Worth it to put PoD on a hunter?

zew

Had trouble finding any discussion about this topic. From a min-maxing perspective would it be worth it to have a PoD in your bag to switch to in melee combat on hunter (either mm or sv)?

a4v3it8xh8i31.png

Had trouble finding any discussion about this topic. From a min-maxing perspective would it be worth it to have a PoD in your bag to switch to in melee combat on hunter (either mm or sv)?

Do you like to get real sweaty? 1.5s delay on swing after switching to PoD, then once you're done in melee 1.5s wait again. Is it the best melee weapon? Yes, but if you ever fire a ranged shot with it you are gimping yourself at least 3 DPS compared to using a Manslayer as your standard weapon, which I'm comparing because I think it's the best 2H option. You can equip it anytime and get the +38 AP (although mid combat the Stam is lost), it will still net you large Raptor Strikes and you don't have to swap it off for ranged attacks because the AP is so good. In theory you could get away with a set of double +22 Int weapons and a Manslayer with +25 Agi and be very well set.

From a min maxing perspective it's the best 2 hand weapon in bracket so that would earn it a spot in your bags I think. How often you'd actually use it is a separate question. Is there a special place in hell for hunters who equip pod? I prefer to think so.

Users who are viewing this thread