EU WW Monk Gear Question

AppleZ

Veteran
Hi all,
i'm quite new to F2P (learned it is a thing like 3 weeks ago) and decided to give it a spin. I've been loving it so far, the challenge is incredibly fun and having frequent queue pops is a boon.
On to the main question, i've rolled a WW Monk and i'm curious about what is the BiS weapon..so far i've got dual Darkwater Tulwars, both enchanted. Should i look for some procc'd weapons from quests or am i good with what i got?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@Gixxer66 yeah, i know :) but despite WW not being extremely competitive (based on opinions on a recent post here) i do find it rather enjoyable, so i'm willing to suffer and stick with the spec

@AppleZ I had a lot of fun playing WW @ 19 in early Legion then they it hit hard with a nerf bat, the GCD changes really killed it as a spec at low level. I guess having FoF @ 20 is a help, when a 19 doesn't.

MW is a lot of fun - same mobility - great ST heals, and great burst potential

MW has a cool passive where each tiger palm gives you a bonus blackout kick, stacking up to 3 times. so it has some pretty big burst while just feeling tankier overall.

Though for mainhands as WW, aim for epic procd mainhands, really any would work honestly. So just go do any quest that awards a 1h

Here's a list of all the quests you can do that give 1hs, ignore the class specific one for monks (those won't proc epic, and stay ilvl 20 no matter what).

Alliance
https://www.wowhead.com/weapons/min...de:1/role:1/type:15:13:0:4:7:9?filter=128;6;0
Horde
https://www.wowhead.com/weapons/min...de:2/role:1/type:15:13:0:4:7:9?filter=128;6;0

MW has a cool passive where each tiger palm gives you a bonus blackout kick, stacking up to 3 times. so it has some pretty big burst while just feeling tankier overall.

Though for mainhands as WW, aim for epic procd mainhands, really any would work honestly. So just go do any quest that awards a 1h

Here's a list of all the quests you can do that give 1hs, ignore the class specific one for monks (those won't proc epic, and stay ilvl 20 no matter what).

Alliance
https://www.wowhead.com/weapons/min...de:1/role:1/type:15:13:0:4:7:9?filter=128;6;0
Horde
https://www.wowhead.com/weapons/min...de:2/role:1/type:15:13:0:4:7:9?filter=128;6;0
This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much!

@Gixxer66 yeah, i know :) but despite WW not being extremely competitive (based on opinions on a recent post here) i do find it rather enjoyable, so i'm willing to suffer and stick with the spec
That's well worth it, then. And you can still be productive in BGs. :)

I do such with Prot on my warrior, and focus on peeling enemies off of others as a distraction, and focus on capping bases and doing objective based game play.

That's well worth it, then. And you can still be productive in BGs. :)

I do such with Prot on my warrior, and focus on peeling enemies off of others as a distraction, and focus on capping bases and doing objective based game play.
Yeah that's basically the gameplan most of the time, trying to peel healers and applying pressure/grievous wound at the right time.
I'm willing to try MW down the line, but i'm having fun so far!
P.S.: thank you all for the replies, this seems quite a nice community ^^

Yeah that's basically the gameplan most of the time, trying to peel healers and applying pressure/grievous wound at the right time.
I'm willing to try MW down the line, but i'm having fun so far!
P.S.: thank you all for the replies, this seems quite a nice community ^^
You're welcome! The F2P community has always been really welcoming, I've found.

I enjoy Fury here and there, but I just prefer the mobility and such of Prot a bit more. I also enjoy flag carrying, and doing the objectives.

Playing "Utility/support" so to speak may not look as impressive on the scoreboard, but it can be really pivotal to winning games. Always greatly appreciated, too.

(PSSST! Don't any of you other punks DARE "spoil" this by telling him everything that's been happening here over the past week!)
well i've seen many communities in my gaming life and some are really hard to beat on the grand toxicity scale ^^" plus this is as good as a first impression one can get

(PSSST! Don't any of you other punks DARE "spoil" this by telling him everything that's been happening here over the past week!)
My lips are sealed!

well i've seen many communities in my gaming life and some are really hard to beat on the grand toxicity scale ^^" plus this is as good as a first impression one can get
Nothing beats League of Legends >.>

I've played LoL for years starting in late season 1 - early season 2 and believe me....i've seen worse o_O

The fact I hate MOBAs probably makes it worse to me.

>.>

The fact I hate MOBAs probably makes it worse to me.

>.>
I feel you...i don't play much mobas anymore (i still enjoy watching big tournaments such as LoL Worlds or TI), i'm more an MMO guy but sadly i've often had an hard time getting people on board. Then work came (being a lawyer is time consuming...stupid work) and i've been playing less and less, top-end content such as raiding is too time consuming for me to do now, and i hardly can guarantee being online at the required hours.
That's part of the reasons i jumped on this F2P adventure ;) and since i started playing MMOs on Korean Grindfests the grind needed to get drops/achievements is hardly boring to me

I feel you...i don't play much mobas anymore (i still enjoy watching big tournaments such as LoL Worlds or TI), i'm more an MMO guy but sadly i've often had an hard time getting people on board. Then work came (being a lawyer is time consuming...stupid work) and i've been playing less and less, top-end content such as raiding is too time consuming for me to do now, and i hardly can guarantee being online at the required hours.
That's part of the reasons i jumped on this F2P adventure ;) and since i started playing MMOs on Korean Grindfests the grind needed to get drops/achievements is hardly boring to me
Same here. I love the grindy stuff.

Reminds of stuff like Lineage, EQ, UO, etc.

Also, the talk of other MMOs now wants me to go revisit Mabinogi and EVE.

Users who are viewing this thread