Would a full team of naked transmog’d players hold an advantage?

Zorch

I just realized you can make every slot of gear except weapons invisible... so, do you think an entire BG team of players with all their gear hidden (and we’ll say everyone using weapon mogs as similar/basic as possible) would have even a slight advantage at all?

At a minimum, I think it would be a pretty big distraction — if you had a more than a few dummies on the other team (which is almost a given), I feel like it could start messing with people.

And yes, I’m aware there are more ways to differentiate enemy players than staring at their gear, but let’s be honest; half the people in this bracket are keyboard turners that mouse-click their abilities and couldn’t tell you what Tab-targeting was even if you offered them a Spectral Saber.

Any real player would have some kind of class or even spec identifying indicator over their target nameplates or arena/BG frames.

we’ve had to do this since transmog started almost

Considering it would likely be a premade to coordinate that, it would have advantage right there regardless.

Any real player would have some kind of class or even spec identifying indicator over their target nameplates or arena/BG frames.

we’ve had to do this since transmog started almost
Do the standard UI options allow for raid/BG frames that differentiate between specs? I know class-colored nameplates became a thing... well, right when colors became associated with classes, right?

I can check but I think that class color nameplates are standard in the UI now.

with all of the mogs and other character model transmorphs now a days you need something to better identify class/spec.

I use tidy plates which adds a really nice class indicator to the target nameplate

EDIT: and no specs are not differentiated in normal UI

Last edited:
Even with the game interface you can hover over their life bar, and find out a naked player has 10k in steady talasite

Users who are viewing this thread