XP off nerf?

Shadesofred

Veteran
I thought that blizzard had changed up grouping with an xp off toon so that people purposely grouped up would receive 95% less xp. I just did a freehold run to test it out and ran a 112 priest without looms. They went from 75% into 112 to 40% into 113 after a run and they didn't get the debuff. So blizz didn't actually kill us then?

There was a DH today in trade offering freehold boosting. He said it still worked the same. I ran Antorus today and used the Group Finder. Everybody had the XP debuff in the raid because of me having XP off. Nobody said anything about it though. Was only a couple other non-120s. Seems like if you group up manually and run it doesn't debuff, but if you use the group finder it does. And that is bass-ackwards.

I was leveling my DH on a 2nd account, He never got the debuff. I honestly think it's attached to the blindfold buff your character gets. My DH doesn't have the blindfold buff on him but still has his XP turned off. Haven't tested on a fresh twink so not 100% sure. But it feels like the old characters have the old version of xp off or something

You can also at the risk of not triggering people on this site who Twink but cry about "Exploits" You can make a premade group. Go to freehold. Pull everything and then leave party and kill it all. The person will still get XP.

Looks like they have hot fixed this, I now have the experience eliminator buff where i had nothing before.

Ran random dung solo and none of the others got the buff but when we tried to reQ as a full group would say waiting on a dps when in fact we had all selected roles.

Have not yet tried to Q random with another guildie yet to see if he gets buff from randoms.

It's hotfixed, everyone in party will get 5 minute debuff that reduces their XP gain, leaving party does not work, random dungeons does not work either. Seems like Blizzard is really dedicated about selling their boosts.

Users who are viewing this thread