World PvP in Legion...

AlisterCrow

Grandfathered
The pre-patch is coming soon and with it the dreaded stat templates in instanced pvp. Stripping away the ability to create a custom build using your own gear/talent choices and taking that build in to a battleground in order to implement your own custom play-style. Shadowfangs, Gloomshrouds, Rings of precision.......worthless in the gulch. Battleground chat will consist mostly of twinks trying to coach inexperienced players on playing objectives and inexperienced players using the new silencing system to report twinks for calling them "autistic" repeatedly.

For me, the process of finding an ability or two that I want to base my playstyle around and gathering gear/items to get the most out of my build is/was the main source of enjoyment that I got from twinking. A spec that wasn't viable at end-game could be viable at a lower level given the right gearing. I could try something different and experiment with it in pvp. That essence of customization was my main reason for twinking.

With almost all the customization for instanced pvp being removed I started thinking seriously about playing end-game exclusively and giving up on twinking entirely. I already focus mostly on end-game with twinking as an after-thought, so it wouldn't be too hard for me.

It seems to me that the only way to play around with your gear in pvp come pre-patch will be world-pvp. There will be no stat templates in world-pvp. Anything goes. I just get the feeling that most twinks aren't really interested in world pvp. Am I wrong in that assumption? I'm interested in what the twinking community has to say about this. Are you going to stick to your battlegrounds and arenas or will you become more active in world-pvp?....maybe even organized events? Maybe someone out there has a kick-ass idea for an event. I'd like to hear it. I'll start with one:

Thousand Needles World PvP lvl 49:
My first concern about world pvp on twinks is of course max-level toons ruining the fun, but when's the last time you flew over thousand needles on your 100? If you answered "wtf is thousand needles", you are correct. Most max-level toons are in Kalimdor for Onyxia's Lair or Firelands (just standing around in front of Org too). There is next to nothing of interest that requires traveling through Thousand needles so the spot is geographically ideal.

Starting at level 40, you can pick up the quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25516/down-in-the-deeps which rewards a permanent(as long as you're in TN)buff called http://www.wowhead.com/spell=75627/speedbarge-diving-helm which increases your NON-MOUNTED movement speed up to 170% (with WoD cloak enchant on) while underwater. Mounted speed while underwater is the same as it is on land with the buff up. It persists through death. I haven't tested whether swim speed pots or swift pots stack with it.

The idea is to start at a certain point on the map which is conveniently just a straight(ish) line kind of like a drag-strip. Take two 5-10 man teams of each faction and race underwater to Fizzle and Pozzik's Speebarge where the Alliance will try to kill http://www.wowhead.com/npc=40028/pozzik and the Horde will try to kill http://www.wowhead.com/npc=40027/fizzle-brassbolts . Whoever kills the opposing faction's level 50 elite first wins a purse of some kind. What happens on the way there is chaos. Some classes and specs will be better than others at racing and we can't just have druids winning easily every time, so those who are not on a racing team would be encouraged by a similar purse of some kind to kill as many racers as possible.....starting at the speedbarge and hunting down racers in order to obtain the highest kill count. Racers that have made it on to the speedbarge of course are off-limits to hunters.

Did I mention the http://www.wowhead.com/item=55121/river-boat ? We can be fvcking pirates.

What are your thoughts on Wpvp? Any ideas? Improve upon mine?

Last edited:
World PvP events would be dope, and I'm sure they'll start to surface in terms of world pvp events within the community once we all settle into the pre patch..

However, the two most hyped brackets 19 and 29's.. Couldn't possibly make it to thousand needles without mobs being a problem. What I mean by that is, sure we could make it there, but mobs AT thousand needles would destroy us while we lvl'd lol.

So, this in turn leaves this idea for 49's and up, while still a good idea, I doubt there's enough people here in the community to make anything happen with those brackets and it be sustainable.. After all, it'd take this community within the forum to really make anything vital happen.

There are plenty of low level zones with wide open space we'd be able to utilize. Most of which high levels don't even fuck with.

I'm sure in due time once people had enough of the BG's with all the same stats bullshit, that people might want to partake in a world pvp event. After all.. We're going to be itching to have our weapon enchants proc and stats on our gear.

Yeah, I certainly don't expect any 49 twink events to happen soon at all. I will definitely have one on bleeding hollow or emerald dream US and have a blast in thousand needles without an event. I mean, the 49 section on this site consists of literally one thread iirc....which is a shame considering all the cool stuff 49s can get like some of the only armor set bonuses that will remain in Legion.....the timbermaw trinkets etc.

I doubt anything but end-game and the three main brackets (19s/29s/70s) will be what members of the xpoff.com site participate in during the early days of the Xpac. I have a feeling that after having xpoff brackets all to ourselves for so long many will start looking for another way to play their twinks because of the noob epidemic that will run rampant from level 10-29. Innovation will definitely be needed to continue playing on blizzard servers and not some private server where everything is always bugged.

I have a 60 hunter and a 20 Rogue. The Hunter used to sit in Hellfire, but it just got boring. I tried all the zones in that level area and decided Ungoro was what I liked best, even thought there was a lot of people in low 50s. The rogue sits in Redridge with Duskwood nearby, lot of max level players though its generally not a problem. Overall the zones are just so dead its hard to play it consistently. Unless its just my cross realm group I could not imagine even remotely getting a decent number of fights in thousand needles. Im not sure if the old zones will ever really be populated again.

I have a 60 hunter and a 20 Rogue. The Hunter used to sit in Hellfire, but it just got boring. I tried all the zones in that level area and decided Ungoro was what I liked best, even thought there was a lot of people in low 50s. The rogue sits in Redridge with Duskwood nearby, lot of max level players though its generally not a problem. Overall the zones are just so dead its hard to play it consistently. Unless its just my cross realm group I could not imagine even remotely getting a decent number of fights in thousand needles. Im not sure if the old zones will ever really be populated again.
We'll see how things are with a new expansion and an influx of new and returning players....

Users who are viewing this thread