Your favorite 20-29 Hunter gear builds?

My favorite 20-29 Hunter gear sets are the following (choose closest matches)

• Max Agility

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Max Versatility

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Max Crit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Max Haste

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Max Stam

• Max Agi/Ver

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Max Agi/Crit

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Max Ver/Crit

• Max Ver/Haste

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Ramdrive

Veteran
Like many of you I have several gear sets on my Hunter twink and often swap out pieces to try finding the perfect balance or just to spice things up.

I don't subscribe to the thinking you 'must' stack this or stack that to be successful but feel it mostly comes down to personal preference and the way you play the class along with spec you choose.

So which stat/s do you like to stack against pugs, and how does that differ against premades? Looking to start a casual conversation on Hunter gear and how you feel it affects your playstyle.

It's such a popular class for BGs I don't think there is any definitive best option. Personally I try to get my primary stats above 200 and stak as much crit and vers as possible.

Reactions: Ado
In previous X-Pac’s I used to stack Haste, but in BFA it doesn’t seem to have the same effect for a Hunter, hence I lean towards Crit & Vers now.
Nothing scares me more than when I’m in a bg, turn around and see a Marks Hunter looking straight at me with his Aimed Shot cast bar almost complete.
Nothing u can do but get ready for a world of pain.......:eek:

The ones that run around naked are the best ones in my book. I'm a warrior, I get kited to death no matter what gear set a hunter is in.

Dont vote for "Agility", pls! Let the nubs stack something else, so I`ll be able to kill them easy with my F2P agility stack.
[doublepost=1550021800,1550021723][/doublepost]Vote for STAM and HASTE! They are the best!

I have 3 sets on mine, Highest damage, middle-ish of the road, and stamina. I think my gear was a little different when i tested this, but my dps gear aimed shot was 416, middle was 399, and stam was 356. First two only a 17 point different but gives 200 hp i think and the stam drops 60 points but gives 500ish extra hp. With fort buff I can get up to 2800 hp which is for flag running or if i need to get by people and go somewhere else.

my dps gear aimed shot was 416

2019-02-13 (2).png

:p

Admittedly that SS is my hunter fully buffed and also has +5 Agility from the Valentines only elixirs, so my numbers are not normally that high. Here is my build, I rarely swap it nowadays as it I find it's the best for damage while still giving me some survivability. I don't have legion felforged gear, so in theory your numbers could be even higher as you have room for more agility from enchants assuming your armoury links are your hunters.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/darkmoon-faire/Ian

Edit: fully buffed is 758 (forgot food) .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread