[WotLK] <Voodoo Child> Recruiting 39s for Premades

Jadyne

39 Evangelist
The below was posted mid-2014. I'm leaving it here for posterity. Due to various reasons, This offer is no longer on the table. Molten-WoW is still an excellent private server that I would encourage anyone to try out. There is still a twinking community there, now primarily based on the Deathwing server, and as of February 2015 mostly focused on 19s and 29s. However, who knows what the future holds. I know I'm still playing there, I just don't personally have the time to actively build a community.

Molten-WoW is becoming the 39 twink mecca. Don't believe me? Ask any of the players in the list on the second post here.

<Voodoo Child> on horde side of the Lordaeron realm is recruiting skilled and classy players for premades.

Our goal is to hold weekly competitive and enjoyable premade matches. Everything else supports that goal:
- We want to grow the bracket population, and so we are still giving out free enchants to twinks on both horde and alliance side.
- We want foster a community that is resilient and communicative, so that drama can be resolved and we can maintain the overall focus on getting games and having fun.
- We want an atmosphere that is fun, but also competitive, and team-oriented.

First premade match was a success. Now recruiting players to fill out the team.

Requirements
- Basic knowledge of your class, and willingness to take criticism and improve.
- Speak English fluently.
- Be classy. Our reputation is important, both internally and externally.
- Have Skype. Mic not required, but recommended. We use text chat for communication/organization, and voice for premades.

Current Premade Needs:
If you want to just pvp, and can't or don't want to do the premades, it doesn't matter what class you roll, though healers are always appreciated more.
Warrior: Closed
Rogue: 1 Open
Hunter: 1 Open
Mage: Closed
Warlock: 1-2 Open
Priest: 1 Open
Druid: 1 Open
Shaman: 1 Open
Paladin: 1 Open

Guild Rules
- Be classy.
- Help your teammates.
- If you're dominating, finish the game, don't farm.
- Don't use bugs like Mechanical Sheep or potion spamming
- No FAPs, Arcane Bombs, Magic Dust, Charged Crystal Focii, Rum stacking, Fish Feasts, or other consumable buffs in battlegrounds.

The reasoning for all this is that we want games more than we want to farm, and the more we focus on that, the easier it is for people to join us, and not feel like they have to spend hours farming consumables just to compete on a level footing. We have an agreement with the alliance about keeping the use of consumable buffs low, and they know that if someone decides to try to get an advantage by stacking buffs, we can out-buff them anyway if we chose to.

Applications
PM me if you're interested. We don't do formal applications, just an "interview". ;)

We do expect you to be able to figure out how to download the wotlk client, make an account, roll a char on horde Ragnaros, level to 39, and vote at least 10 times over the course of a week to save up vote points for a transfer to Lordaeron. If you can't do that, even with the info available, then you probably aren't going to work out well in our guild anyway.

If you make it past that small barrier to entry, we'll help you get your professions up on Ragnaros, then give you free enchants and boe gear after you xfer to Lordaeron. Then you'll be an initiate with us, and can start getting to know us. =)

Links
Here is the master thread for Molten-WoW on the private server forum if you're curious to learn more about it. It contains a Getting Started guide to Molten in the second post.

Here is a link to Molten-WoW. If you're interested, even just register an account and start voting before you even start playing, so you can start saving up for gear.

Here is a link to the Twinking subforum on Molten.

And here is a link to <Voodoo Child>'s armory page on Molten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some notable players who have rolled 39s on Molten so far:
Entrerri
Valdo/Xombified
Evilnside
Slasher
Dradform
Pinworms/Perseverence/Schultz
Badmit
Rubikz
Necoangelus
Baddie
Geekz/Nate
Yoube
Rise
Shook
Astone/Esteem
Falkor
Devika
Derv
Fird
Takea
Mammamia
Erryns
Nastay/Donteventrii
Phauren
Summa
Jaymaster/Lolimmune
Grapefruit
Oocheechoo
Riddle
Huargo
Phazz
Minow/Kunte
Livingforce
Tonkatinke
Soskanky
Ohso
Huargo
... And more coming.

Our first set PvP time was a great success. Thursday night 39 pvp got us about a dozen awesome games in a row, hard fought, 99% twinks, and full battlegrounds. We'll see how much activity we get in the next few days, but our next focus day is Sunday afternoon, so that we can combine the EU and US players, and perhaps get some 15v15 ABs, or just more variety in WSG.

Here's screenshots of a few of my favorites:

Great to hear! I'm like 99% sure I'll make a twink on Molten soon. Starting the voting process today--I may take my sweet time voting/leveling etc but hoping to have a twink soonish.

Are you guys still recruiting? Do you still need priests? That's the class I was leaning towards anyway.

Just a few more quick questions about 39 twinking and Molten:
-Do you have scheduled days to queue, or do 39s pop every day?
-How is faction balance @39? Horde/Ally decent in terms of #s and skill level?
-Do addons work at all on Molten?
-How much hit do you need on casters, again? I forget what it was in WotLK but I believe it's different than live....
-How many major glyphs can you have? Still just 1?

Thanks much!!

Great to hear! I'm like 99% sure I'll make a twink on Molten soon. Starting the voting process today--I may take my sweet time voting/leveling etc but hoping to have a twink soonish.

Are you guys still recruiting? Do you still need priests? That's the class I was leaning towards anyway.

Just a few more quick questions about 39 twinking and Molten:
-Do you have scheduled days to queue, or do 39s pop every day?
-How is faction balance @39? Horde/Ally decent in terms of #s and skill level?
-Do addons work at all on Molten?
-How much hit do you need on casters, again? I forget what it was in WotLK but I believe it's different than live....
-How many major glyphs can you have? Still just 1?

Thanks much!!

OMG, I would love another priest. Badmit's been wanting to play his druid more, but I keep getting fricking sheep/fear/everything-spammed. XD

On the serious notes:
- 39s popped sporadically every day until we switched to this schedule thingy. When that happened, everyone went off to build new twinks and farm stuff. We probably need another dozen players to be able to do full wsgs every day without having to actually push people to stop lvling alts. XD
- Generally more horde players, and more ally skill. People are making alts on both factions though, so we're about at the point now where we can even things out. Mostly just need healers.
- Addons work, but not all of them. On curse, if you look up "other versions" for an addon, there's often a 3.3-ish version for a given addon.
- Caster cap is 4%, melee abilities cap is 5%. I think 1% = about 6 rating.
- 2 major, 1 minor. I hear live has a different system though, and I'm not sure what role glyphs play there, so there might be other minor discrepancies.

I updated my 39 priest guide for 3.3.5a around a month ago for Molten-WoW. Judging by your reputation, you probably don't need to read my noob advice on how to play, but the gear list pretty much exhaustive. Should make things easier, and if you're not sure where to find a quest for certain items, I started a list for that too.

Looking forward to you joining us. =)

haha ok great, I'll go priest, then. Thanks much for the detailed response! I'm slowly starting to remember all the WotLK details... I think it's 19 hit to cap, 1 point =.21 %hit?

What's the game night schedule you guys have set up? Also where/how do you guys communicate? Just in-game, or the molten forums? Trying to figure this out and failing lol.

To clarify on the gearing/enchant situation: it sounds like BOEs are easy(ier?) to come by on Molten, and you guys have a supply? Does that include typically-insanely-rare items like Miner's Hat of the Deep? I'm trying to do gear research thru Wishead but it's kinda limited--thanks for the gearing link.

I'm trying to remember what classes were like back in WotLK but struggling to get it all. I think what I remember most is the post-Cata patch twinking days, when all the lvl 10 talent specialization perks were first introduced. But definitely excited for some old mechanics/talents etc! In the emulation (is that the right word??) Molten plays on, do hunters use mana or focus? And do they have a deadzone?? cuz that would make me SOOOO happy lol

OMG I JUST REALIZED I COULD POTENTIALLY USE IRON GRENADES AGAINNNN. /nostalgia

I'm getting a little too excited about this lol.... But I'm not even sure if I'm going to take engi >.<

Hunters don`t have a deadzone in WotLK (it went for good with the end of tBC), and they`re still using mana, and yes caster hit is 21 or 22, however you might want to opt for more as you can hit through the racials and talents that grant extra chances to miss, because welcome to Molten <3

Yeah, most boes are easily obtainable. Means every warrior has PoD, and Miner's Hat is just as easy to get. The items with random suffix stats have to be obtained in game, though, making the rarest and most valuable twink item the stats Green Lenses now. We have a handful of people farming for wildvine for those, but it's slow going. I think we have like 4-5 stamina lenses and 4-5 eagle lenses spread across the community so far.

Hunters don`t have a deadzone in WotLK (it went for good with the end of tBC), and they`re still using mana, and yes caster hit is 21 or 22, however you might want to opt for more as you can hit through the racials and talents that grant extra chances to miss, because welcome to Molten <3
Ah damn, too bad. I was getting so ready to get all up in them hunter faces. but who am I kidding I do that anyway on live lol.

ew.... I forgot about the old class resist racials. gross. so humans still have perception, too, then? so much to relearn/re-remember.

They don't really have a deadzone, but they still can't shoot you if you're in melee range.

Good to see you rolling with up Grape! If you're in touch with Ohso, tell him to come too ;)

-Pinworms

Updated some information. Molten is becoming something of a 39 twink mecca at this rate. We've got competitive arena going along with scheduled WSG nights, and people are starting to make preparations to form premade teams. Check out Pinworms' stream if you haven't already. He's got saved videos there too.

Blah. I'm at 20 something now. Leveling on Rag sucks sometimes with the proportion of gold to XP. Ally Priest

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

It recently came to my attention that some people may be concluding that we're already holding premade matches all the time. =P

This is not yet the case. It is certainly the goal, which is why I used that word. Also, we're looking for other teams out there that may enjoy doing competitive premades in the future. I posted this thread because it is time to start looking for people with an eye towards skill and fit, not just for boosting our overall population.

So if you're someone who's disappointed at the fact that we're not holding premades yet, fear not! The simple fact that I'm willing to be choosy should be a sign that we have enough population to handle missing out on some players. And if you're holding out for premades only, that's fine, we'll get there, you'll just have to wait another month or two. Of course, by that point, you'll probably have to find a different team to join, or else form your own.

If only this was 2.4.3

Yeah, I thought about trying out a TBC server like Feenix or something. There's tradeoffs either way though. For example, hybrids like spellhance shamans weren't really viable until the spellpower changes introduced in 3.0. Personally, I preferred not having BOAs around, but I have to admit that they do fill a few gear gaps that had to be plugged with greens back in TBC.

Ultimately, Pre-Cata 39s was the best intersection of great balance between classes, burst and healing, and between too many and too few abilities along with an amazing community that had highly competitive arenas, premades, and pugs, and room for more casual play and socializing as well.

TL;DR There's no need to try to "market" pre-cata 39s, because they were awesome, and the only thing that was ever an issue was how much more we could organize, grow and improve.

Users who are viewing this thread