WTB pendulum of doom also have some items to sell

Drizomen

On old blanchy atm, horde and alliance. Feel free to pm if u have a POD for sale

Also have assassins blade and papal fez for sale

Them undercutting your uh "ambitious" 125k to be closer to the regional market average isn't him gouging you lol

I plan on using if I can’t sell it, that was reason for high price tag, subconsciously I guess I wanted to make a 39. But now with competition on realm I’ve come down on my price. If anyone posts theirs lowest than 40k it will be off the market

I plan on using if I can’t sell it, that was reason for high price tag, subconsciously I guess I wanted to make a 39. But now with competition on realm I’ve come down on my price. If anyone posts theirs lowest than 40k it will be off the market
just make the 39 alrdy
we need more pod wielders 2 point & laugh @

well for what its worth, the last time a POD was purchased on Pagle (last week) it went for less than a grand.
idNs08G7_o.jpg

well for what its worth, the last time a POD was purchased on Pagle (last week) it went for less than a grand. Might be time to roll that shaman after all.

Sold for a grand just means someone was a dumbass and didn’t know what they had. You and I both know that

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the guy who hasnt been able to offload one of the most desired twink items in the history of the game might be the one who is unsure of its actual worth.

The simplest way of addressing this question, cutting out the economic theory of low population ecosystems, is to ask the seller if he would buy a PoD for 124k.

You're not going to get a sincere answer, but that's essentially what it boils down to in low supply, low demand economies. You don't have high demand where you are aiming to set the price at the peak of the demand ceiling. You don't have high supply where you evaluate the commodity based on the labor involved in obtaining it.

It's a valueless item without a buyer - so the only value is what it has to the owner in maintaining ownership... so, would he pay 124k for a PoD he has listed at 125k. If not, it would be price gouging - almost by textbook definition in fact.

Edit --> price gouging is a legal term with a statutory definition. And this is a video game. Not exactly the same thing. But if you ever wonder what type of logic leads to people like Martin Shkreli dramatically hiking the price of a unique product, it's this.

The simplest way of addressing this question, cutting out the economic theory of low population ecosystems, is to ask the seller if he would buy a PoD for 124k.

You're not going to get a sincere answer, but that's essentially what it boils down to in low supply, low demand economies. You don't have high demand where you are aiming to set the price at the peak of the demand ceiling. You don't have high supply where you evaluate the commodity based on the labor involved in obtaining it.

It's a valueless item without a buyer - so the only value is what it has to the owner in maintaining ownership... so, would he pay 124k for a PoD he has listed at 125k. If not, it would be price gouging - almost by textbook definition in fact.

Edit --> price gouging is a legal term with a statutory definition. And this is a video game. Not exactly the same thing. But if you ever wonder what type of logic leads to people like Martin Shkreli dramatically hiking the price of a unique product, it's this.

Something you didn’t touch on us server basis. On a dead realm, it will go for much cheaper, whatever that undetermined amount would be. But this hinges on the economy on that realm, compared to a realm like pagle where it might be easier to obtain the gold, and therefore drive prices higher. Think of it like comparing a lowest federal minimum wage state vs New York City minimum wage state. Goods cost more in New York because they average wages are higher.

Now, to touch on the desirability of the item. That’s where a lot of people get in their feelings and try to backup BAR being as good as POD. The problem I have with my hat notion is, in the 39 bracket especially in wrath, it’s not about sustainable numbers as a dps, but more burst. Go watch Fonys old video or his warrior with POD. The only times he goes on a wrecking ball, is when he gets some nice procs, and cuts them down before they receive heals, something alot harder to achiev without the OP proc from POD. Twink info / xfoff has always had a lot of great numbers people, and have really helped the community for over a decade. But sometimes looking at just the raw numbers doesn’t do justice. You have to delve into it much deeper.

POD is an extremely rare item, with only a handful across all realms, and as time goes on, they will be scooped off the low pop realms and consolidated onto high pop realms/ twink realms. So the overall value can not be fully determined quite yet. But on your point of it’s value being whatever the seller would pay for it, this absolutely correct. I’m asking 50-75k because I believe that it’s usefulness + rarity make it worth that much. And if I believe that, then my valuation is based off of me being in the market for one. And sheds light into I wouldn’t go severely lower than my valuation, because at that point I would just roll a 39 and equip. We are not talking about a Picasso that sits on a wall, we are talking about an item that a lot of people would love to get their hands on and use.

If you ever watch pawn stars, it would be comparable to an item that their experts refer to as the trifecta

Something you didn’t touch on us server basis. On a dead realm, it will go for much cheaper, whatever that undetermined amount would be. But this hinges on the economy on that realm, compared to a realm like pagle where it might be easier to obtain the gold, and therefore drive prices higher. Think of it like comparing a lowest federal minimum wage state vs New York City minimum wage state. Goods cost more in New York because they average wages are higher.

Now, to touch on the desirability of the item. That’s where a lot of people get in their feelings and try to backup BAR being as good as POD. The problem I have with my hat notion is, in the 39 bracket especially in wrath, it’s not about sustainable numbers as a dps, but more burst. Go watch Fonys old video or his warrior with POD. The only times he goes on a wrecking ball, is when he gets some nice procs, and cuts them down before they receive heals, something alot harder to achiev without the OP proc from POD. Twink info / xfoff has always had a lot of great numbers people, and have really helped the community for over a decade. But sometimes looking at just the raw numbers doesn’t do justice. You have to delve into it much deeper.

POD is an extremely rare item, with only a handful across all realms, and as time goes on, they will be scooped off the low pop realms and consolidated onto high pop realms/ twink realms. So the overall value can not be fully determined quite yet. But on your point of it’s value being whatever the seller would pay for it, this absolutely correct. I’m asking 50-75k because I believe that it’s usefulness + rarity make it worth that much. And if I believe that, then my valuation is based off of me being in the market for one. And sheds light into I wouldn’t go severely lower than my valuation, because at that point I would just roll a 39 and equip. We are not talking about a Picasso that sits on a wall, we are talking about an item that a lot of people would love to get their hands on and use.

If you ever watch pawn stars, it would be comparable to an item that their experts refer to as the trifecta

For your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, I don't really have anything to add.

Your first paragraph's argument would be precisely the same argument that a price gouger of tangible commodities would use in real life. The value of a dollar is not the same person to person, state to state, country to country. Nevertheless, selling a bottle of water in Orange County, California for $5 and the same bottle in sub-saharan Africa for the currency exchange equivalent of $0.10 is still price gouging. It's just not in a form that the general public finds morally reprehensible.

Again, I want to make clear that I understand this is a video game - no one's real life is being ruined from an unfair price hike. No one is priced out of paying for life-saving medical treatment. The stakes are about as low as unfair price setting can be - I just don't think it's totally genuine to sell a twink item for 5x more than the rarest endgame items are going for at the moment.

For your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, I don't really have anything to add.

Your first paragraph's argument would be precisely the same argument that a price gouger of tangible commodities would use in real life. The value of a dollar is not the same person to person, state to state, country to country. Nevertheless, selling a bottle of water in Orange County, California for $5 and the same bottle in sub-saharan Africa for the currency exchange equivalent of $0.10 is still price gouging. It's just not in a form that the general public finds morally reprehensible.

Again, I want to make clear that I understand this is a video game - no one's real life is being ruined from an unfair price hike. No one is priced out of paying for life-saving medical treatment. The stakes are about as low as unfair price setting can be - I just don't think it's totally genuine to sell a twink item for 5x more than the rarest endgame items are going for at the moment.

You must not know much about economics or goods and services in states with higher average salaries. The goods are not being gouged in New York and California, they have to pay the guy who works at the bottle water factory more, and then the cost of goods goes up. And even if the bottle of water is coming from a different state where it’s cheaper to manufacture, you have to factor the wages of the nestle driver in Californias wages to get it to that grocery store; and then factor the wages of people who work at that store. States that have more money rolling around don’t gouge their prices because they can, they do it because they have to

also to add to how I shouldn’t sell it for 50k because that’s 5x higher than end game lvl 80 items is a terrible comparison. Those items are much easier to obtain and there are 1000x more across all realms than PODs. You can not compare those two kind of items

I should add that I’ve been a seller on wow for well over 7-8 years and know both actual and determined markets very well. After all, to be profitable you have to buy low sell high, it’s the entire concept of selling. The item would have sold for 10-15k on pagle had their been one available in BC. Gold on pagle has been so easy to obtain in wrath compared to BC (4-5 times infact) that it’s not unrealistic at 50k valuation
[doublepost=1671298055,1671297439][/doublepost]Also, you keep saying how wow isn’t comparable to United States economics. That I hate to break it to you, it’s actually strikingly similar. There is inflation, there is buying out the market, there is taxes that have to be factored (AH cut) if being purchased off the market, there is devaluation of the gold (dollar), there is supply vs demand. I’d go as far as to say I’d your someone interested in learning about economics for fun, literally become a seller in wow

You have to delve into it much deeper.
I have. Would you like the numbers?

Lets start with the elephant in the room. The proc is a non-factor. In more than 20 sustained tests of 5 minutes in length, on every variation of rotation from just auto swings, to rend and auto swings, to rend and auto swings and TFB procs, to rend, auto swings, TFB, WW, etc... It proc'd on average twice per 5 minute cycle. I got as high as 8 and (f'real) as low as 0.

In the real world, I've gone entire WSG matches with the proc happening just 1-2 times. On average its 2-3 times. It's actually more common to not get one in arena than to get one. And when you get two in an arena match, Cig's ele shaman dodges them. Both. Wtf.

That's not to say its doesnt suddenly come in handy in a fight unexpectedly or do hilarious things like proc twice on a single WW. But those are pugstomping procs. But if I cant rely on it to proc in a kill window or on an O push, it might as well not exist.

That said, the dmg output is certainly higher. Roughly 15-25 on hits and 35-45 more dmg on crits. Lower end without crusader, higher end with crusader because slow weapons scale better in dmg the more AP you have.

So now you have to balance some considerations. You're giving up 190 health and roughly 1.5% chance to crit. You're also giving up a little bit of rage generation (not much but it is noticeable). All that for about 30 more dmg per swing. That, fwiw, you dont really need. Warriors hit insanely hard even without POD.

So what we end up with isnt some magical weapon that magically turns warriors into one man wrecking balls but rather just another addition into the long canon of "do I go glass or balanced build?" to which the answer is always "well, it depends".

And call me crazy but "it depends" isnt really worth the eye watering prices I've seen people posting it for. We're not talking about a clearly better item, we're talking about a situationally useful item.

Yes, it has a higher burst potential. But if we're looking only at what makes the highest burst potential for a warrior well...

Thats sword spec.

Users who are viewing this thread