XP gain on p3 release

Docker

Twinker
Hey all, putting together my twink now so that I can have some fun in p2 but I can't remember if I need to worry about xp gain at p3 release or not.

2 of the items I need are quest items only available at 39, are the xp gains from WSG/AB hand ins a concern if do these quests as soon as I ding 39?

Is there anything else that may give me some surprise xp that I'm forgetting about?

Thanks in advance

Probably only looking at around 6k xp from the 2 handin quests. If you want to be safe you can get kill credit for quests while dead

Turning in marks of victory for whatever BG you won them gave XP as well as rep, I believe... so don't do that.
edit2- omg... just realized that's exactly what you asked. So yes, a little XP per turn in. Not crazy but adds up.

That's why we had mailboxes full of them. :rolleyes:

edit- and whatever expansion/phase had you queue in the kings room in SW would sometimes get you dropped into an onxyia event with lots of wyrmkin NPCs, and some tool would always tag one if you were queued in a group... so that XP too. lol

Probably only looking at around 6k xp from the 2 handin quests. If you want to be safe you can get kill credit for quests while dead
Great thanks :)

Turning in marks of victory for whatever BG you won them gave XP as well as rep, I believe... so don't do that.
edit2- omg... just realized that's exactly what you asked. So yes, a little XP per turn in. Not crazy but adds up.

That's why we had mailboxes full of them. :rolleyes:

edit- and whatever expansion/phase had you queue in the kings room in SW would sometimes get you dropped into an onxyia event with lots of wyrmkin NPCs, and some tool would always tag one if you were queued in a group... so that XP too. lol
Didn't MoH only get used for item purchases after the initial handins alongside honor points without gaining xp?

So I'm correct in thinking that there is nothing else outside of human error that is going to screw me over if I get 39 before p3?

You could turn in 3 of them for rep and a little XP, I believe. Repeatable. At some point, be it classic or BC.

edit- so I cant find anything supporting that, so maybe im wrong? I just know I was turning them in over and over for rep and couldn't anymore or I would have leveled. Cant say it was vanilla for sure tho. Long time ago. :oops:

The onyxia thing was huge, had a handful of people level off that tagged XP coming out of BG.

Last edited:
You could turn in 3 of them for rep and a little XP, I believe. Repeatable. At some point, be it classic or BC.

edit- so I cant find anything supporting that, so maybe im wrong? I just know I was turning them in over and over for rep and couldn't anymore or I would have leveled. Cant say it was vanilla for sure tho. Long time ago. :oops:

The onyxia thing was huge, had a handful of people level off that tagged XP coming out of BG.
I think the quest went away in BC. When I was grinding conqueror on my warlock in BC they weren't available.

Also do you get xp for discovering the zones? wsg etc

I am 100% positive that at some point this was not the case. We had to destroy the instead of getting rep from them.

Mailboxes full of them and no way to use them.

Ok damn, I might be wrong then. I just don't remember destroying them, but I am an old stoner so...

weren't marks and honor needed to purchase items from PVP vendors?

as a 39 twink, it is easy to get involved with 60s doing WPVP, but don't group with them cause you will pop as they kill random mobs.

you need to have all areas explored, even some specific structures can award discovery XP.

to prevent building up rested XP, never be in a capitol city or inn. in retail wow you build up rested XP even outside those areas, hopefully that formula is in classic. alot of the twinks on the server i was on, kept their twinks in ratchet/BB/gad. some even went to extremes by keeping their twinks dead when not being played

Last edited:
weren't marks and honor needed to purchase items from PVP vendors?

as a 39 twink, it is easy to get involved with 60s doing WPVP, but don't group with them cause you will pop as they kill random mobs.

you need to have all areas explored, even some specific structures can award discovery XP.

to prevent building up rested XP, never be in a capitol city or inn. in retail wow you build up rested XP even outside those areas, hopefully that formula is in classic. alot of the twinks on the server i was on, kept their twinks in ratchet/BB/gad. some even went to extremes by keeping their twinks dead when not being played
You get rested xp when offline. Can't avoid it as far as I can tell.

Do you think its a good idea to give myself 2-3 levels buffer so I can hand in marks? Get that joocey rep gear asap.

I mean you can do that. There is the Maraudon quest for the Mark of the Chosen that you have to do at 39. Otherwise the rest is buffer levels

Users who are viewing this thread