Your F2P Goal.

Crystalpall

the F2P PvEr
Since I started playing F2P I had a goal in mind. At start it was to get BiS, then it was to be the best F2P Flag Carrier, which was changed shortly because I found out I just want to collect companion pets. Then I added mounts, and then I wanted to collect everything. What drove me the most were the Lofi's Achievement rankings. I wanted to be the top, I wanted to be the #1 F2P Achievement hunter. It took time but I kept climbing up the rankings until this very moment where I'm #2 for around a year with no hope of surpassing Babydoll. I realised that as a starter I can't overachieve the vet, they have access to content earlier plus Babydoll has completed almost all the obtainable achievements + has so many exalted reps - reps that I can never achieve now thanks to the timewalking.

I wanna hear your goals, and maybe stay by one of them, because now without a goal the game seems less and less appealing and I don't want to give up on F2P WoW.

I haven't really done f2p since I gave my original account to a friend in early 2015.

BUT, I am going to carry [MENTION=26782]aislingyngaio[/MENTION] to as many exalted reps as I feasibly can.

Be the last starter who has 375 fishing.

For a while it was to get 100k hks on my f2p account, which I got not too long after gearing out all the f2p classes and playing them to an extent/getting the BoAs. I've since past 200k hks but mostly due to the fact I've linked a p2p account to it and have been playing quite a bit of lvl 100 bgs.

If I went back to f2p (which I play on occasions when I don't want to play vet) it would probably be to retrain myself in the "struggles" of a trial and try to master all the classes but with all my new fancy guild BoAs and rings.

Higher Learning was fun, took me a couple days, its easy enough to do it in a weeks time if you get a good idea of some of the book spawn times and have the spare time to sit there checking them.

My goals on my f2p were to achieve over 5k achievement points, fish up sea turtle, get lucky fishing hat and have as many BiS sets as I could get, grind Guardian of Cenarious and all the outland reps on my druid, get 25 tabards on one toon and get the most hp on a f2p lvl 20. I did all of those and now my toon is vet and im lacking motivation to play anymore. You are right in the sense that the game seems less appealing without something to strive towards when you log in each time.

My goal used to be to get as many achievement points as possible, but I couldnt be bothered to do all the reps and raids at some point so I stopped that.
Right now I am only focusing on my f2p rogue and am trying to get Talon of Vultros - Item - World of Warcraft ... down 1k junkboxes so far. Once I get that the next goal is to get the last 50k to reach 250k hks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal goal was to become somewhat known among the many F2p's in Cataclysm by doing PvP. But as i only cared for my KDA back then, this wasn't possible. This then lead me to another hobby. Exploring. Exploring all kind of things, for example the Karazhan Crypt and the secret place in Quel'thalas. From there, it was a goal to me to find whatever was possible to explore (only secret places ofc) by a F2P.

You are right in the sense that the game seems less appealing without something to strive towards when you log in each time.

I'm in the same boat. After f2p death knights got taken away I just focused on guardian of cenarsis. After I got GoC I lost motivation to do more. I've already reached my peak. Now I'm just slowly grinding the last leg of bloodthirsty with no real goals afterward.

I made an additional unlinked f2p-account last autumn.
When my (linked) druid more or less retired due to no pops on german side, I made my vet-priest on Aggramar, which is max'd out but -well- boring. Not much to do between queues, no open-PvP (PvE-twink-server: EEEEXCELLENT idea...)
So I only log onto my vet to chat with my friends in Madhombre's guild.

Therefore the new unlinked f2p-priest.
I have only this char on that acc. and my goal is to get all that's possible (achievements, pets, toys) with this single char.
This char and the way I play WoW is just for me and my satisfaction.
It won't ever be very special, topping the achievements/HK lists etc. (1925 achievement-points so far)

Too many achievements are unavailable, either due to profession's maximum of 100, no Northrend-reps or only doable with high-lvl help (which I avoid)

But I've got to do something every time I log in. RNG is not very kind to me, so MTB + Magefists still missing, Old Ironjaw didn't show himself yet, still a lot of exploring to do and world events will keep me busy for a year or two as not all achievements/pets/toys can be obtained the first time with only one char.

And of course there's always open-PvP (especially as Ally on Stormscale):cool:

This is what I do now in WoW, and it brought the fun back for me.
If somebody is interested: levelone#2615

Greetings,
Dimmu.

Edit: 2h after posting, MTB dropped! Yay, no more SFK;)

to one day afford a sub 8)

I suppose it is healthy to not aspire to too much for some people.
$5 is not very expensive, about the cost of a happy meal. Not too much more than a Red Bull. I don't smoke, but I hear cigarettes cost more than that.
After that entire whole huge $5 investment you only need to buy game tokens for about 34k-35k per month. That equates to only ~1k per day of income. And that is pretty dang easy.
[MENTION=25695]Dimmuborgir[/MENTION] it quite literally took me years to fish up Ironjaw. It was the only fishing achievement I was missing for a long time. Just stick to it.

Guardian of Cen title. Casually grinding keys, just hit 3000 (over about 18 months - casualllllll)

After that 100hks for "one of the lads" title.

Users who are viewing this thread