking specifically.
it is a filler for them.

We get the chewed bone while they focused on endgame.
Here is my 2cents to support your noble spirit, sr.

The bracket(s) you play:
  • 19s 20s

• Majority of people and their actions.
  • Terra abuse, fotm partys, 29s with enchants against starters, gy farm and drama. lots of drama.

• Low hp / dmg values, low amount of spells with mobility being cut down. Opens more room to strategic moves in pvp.
  • Character relation. I feel more invested in character after all time spent + knowing i wont need to level up or change it.

The changes you want:
  • Make all brackets scale down proportionally to endgame. This way unbalanced classes can be dealt with easier and more officiant.
  • Remove exp off / on separation with upcoming legion gear "removal". Over the years of incest in the brackets, the toxic level has reached unstable numbers.
  • Use scaling technology to improve leveling in legion. Good examples.
  • Remove value of: potions, food buffs from pvp. (aswell as enchants and gears)
  • Make spells less rng based.
  • Make lock picking same level at pick pocketing for rogues : level 15
  • Make http://www.wowhead.com/item=4446/blackvenom-blade & http://www.wowhead.com/item=15891/hulking-shield require level 19 or 20.

Shall add more if it comes to mind.

The bracket(s) you play: 20's
The things you don't like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: The amount of tryharding braindeath 29's that pot/glider/bomb on cooldown, guard, ferocious 1 shot bite, stormstrike, crusader stacking, landslide, elemental force dots.
The things you do like about your bracket(s) and XP-off PvP: Competitiveness of being a f2p/veteran and outplaying 29's.
The changes you want: enchants not available in pvp (=> this wish comes true in legion), more variation in spells for low level brackets.
^ pretty much this.

Also, at the moment, 2's arena is very difficult when you consistently come up against geared 29's. Especially off-heal classes it's all but impossible to take them down. I have had some success when partnered with a decent partner, but usually there is not much you can do against 2 x 29's as Vet/F2P. I'm hoping Legion which will take out Ele Force and other OP chants will help fix this. 29's will have to find some other way to feel special and empowered than picking on 20's in 2's arena :p

Also, I would really love to see Battle for Gilneas drop from lvl 25 to lvl 20 so everyone in the 20-29 bracket can enjoy it.

Edit : oh, and forgot to mention, would be nice if they fix Vet professions also, so at least we can access professions up to lvl 100, not some lvl 75ish as currently is the case.

Discussing this here doesn't get attention from blizzard, unless we sum up all problems like we did in the past when blizzard asked us for feedback cause they do listen and Kore posted this on the official forums... which got ignored anyway.

Have to see how it works in reality first when Legion launches. It might be much better or maby not. Sure you can make a whish list for Legion but at this point it is just useless so are discussing balance issues or what people like/dislike with the current game. We are better off waiting for Legion and then making lists like these or waiting for pvp gets opened up on the leveling realm of the alpha and start with giving feedback there.

Last edited:
Why are 20s complaining about geared and enchanted 29s? You realize you're intentionally gimping yourselves right? Nobody is forcing you to work within the ridiculous confines of free accounts.

Your argument is basically the equivalent of showing up to a race with a car that has no tires, and then complaining about all of the people who actually have tires.

The bracket(s) you play:
Almost all brackets but this is focused upon 19s exclusively, in relevans of my answers. (May apply to other brackets)

• Healing difference on classes.
    • Priest/Shaman being able to heal 700+ noncrit.
    • Druid/Paladin not being able to crit heal above 700 without being lucky.

• excessive damage/burst possibllities.
    • Discipline priest damage. No explanation needed.
    • Overall feral druid damage. I mean c'mon Blizzard, it was fun to watch the first WSG of WoD.
    • Rogue momental damage. Ambush, melee, ele procs, poison procs, ele procs off of poison procs, it all adds up.
    • Rend. If crusader is up, rends' dmg tick will do 300+ with an additional final burst of 800-1200 dmg.

• lack of mobility on some classes contra too much mobility on some classes.
    • Druids - wayy too much mobility and quite the weaker healing tier.
    • BM Monk - Barrel Toss.

Fellowship! Despite differences and opinions.

Determination. Even if the bracket has seen countless falls, we have always managed to work together and fight to maintain the bracket and community we all love.

Competitiveness. The bracket is more competitive than ever! Now with an annual tournament featuring some very high rated and skilled players.​

The changes you want:

I don't think there's a lot to change, but my advice for Blizzards class developers would be to take it easy on the gas pedal. Slow things a bit down for our alls sake, it's not a MOBA.

Start from the bottom and work up instead of scaling everything to shit, then to try and fix from there.

This is just me speaking my mind without the insight of what actually goes on inside the Blizzard HQ, which is why some of these answers are generalized and biased.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread