[WotLK] <Voodoo Child> Recruiting 39s for Premades

Yeah, I thought about trying out a TBC server like Feenix or something. There's tradeoffs either way though. For example, hybrids like spellhance shamans weren't really viable until the spellpower changes introduced in 3.0. Personally, I preferred not having BOAs around, but I have to admit that they do fill a few gear gaps that had to be plugged with greens back in TBC.

Ultimately, Pre-Cata 39s was the best intersection of great balance between classes, burst and healing, and between too many and too few abilities along with an amazing community that had highly competitive arenas, premades, and pugs, and room for more casual play and socializing as well.

TL;DR There's no need to try to "market" pre-cata 39s, because they were awesome, and the only thing that was ever an issue was how much more we could organize, grow and improve.

Wait...Spellnhance WHAT?

EXPLAIN THAT SPEC PLEASE

Simply Enhancement spec combined with Resto/Elemental gear. Probably the best case of a hybrid build being actually effective without being OP.

Awesooooome, i wanna do it <3

Mind explaining me the talent points and gear? Or maybe directing me? c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesooooome, i wanna do it <3

Mind explaining me the talent points and gear? Or maybe directing me? c:

A lot of players, particularly enhancement shamans, switch between gear sets depending on the situation, so it's hard to find someone in a good spellhance build on the Molten armory. As for specs, there are are options depending on what you want. This was something I just came up with as an example. The key talents to the build are Improved Ghostwolf, Mental Dexterity, and Frozen Power. Earth's Grasp, Thundering Strikes, Shamanistic Focus, and Toughness are also nice, but that still leaves another 10 points or so to decide how you want to use.

For gear, you generally want to focus on stacking stamina and intellect, get hit cap, and pick up other stats opportunistically. <Voodoo Child> Has a number of shamans, some resto, some spellhance, some elemental, and some normal enhance. If you're curious, just spend a couple minutes checking out their armories for a sense of how the gear works out. Unfortunately for some people out there, we don't have enough people interested in writing guides yet for us to just spoon-feed them how to gear their twink. Me, I think that makes the whole process a bit more fun, since there's still the chance of discovering a new build or combo that no one else has.

I am just about done and ready for my xfer. I just got my satchel rings today and found out that the satchel shoulders I want don't exist. Only getting of the wild, of the bandit, and of the monkey so far (out of about 60 mail shoulders).

(Updated original post.)

Had our first premade match on Friday. Went well, but most importantly it made more clear what we need to recruit for to fill out our premade team.

We may have won those fights, but <SIR> had several key players missing, so we're expecting a more difficult challenge for our next scheduled match, on June 6th. We're also aiming to do these a lot more often than bi-weekly.

So updating recruitment info:
We're open to recruiting any class at the moment. The key is you need to be able to play on Friday nights, US time. If you can't, there are other nights we'll be considering in the future, and we'll still be interested in you joining if you're classy, but not specifically for premades yet.

You also need to have skype, since that's our primary mode of communication. Microphone is not required, but definitely a plus. We use text chat on skype for the most part, and then voice calls for premades.

If you're interested, please PM me and we'll talk.

Users who are viewing this thread