[WotLK] 39s Welcome Thread <3

I'm not surprised. Unfortunately all I've ever played were warrior and hunter twinks. Although I'd imagine mages, rogues, and warlocks are also strongly represented, no?

By the way why did we decide the 1x realm was the one when it's the hardest to make a twink on? Even xferring from Rag takes ten days of voting which takes away from BoA voting. It's not like Lord gold is worth anything either...

Last edited by a moderator:
definitely a few mages rogues and locks, feel like theyre under represented compared to hunter/warrior tho. been a lil while since ive been in games tho, so not sure how its all balancing out ATM; plus most people have a lot of alts so balance can change on the fly. id recommend you eventually do the same to get new experiences, since lvling and gearing is so easy.

idk about lord > rag. think they just started on there ages ago so the majority of the community is there now. n people can def power lvl to 39 faster than voting if they wanted, but i know i just started voting before i even downloaded the client so it didnt take long to xfer - and 1x lvling wasnt as fun as i remembered. sure other people can chime in on why its lord tho.
just wish people woulda made toons a month or so ago, molten just gave away a ton of vp from a youtube/facebook promotion. but good thing is bis non boa gear is easy to get and still damn good

Sucks that I'm too late to the party but nothing I can't make up eventually. As for expanding my repertoire that's probably not going to happen any time soon unless its like 5+ hunters every battleground.

definitely a few mages rogues and locks, feel like theyre under represented compared to hunter/warrior tho. been a lil while since ive been in games tho, so not sure how its all balancing out ATM; plus most people have a lot of alts so balance can change on the fly. id recommend you eventually do the same to get new experiences, since lvling and gearing is so easy.

Interesting. I havn't played a 39 game on Molten yet but just by watching the few videos Jadyn has put up it looks to be heavily lock/priest dominated and not a lot of hunters or warriors. Maybe his games have just been bad representations though.

iirc last night there was only 1 lock per side. horde had up to two priests in a game or two, and ally had 2 in each game i believe...either that or priest/hpal or 3 heals, cant remember
think we were limiting it to 2 of each class to prevent class stacking as premades get off teh ground

Interesting. I havn't played a 39 game on Molten yet but just by watching the few videos Jadyn has put up it looks to be heavily lock/priest dominated and not a lot of hunters or warriors. Maybe his games have just been bad representations though.

Bad representation. We've actually got a bunch of excellent warriors, and several scary hunters in the community. As for priests... yeah they're probably the toughest healers to deal with... until they go oom. While the premade we just did on Friday had the rule of no more than 2 of each class, what I found more interesting was banning all potion usage. It made priest mana even more of an issue, which was probably a useful balancing factor vs the other healing classes. Will have to watch for that though; hard to analyze in the middle of a premade. XD

Edit: as for playing on Lordaeron, it's mostly because we're already there. But it's also a better realm for world pvp too, and when we started out, that was a potential perk at the time, along with getting nontwink pugs in casual wsgs. That was the original reasoning at least. >.<

Can anyone tell me how shamans do in WotLK? I've played one at 39 before but that was Cata when enhance had dualwield and stormstrike at 39. Just looking off the talents and spells available enhance looks weak other than the occasional lucky windfury crit with PoD (which looks quite devastating btw). Does ele put up decent numbers in terms of damage and crits? And how's resto? Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing you in game soon.

I have yet to see anyone experiment with fire nova on an ele sham. I hear there was a patch where it was OP. I'm not sure if that's 3.3.5 though. Also, spellhance is very good as well.

Also makes sense to be on Lord if people don't ever feel like donating. Rag can often be too full so people would have long wait times to get on their twinks. That problem doesn't exist on Lord yet

hi i dont really know u guys i think but does this twink server thing always have games going? also is this patch where i can play fc mage? if so i would be interested in playing

thanks

hi i dont really know u guys i think but does this twink server thing always have games going? also is this patch where i can play fc mage? if so i would be interested in playing

thanks

We'd have games going all the time if people had lower standards for the quality of those games. That said, we've finally gotten to the point where we're getting WSGs regularly again. I'll let you know in a week if it keeps going.

And yes, FC mages are excellent. Make one on horde. Basic getting started guide here, and PM me if you want to join the skype chat group.

Had 12-15 online last night. Did 3v3s for a couple hours, but needed a few more for WSG. We'll probably get that next week. Had a lot of people unexpectedly not show up, so pretty happy that we still got 15.

So this server is still going on? I tried leveling a character but it made me want to kill myself. I would love to grace you all with my presence though. Which faction needs help?

I would like to make an arms warrior. Are they over represented? Are any of my Nightfall / Cyclone friends still in this?

~Arock.

P.S. If I could get a response from Jadyne that would be sweet. I can't message anyone in your guild without being level 19..

So this server is still going on? I tried leveling a character but it made me want to kill myself. I would love to grace you all with my presence though. Which faction needs help?

I would like to make an arms warrior. Are they over represented? Are any of my Nightfall / Cyclone friends still in this?

~Arock.

P.S. If I could get a response from Jadyne that would be sweet. I can't message anyone in your guild without being level 19..

Don't level on Lordaeron. Save up the 50 vote points for a server transfer, and level on Ragnaros for the 10x XP rate and 5x profession rate. PM me, I'm inactive aside from playing my regular weekly night, so it takes a bit more than a forum post to get my attention normally. =/

Users who are viewing this thread