EU+US Yeti mog , TCG codes, Pet/mount shop : F2P or not F2P ?

Because TCG isn't technically spending money on World of Warcraft I think it's fair game. It's essentially the same thing as other cross-game rewards like hearthsteed and Graves.

I think buying from the in game store, however, violates the spirit of pure F2P. Not that I'd really lose sleep over it. You do you.

But if you wanna drop some cash, you can buy your way to mount and pet achievements, which I think is contrary to the point of f2p play.

But that all comes down to *why* your playing f2p and what you're looking to get out of it.

want to do an f2P to try to have as much as possible on my account, having only level 20 characters, without having a "Hight level" on my account, and no trade etc...

I want to have everything that is legitimately accessible for a level 20.

I mean, sure go for it.

If you're hard core purist then you wont, and if you do, then the hard core purists will be disappointed with you.

I mean, shit, I do all the same things purist f2ps do and more on my vet and I seem to fit in well with them.

As @Rhaellia once said, f2p is a mindset, not a playstyle. Or something like that

If your toon/account is at a point where you dont have much else to do, tcg / real world money stuff might be the next level for you.
[doublepost=1571932875,1571932825][/doublepost]
I want to have everything that is legitimately accessible for a level 20
I set myself this goal like 3 years ago and quickly realized how impossible this is.

Doesnt stop me though, best of luck!

Naw. Everyone plays their own game.

BUT if the goal is to have anything and everything at 20, why not pull an Ohti/Icehawk and go vet?

I've often thought it would be fun to start a new account and see just how far I could push a vet with just a single initial month of game time.
Yeah, if you have a goal this ambitious you NEED to be a vet.

Pve vets have their perks and downsides though. For example, as a vet I see literally no reason to collect pets unless they are non-tradables. I also dont see a real reason in pushing achievement score because I have 120s on my account (hence why I only have like 2300 pts on my vet.)

You can do a lot more pve wise on a vet, but a lot of other things are really devalued. Another example: Sure, DMF pets are cool as shit to have on pure f2ps and show your dedication to the faire and your account in general. On vets, those pets dont mean shit because I can just buy them on the AH in two or three clicks for like 10-20k gold.

So there are some trade offs.

Because TCG isn't technically spending money on World of Warcraft I think it's fair game. It's essentially the same thing as other cross-game rewards like hearthsteed and Graves.

I think buying from the in game store, however, violates the spirit of pure F2P. Not that I'd really lose sleep over it. You do you.

But if you wanna drop some cash, you can buy your way to mount and pet achievements, which I think is contrary to the point of f2p play.

But that all comes down to *why* your playing f2p and what you're looking to get out of it.

I wholeheartedly agree with Chops.

This is just a cosmetic thing. Its F2P as long as you play with your Starter Edition, IMO. You can have SE and BfA on your acc and they share all the cosmetics - mogs, mounts and toys.

Still dont get why some guys have "pure" F2P and they pay to play 120 on a separate account :p Thats a lil bit "retardish" to me ;]

Still dont get why some guys have "pure" F2P and they pay to play 120 on a separate account :p Thats a lil bit "retardish" to me ;]
A fair point but my F2P is really just about the challenge of collecting things on a f2p.

Being linked f2p defeats the point of that. But if you're more focused on just pvp and such, playing linked makes perfect sense. It's just about what you're looking to do.

This is just a cosmetic thing. Its F2P as long as you play with your Starter Edition, IMO. You can have SE and BfA on your acc and they share all the cosmetics - mogs, mounts and toys.
it's linked f2p REEEEEEE

I don't think anyone particularly cares its just some stuff stops being flex worthy. Like Coliz working his way towards Fashionista is dope as fuck but if you buy tcg tabards and shop mogs like those helms or the furry suit it kinda devalues the achievement since you didn't really earn them you just threw money at it.

If you're already linked or a vet then literally no one cares, buy whatever. Theres other stuff you can do to flex like how Ohti farms rep and fishing stuff

If you're already linked or a vet then literally no one cares, buy whatever. Theres other stuff you can do to flex like how Ohti farms rep and fishing stuff
My fishing game goes stupid dont forget it

I don't think anyone particularly cares its just some stuff stops being flex worthy. Like Coliz working his way towards Fashionista is dope as fuck but if you buy tcg tabards and shop mogs like those helms or the furry suit it kinda devalues the achievement since you didn't really earn them you just threw money at it.

My Bnet is new, and not linked, i have 1 level 20 on it
[doublepost=1571941038,1571940548][/doublepost]Btw, if you buy yeti, pets and mount, you can't get them because you have to get them on mail no ?

[doublepost=1571941038,1571940548][/doublepost]Btw, if you buy yeti, pets and mount, you can't get them because you have to get them on mail no ?
With the usual caveat that GMs don't know a damn thing about this game, I've been told that store items are delivered directly into your collections tab, even for starter account toons

Then it really comes down to what you want out of the account.

want to do an f2P to try to have as much as possible on my account, having only level 20 characters, without having a "Hight level" on my account, and no trade etc...

I want to have everything that is legitimately accessible for a level 20.
By "legitimately accessible" do you mean everything that is achievable by a level 20 with those restrictions or just things they can use? Like you can buy all those mounts and youd be able to use them, they'll be in your collections tab but your toon being level 20 without enchants and trading didn't play into you obtaining it. If this is something you're doing as a personal challenge or something you think would be fun to try and accomplish then things acquired out of game shouldn't really be considered in "everything." Despite what EA might want you to think buying things doesn't really give a sense of pride and accomplishment, you didn't obtain those mounts on with your "only level 20 characters, without having a "Hight level" on my account, and no trade etc..." but with your wallet.

This is just my personal outlook on it though. If I was making a pure f2p account with a goal of collecting everything I could in the game with those restrictions I'd ignore stuff like the store mounts since they aren't something I could acquire in game.

That all said if you want to do all that in a bunny suit or want one of the mounts go for it if it will help you enjoy the experience more but don't feel pressured to buy it just so you can have "everything."

Then it really comes down to what you want out of the account.

By "legitimately accessible" do you mean everything that is achievable by a level 20 with those restrictions or just things they can use? Like you can buy all those mounts and youd be able to use them, they'll be in your collections tab but your toon being level 20 without enchants and trading didn't play into you obtaining it. If this is something you're doing as a personal challenge or something you think would be fun to try and accomplish then things acquired out of game shouldn't really be considered in "everything." Despite what EA might want you to think buying things doesn't really give a sense of pride and accomplishment, you didn't obtain those mounts on with your "only level 20 characters, without having a "Hight level" on my account, and no trade etc..." but with your wallet.

This is just my personal outlook on it though. If I was making a pure f2p account with a goal of collecting everything I could in the game with those restrictions I'd ignore stuff like the store mounts since they aren't something I could acquire in game.

That all said if you want to do all that in a bunny suit or want one of the mounts go for it if it will help you enjoy the experience more but don't feel pressured to buy it just so you can have "everything."

I'm lost haha

Users who are viewing this thread